Tax Records

Can someone explain to me why Trump won't release his tax returns?

All I've been able to gather is that it will hurt him in the audit. But if he didn't do anything illegal and he's not ashamed of any of his tax practices then it shouldn't matter to the voters OR to anyone who goes over it with a fine-tooth comb. I read that he was being audited every year for at least a decade now as well with no problems so he should be clean from a legal standpoint, no? It also raises the question if he ever planned to release his tax records at all if he knew he could safely assume he was going to be audited the same as past years.

I'm not a true believer or anything but I don't think Trump is evil or crazy. Neither is Hillary for that matter. It does bother me however that something so traditional and necessary is just handwaved away by a presidential candidate.

Other urls found in this thread:

gallup.com/poll/155897/Majority-Americans-Romney-Release-Tax-Returns.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ok show us yours then

>acknowledge Trump is being audited
>WHY WON'T HE RELEASE HIS TAX RECORDS REEEEEEEEEE

>Each Republican nominee in the past nine presidential elections has released his tax returns: Ronald Reagan (1980, 1984), George H. W. Bush (1988, 1992), Bob Dole (1996), George W. Bush (2000, 2004), John McCain (2008) and Mitt Romney (2012).

There is precedence for this.
GOP, IRS, non-partisan observers, etc. have all said there is little risk to releasing if he's already in an audit.

He can't be audited MORE and I find it very unlikely the IRS isn't examining the tax records fully. I'd imagine it would be a priority.

Because he doesn't really stand to benefit and it only opens the door to a media circus.

He probably only takes a few hundred thousand dollars in income each year. Donald, like all billionaires pay the vast majority of taxes from capital gains. The average voter doesn't understand this so the media will make it look like there's something fishy going on or that it's an outrage that a billionaire only pays a few hundred thousand in income taxes.

Meanwhile people that are already voting for him don't really give a shit about his taxes either way. So it's probably better to just avoid the whole mess

He's either going to have less cash capital than you'd think or he's using a bunch of tax loopholrs. Even if he isn't, that's still what people will try to accuse him of. Honestly, I really don't care. Like, why can't you have a candidate take advantage of our tax code? Dems, on the other hand, couldn't even fathom running their own business. Consider this: Mittens released his taxes just before the election then proceeded to lose in a landslide. Trump had literally nothing to gain from releasing hos taxes.

release your browser history first and then we can talk

Why should he?

Because he wants people to make a big deal out of it for when he is ready to actually release the things.

Why should any candidate release their personal tax returns? It a bullshit practice.

Send goes for Hillary's medical records. Not the public's business, so fucking drop it.

>GTFO shill

Voting for Trump, calm down

why won't hillary release a detailed record of her medical history? WHAT IS SHE TRYING TO HIDE?

stupid back and forth game. voters don't give a fuck about tax returns besides bloodthirsty liberals trying to make a fuss out of nothing.

however, i do hope trump releases them on the day before the debates and show the entire world there's literally nothing he's hiding.

in other words: drink blink you dumb nigger nobody gives a shit about tax returns.

bleach*

IRS heavily reviews and monitors the tax returns, meaning theres literally nothing in them if they haven't already outed him.

I don't give a fuck about his tax returns. I want to see medical records. That matters more to me.

This whole tax return thing is the media Jews telling us over and over again that they matter. But they don't matter to me. We shouldn't even have a fucking income tax.

Thanks for #correctingtherecord

IRS would've outed him already if there was something fishy, they've been auditing him for like 8 years straight because of Obama.

Anyway, why should he? Why give in to a crowd of people who always get what they want?

The integrity and health of Candidate that will be leading the nation is very much the publics interest. If they didn't want to share their personal lives they shouldn't be a politician.

- Huma and Hillary after hours

What happened?

Opening his books to the media would do nothing other than harm him, his campaign, and most likely his company's employee's. He should keep them shut for the sake of others who work for him.

trump wont release them because they are nobody's fucking business. he's already said that he pays the lowest rate possible...like everyone whose ever paid taxes

That's why I'm honestly confused why he's stalling...

The Trump brand sells itself on being the best, his tax returns would tarnish that because obviously he doesn't make that much money. Real Estate is non-liquid assets that don't generate too much cash flow.

because its a sucker's bet that the instant he releases it the IRS will claim that he's in violation of some obscure tax code in one section of the tax return or off by 3ยข in some tally and the (((media))) will go all out about his MASSIVE TAX FRAUD
until it has the official IRS audit stamp of approval as an accurate tax return it simply cannot be released.

Didn't see this asked elsewhere in this thread, so...

Why should he?

This. You'd think the media would focus more on framing him as a rapist than a tax-dodger, though.

he will in exchange for Hilary's medical records. The art of the deal lol

>nobody gives a shit about tax returns.

>PRINCETON, NJ -- A majority of Americans (54%) say Mitt Romney should release additional tax returns, while 37% say he should not, according to a USA Today/Gallup snapshot poll conducted Wednesday night. Predictably, Democrats strongly favor his releasing more tax returns, Republicans have the opposite view, and independents mirror the national tendency to favor Romney's releasing more returns.

gallup.com/poll/155897/Majority-Americans-Romney-Release-Tax-Returns.aspx

Also, she already released her medical records.

>YOU CANT TRUST LE EVIL CORPRIT MEDIA, BETTER TO JUST NOT SEE THEM AT ALL #MAGA

There is NO limitations on when, how, or why the IRS may audit. He could release his records before, during, or after the audit and it could still trigger another audit.

The reasoning just falls flat unless he is just honestly getting poor advice from his tax lawyers.

FYI, audits only go back 7 years. Trump's "audit" excuse is absolutely ridiculous for his tax returns up to 2008.

Also, the IRS issued a statement to the press saying that there is no regulation preventing Trump from releasing his returns even if they are under audit. Therefore, Trump is free to release all his tax returns up to 2015.

No lawyer has stepped up to make the claim that releasing his tax returns under audit could create a potential legal risk. (Not even on Fox News.) Any lawyer who made such a false claim would face disgrace by his colleagues, of course. I guess there aren't any lawyers willing to shill themselves into professional disgrace in exchange for a few shekels from Trump. That's a bit surprising, but sometimes the world can be a surprising place.

Basically, the whole "audit" excuse is a completely pants-on-fire lie by Trump.

It's a historical legacy to prove a presidential candidate has a clear and clean financial history isn't a criminal going back consistently to Nixon's scandal. Even before that, past candidates and presidents have released their tax records. Nobody wants a fraud, cheat or crook as president because it places their desire to be president in question.

Hillary has committed crimes and it has tarnished her candidacy for good reason. I don't know why anyone would think any other crimes either candidate may have committed shouldn't come to light.

and isn't*

IF he was a criminal, he's not, the IRS would go after him. The reason he won't release his taxes is because obviously he doesn't make as much money as he claims. This would tarnish his brand, and only hurt his employees.