Why did this win an Oscar again?

Why did this win an Oscar again?

Inb4 2deep4u

Because niggers

That Oscar belongs to Emma Stone

Shut up, Kanye.

Because of the kike-driven Academy brainwashing the public about the degenerate culture of welfare-munching niggers.

Because fuck whitey, we be needin' mo representation. No taxation without reparations and all dat good shit. We be needin' to knock dem statues down so we can start healin'. I swear I stop killin' my folks if you gib oscar.

The fact that we let this type of cuckery go by just goes to show how we, as Sup Forumsians, have to be much more responsible of the filth that ravages this world, and we have to cleanse it hastily. We have to kill. We have to shed blood if we have to.

Fuck off nigger

Calm your autism, faggot.

I fully bought into the gay black guy oscar bait opinion, then I actually watched it. It's a beautiful movie, and I'm convinced the people here haven't seen it.

Triggered cuck, go back to fucking tumblr you small-skulled shitskin.

because it was good, stay mad Sup Forums

It was probably done as a response to that #oscarsowhite nonsense.

It was solid not really something I would reeatch but not a complete waste of money. Too bad we can't talk about it without butthurt Sup Forumstards bitching and sjws treating it as godly

the Lannisters send their regards

Fuck you, what the fuck can you do to me? I'm smarter and stronger than what you will ever be in your virgin lifetime, faggot.

They had to pick a black movie over la la land. they had to.

Idk never watched it.
And probably nobody of the Oscar voters bothered to watch it either.

I watched it, but I think it was a bit too subtle to be perceptible as good.

Fuck off

cringe

Who knows why but I'm not mad because it is actually a great movie. Better than Dishonesty Land for sure.

It was this or la la land, so they picked the least gay flick.

Niggerfaggots

>movie about black gays
>the year after #oscarstoowhite scandal

Gee, I wonder.

>it's a Sup Forumsflakes get triggered episode
getting pretty tired of this episode

sorry you cant enjoy a good movie Sup Forumstard, next time stay in your containment board

Only one oscar?
I thought it was more.
Fucking racists.

Same. It wasn't amazing, but I was pleasantly surprised.

this, obviously.

Gay niggers from outer space is the true gay nigger kino.

Awards are political. It's because Trump got elected. I wish I was joking when I said this was the reason.

I didn't really like the movie but what the fuck is wrong with this person

>Blacks get a pity Oscar
>Meaning this film to be on all the Black channels for decades to come
>It's about gay men and how shitty black culture is

it's a really bad film. it's a desperate forced attempt at a dramatic film, but people eat it up because it has pretty colors and caters to their sensibilities. Next time you see a big muscular black drug dealer wearing thousands of dollars in jewelry, remember that deep down he's a just a sensitive little boy who was wronged by the world.

Because it was a decent movie. It wasn't deep, it was never trying to be in the first place. The people who whine about Moonlight are the type of people who get triggered whenever they hear violin or piano music in a movie, or whenever a gay person is in a movie. They instantly shut their brains off and assume that it's the only aspect of the film and miss everything else, crying "oscar bait" even though La La Land completely swept the Oscars.

Moonlight is not a complicated film. It just deals with an alienated, isolated youth struggling to grow up, then realizing when he becomes an adult that he has become a fraud due to his environmental pressures and the people he surrounded himself with. Chiron starts off as a shy, sensitive boy who becomes a buffed up, ultra macho stereotype because his only father figure was Juan, and he feels that he has to in order to survive around his peers. It's implied that this is a cycle in the community Chiron grows up with, because Juan himself also shows a more sensitive side in acting like a father for Chiron, which is at odds with his violent thug exterior. It isn't until Chiron meets with Kevin again that the fake image Chiron has created for himself starts to crumble.

The ideas played with in the movie, such as how the people we surround ourselves with influence our paths in life, how we live our lives as facades when becoming adults, how we struggle with our own sense of personal identity while growing up, etc. are not exclusive to the black or LGBT community. They're themes that everyone confronts. That's why people who whine about the Oscars or the fact that the protagonist is gay hilariously miss the point and are either children or triggered ideologues. The film doesn't focus heavily on Chiron's homosexuality and mostly just uses it as a device to explain how he is alienated from everyone else. In the end you don't have to be black or gay to find something to relate to in the movie.

it was a pretty good movie and better than la la land, is why it won

waaah but black people ;(