youtube.com/watch?v=78gR3Dlj7l0?t=01m00s
youtube.com/watch?v=nnS9M03F-fA
youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU
youtube.com/watch?v=a3PhbMj9Flo
youtube.com/watch?v=4RjqcTsxx-8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not tv related but the last waltz should be part of high school education

>Not tv related
It's a fucking movie directed by Scorsese.

what's that in his nostril?

>movie filmed by scorsese
>not tv related

Everyone in The Band was great, especially Levon but Robbie was a bit full of himself.

Also if you've ever wanted to learn bass from a smoked out Rick Danko you should check this out: youtube.com/watch?v=k3gNkixsLaM

I live in Danville and it sucks complete ass.

Figured you guys needed to know.

that performance of Helpless is simply earth shattering youtube.com/watch?v=J2z7LXpAX3Q

band bump

I once spent 24 hours in Danville and I concur.

So is every music video ever made Sup Forums related? Take your time to respond

I see constant music video threads. I think there's one in the catalog now.

The fact is that The Last Waltz is a concert film AS WELL as a documentary, including several interviews with the members of The Band discussing their time playing together before what would be... the "last waltz". It is a very seminal work in Martin Scorsese, AND The Band's careers. Kill yourself now.

Friendly reminder, like with most "live" shows, they didn't even use half the tracks from the set and instead recorded them afterwards.

So are music videos Sup Forums? If not then The Last Waltz isnt either

>So are music videos Sup Forums?
yes, they are short films meant to accompany the song. they are Sup Forums related. why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Because making you respond is more fun

Well as long as you kill yourself right after. Promise me that. youtube.com/watch?v=44wDwMQVqCc

if it's a relevant director you could say so
David Fincher did some big music videos and movies so he is
McG did music videos and a few movies and isn't

THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN

thanks for reminding me of one of my all-time favorite albums and music films

>THE NIGHT THEY DROVE OLD DIXIE DOWN

. . .

Kicking a statue? Why are they so mad? Who are these people? What a fucking joke of a situation.

>that guy in the blue thinking of punching it and then deciding not to

I'M GOING UP ON CRIPPLE CREEK

that blue shirt guy is the definition of a weenie

THEY SAY EVERY MAN NEEDS PROTECTION

wtf a Band thread on Sup Forums, i love you OP

fun trivia, clapton's guitar strap fell off midway through his intro on this and robbie robertson picked up the lead like nobody's business

youtube.com/watch?v=78gR3Dlj7l0?t=01m00s

sloppy playing by clapton later in the solo but the crowd and the rest of the band is so fucking into it. huge fan of this performance

i read Helm's biography Wheel On Fire and it's impossible not to come away with that opinion

Robbie basically credited himself as the sole songwriter behind the scenes and was getting all the royalties after the fact when it was a much more collaborative effort. he was also the one who wanted to break up the band, and sat alone with Scorsese doing tons of blow to make him look the best in the movie

>robbie acts like he's the leader
>not even the first, second, or third best singer
>not even the best musician

IF I DON'T DO IT

>BABY DONT YA DO IT

one of my favorites, it's a marvin gaye cover

>neil young joins them coked of his mind
>clapton joins them shitfaced drunk
>dylan tries to back out minutes before going on

the original and goat concert film

Why

>not even the first, second, or third best singer
IIRC, his microphone isn't even plugged in during the concert. It's apparently something they did to him all the time, but it's especially funny that it happened during such a highly regarded and publicized concert.

Van Morrison was the best part of the Last Waltz, fucking hilarious. Dude looks nothing like what I expected him to look like with that voice.

iirc the rest of the band didnt know why the fuck neil diamond was included other than being robbie's friend

He's just a weird Irish grommet

He was the most out of place of the whole show

The Last Waltz is feature length, had a full theatrical release, won Academy Awards, and it one of Scorsese's best fucking films.

Eat a bag of dicks.

>tfw someone besides you brings up scrosese's best work on Sup Forums

>Robertson's biological father was a Jewish professional gambler named Alexander David Klegerman.

Fat irishman on cocaine wearing sequins -- what's not to like?

god tier
>dont do it

great tier
>shape i'm in
>caravan
>baby let me follow you down (reprise)
>mystery train

good tier but i overplayed them
>cripple crick
>night they drove old dixie down
>further on up the road

You know I was posting about this movie in a Scorsese thread a week or so back. Is this Sup Forums circling back from my recommendation?

Does anyone like Joan Baez version of TNTDDD more?

youtube.com/watch?v=nnS9M03F-fA

Where the fuck is the Weight? The Staples singers man!

>tfw neil young gets fresh with joni mitchell during the finale

God tier:

>It makes no difference
>stage fright
>ophelia

great tier:
>Long black veil
>I shall be released

>everything else goes here but it's still good.

Van Morrison is a godlike singer tho

you're right that's a big oversight

for some reason i was remembering it as that non-live weird studio version of evangeline maybe

Fuck off Scorsese I got neighbors.

Acadian Driftwood is a nice deep cut.

a danko man i see

they had so much fucking versatility with his unique / weird voice, richard manuel being a god, and levon having a lot of everyman soul

IF you're good you get away with anything and everything, which is as it should be.

Interestingly though, Van Morrison developed severe stage anxiety in his later years.

supposedly Moondance was originally written as "handjob" and the record label had him clean it up

true or not it's funny to listen to with that in mind

youtube.com/watch?v=6lFxGBB4UGU

God, It Makes No Difference makes me teary every time I hear it. Helpless is also god tier.

Joni's harmonizing on Helpless makes me feel some way

damn there used to be a sick clip of them practicing King Harvest at the actual Big Pink house

looks like it got taken off youtube

This is my favorite Van Morrison recording. good shit.

turn up your ... rad-e-o

That black dude singing that verse in The Weight absolutely kills, it, then the black chick shows up and ruins everything

what was wrong with Mavis?!

Her verse is great, but she absolutely overdoes it at the end. I can't stand it.

To me it's the most dramatic song in the movie, besides maybe Helpless and I Shall Be Released. I think she did it right.

>it's a Van The Man burns down the building episode

I like those

Don't get me wrong, she sang it very well. I just don't particularly like it. To each their own, though I'm probably the one who's wrong.

Nah I can see where you're coming from: I usually don't like "showy" vocal performances. Not to kill the vibe of the thread but I have a love/hate relationship with this performance for that reason: youtube.com/watch?v=a3PhbMj9Flo

youtube.com/watch?v=4RjqcTsxx-8

Opheeeeeelia, where have you gone?

the niiiight the drove old Sup Forums down...