What the fuck? this was really really good

what the fuck? this was really really good
what's wrong with plebs and weeabos? yeah, it's not a very faithful adaption, but who gives a fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E6bpWXVivi8
youtube.com/watch?v=AMHFlD65hY4
youtube.com/watch?v=ym2q37q-cp0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's exactly how I feel.

literally came off as a nerd fantasy lol

youtu.be/E6bpWXVivi8

It's shit.

There's coloreds in it

Do you get free Netflix for doing this?
The movie is fucking garbage
>shit acting
>The dialogue between m and f protagonist is fucking abhorrent
>final """twist""" wasn't the amazing reveal the director thought it was
>Almost no cat and mouse between L and Light, L just knows light was the Death Note guy because?
>Way too short
You don't have to be reddit or Sup Forums to hate this shit

I feel the same way.
Its just autists that expect that they can condense an entire series in a movie that is set in america which contains both whites and black.

It seem like a shitter and rush version of the live action drama.

This basically

Only things this movie has going for it is Dafoe, the visuals, and arguably the music. Everything else is ironically good at best and embarrassingly bad at worst. Writing is baffling on its on, however, it looks many times worse when compared to its source material. The characters and the battle of wits, the two most appealing qualities of the series, are almost entirely absent. What was the point of calling this Death Note?

if it's "really really good" then why does it have such shit review scores, especially from audiences?

>hides it behind his back
This Light looks goofy. Does he kill his own dad right after that?

HIROGARU YAMI NO NAKA KAWASHIATTA KAKUMEI NO CHIGIRI

It was pretty good, buddy says the show was better, so probably going to check it out now.

Hello there, i am a normal Sup Forums user as well and i did enjoyed this motion picture a lot, Netflix only makes good movies and series, i am happy that is being well accepted in here that means theres more to come.
Its litterally the best streaming service avaliable on the net.

regardless of how bad an adaptation it was, it was unequivocally shit

the shill is strong with this thread

Are you a Netflix shill or a contrarian trying to meme "le ded not movie is gud"?

No. Also drama Light is more of an anti-hero like the netflix version. Though he is a huge dumbass in this version.

I want to watch it, but I haven't seen the TV series.

>Though he is a huge dumbass in this version.
As bad as the Netflix one?

Nah.

Some of you guys are so fucking retarded. This movie is campy, ironic goodness. A "serious" adaptation of death note in an american setting would be just cheesy and awkward like the japanese live action because the source material is too fantastic and adolescent to work outside anime; instead, the director did something self-aware and playful. It's a great flick

Light and L were too emotional. They thought literally nothing through. The thinking was literally the best thing about the show.

>damage control continues

WEEB ON SUICIDE W A T C H

So how did Light know Watari was an android nor was it ever mentioned and how was he able to control something non human with the death note?
This was by far the biggest plot hole aside from the whole ending where you can dictate every action

Post the virgin run please

As soon as I heard Dafoe, I knew i was staying for the rest of the show.

Everything else I couldn't care much for but him.

>"Hey look we're gonna shoot that scene again, can you run a little less like a virgin"
-Not that director

Dafuq is Dafoe

I don't think he's a dumbass. Not a super genius like in the manga/anime, he has his moments of brilliance, and he makes many of the same mistakes. Which is better since he's not a super genius.

Watched the anime, read the manga, even then I thought this wasn't that bad. It had its faults, but it wasn't god awful like all of these autists are saying

>BUT MUH FAITHFUL TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL

>yeah, it's not a very faithful adaption, but who gives a fuck?
>literally ignoring the core problems anons present in every one of these threads calling it "kino"
See >shit pacing
>shit character development
>only good performance was L
>story filled with plot holes
>teen memes and mellowdrama used as "comedy"
The movie not being a faithful adaptation isn't the core problem. It's fucking terrible as a stand alone movie, period.

>BUT MUH FAITHFUL TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL
Without that you just create a parody. This movie is a parody.

Will

I liked it too.

Nobody gives a fuck about the source material except nerds who can't get fucking laid. Dorks!

>LOTR is a parody

'fun' movie entertaining to watch some scenes were okay, but its just below average.

It's okay if you ignore the manga, but even still, its extremely easy to see the issues as your watching

Quit shilling and ignoring the thread

Can we take a second to talk about how terrible and awkward looking Ryuk's design is? I felt uncomfortable every time he decided to appear.

It's best watched as strictly a comedy/parody, whether that was the director's intention or not. Was also shot pretty decently and the visuals were great. Don't get me wrong, it's shit. But entertaining shit.

Light is a psychopath in the anime.

>Aragorn screams like a bitch after discovering the ring and Saruman is now black

reminded me of live action grinch tbqh

it is an obvious parody, my man
have you watched wingard's other movies? he has a hard-on for this kind of campy, self-aware stuff

Better than what the last movie had.

>3D model of original design vs. Abomination
Yeah, maybe stop being so weebophobic. There is literally nothing this movie did right except the virgin run.

That 3D model is literally worse than what either the original movies or the drama had. I'll give Netflix Note one thing - using practical effects for Ryuk was good.

I wouldn't call it self aware user.

>using practical effects for Ryuk
How? That thing looked like CGI up the viewer's ass.

>shit pacing
>shit character development
>story filled with plot holes
....so it's a perfectly faithful adaptation?

>Almost 5/10
>Almost 50%
That is pretty fair honestly. I don't get why people are saying it's /shit/. It's just okay at worst.

And maybe practical effects looking like CG is bad, but it's still something.

So you mean to tell me that Ryuk was a 7'3" puppet?

>same reason why Beiber and lets plays are popular. People have shit taste. Good things can get back reviews too. Lot great movies with shit scores.

This movie is awful. I watched it day one and came here to roast it on Sup Forums. Now a week later there's shills all over page 0. Fuck off, you chuckleheads.

I'm not even a fan of the anime since I feel it drops down the shitter after about 10 episodes, but it at least had an interest cat-and-mouse dynamic. This movie finds new and inventive ways to be mediocre and bad. It plays like the whole movie is a montage.

I fucked up. Ryuk's face was CG, the rest wasn't.

Either way, looks a hell of a lot better than the fourth movie's Ryuk. Although that movie had some badass shinigami.

So... Are there any pictures of the puppet?

It wasn't a puppet, it was an actor in a costume.

What I want to see is how the thing looks. If the face was GC, does it mean the real thing had no face?

>movie is a montage
Even as someone who thought the movie was okay, I agree. I don't know if it was originally meant to be a full length series or something but it feels really condensed and like it was a montage recap of an entire season of a show.

..It means the real thing was a guy wearing the costume but without a mask or anything. The face was made with CG using mocap data gathered from Dafoe.

Goddamn, well they really fucked that up.

It should have been at the very least a 4 episode test-run series like Castlevania. The pacing was so jarring to me. It almost seemed like characters had to talk quickly because their scene was about to end

Honestly they did use any of the source material?
Ryuk didn't even look like Ryuk
he looked like a baby ass nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=AMHFlD65hY4
looked good desu, ryuk that is

how the fuck was mia able to use the death note?

Thanks for the gif, user. This was my favorite scene in the movie.

It was great how that was followed by L straight up slamming some random dude's head into a bowl of soup as L was chasing Light through the diner.

Anyone can use it, just write a name and some fucker dies.
Movie added bullshit rules to it is what happened.

I want to fuck that thing on the bottom

What if I mentioned she's a caring "ara ara" type shinigami who will gladly give up her life if you're about to die?

THAT'S Rem? I thought it was the one that liked chocolate

>high schooler
>looks like he's 37

MIA A CUTE

youtube.com/watch?v=ym2q37q-cp0

Watch the drama.

I thought she was an annoying cunt. 3D women truly are an overrated meme.
This was really awkward.

>WE WUZ L N SHIET
>good

This was actually good, L should run like a virgin sperg like this since that's what he is. Good autism.

Rem was in the second film. This one's a different shinigami who vaguely resembles Sidoh.

Yeah, I liked it too. I also like how Light and Misa are basically Light from the manga. They just split the character made them work together.

The fact that Yagami is spelled incorrectly in reverse in this picture will always bother me.

This is actually how Chads run, you fucking kissless virgin faggots.

YAGMAI

bump

I love how shilling is perfectly okay these days. This shit and riverfail gets shilled every single day.

this is ryuk

not the rest abominations

I watched it last night.
I tried to watch it unbaised and objectively but yeah it's fucking awful.
I could write an essay on what is wrong with it but everything that was great about the anime is gone. Even as a film it just doesn't work awful acting, no chemistry, genuine plot holes, terrible pacing and comes across like a parody. It somehow manages to look like a high budget movie and a 3rd rate TV show all at once.
Wingard either hasn't watched the anime it or just didn't like enough to actually adapt it

> Netflix only makes good movies and series

L O L

What's up SNIKT?

Why do virigins run like this? I don’t understand how it’s so common.

>GIF

L is a fucking nigger