Tfw lowest summer box office in 10 years

>tfw lowest summer box office in 10 years.

variety.com/2017/film/news/summer-box-office-4-billion-1202541885/

tracking-board.com/labor-day-weekend-ends-a-terrible-summer-at-an-all-time-low/

Other urls found in this thread:

la.curbed.com/2016/8/29/12700596/scientology-hollywood-studio-tv-channel-property
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Good.

If you concider inflation, things are tremendously worse than in 2006.
Probably the worst year in decades.

I wish it would all come crashing down

We've had this thread already, multiple times.

Same

The movie industry needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, that's its only chance at this point

i dont care. i dont see every fucking thread on this board. calm down.

the goyim aren't purchasing our $50 tickets and $150 popcorn! this is the holocaust all over again!

5th highest grossing of the year is from china 800m alone

Pffft HAHAHAHA
*breathes in*
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

>$1.2b for Fast 8

I know I'm part of the problem because I was dragged to see it by my family, but holy shit I wish they would have stopped after 5.

They'll start making money again once pic relates gains popularity.

China just pockets around 70% of that money too.

How much they lost exactly?

Only movie I saw this summer was War for the Planet of the Apes, nothing else seemed interesting in the slightest.
What a garbage year for movies.

>wolf warrior 2
>$2.5

I know its millions but the idea of a movie making $2.50 domestic and 800m in china is hilarious.

I honestly think it's too late user.
People would rather wait 5-6 weeks for the digital release.

>unadjusted for inflation
>still loses

Jesus christ

Pretty soon movies will be like video games and only for richfags, reviewers or streamers, and people will live vicariously through them on Twitch as they watch the movie

>Theaters are now filled with niggers who go to see every movie every month, sometimes twice, to get they money's worth

yea I'll stay home.

>a shitty live action remake of an animated film is still the top grossing film of the year
The state of this fucking industry man

superhero movies, certain action movies, and animation are the only thing propping up Hollywood right now. People WILL jump off superhero movies in the next 2 years and there will be some more dark years of Hollywood execs throwing everything at the wall before somebody remembers to just split $150 million amongst multiple directors and see what sticks.

>ticket sales are through the roof!
>theaters shutter left and right

????

It's a Chink film.

... ya know, its been a really long time since I've thanked a captain obvious.

Thanks captain obvious.

>People WILL jump off superhero movies in the next 2 years
*any day now*

no shit

would the fate of the furious been a bomb without china?

Can't you buy them from the fleamarket?

You can see the Marvel fatigue with how their films this year underperformed. DC is dependent on whether or not Justice League is a total disaster.

Eh, once marvel ran out of scripts written before the buyout, the quality dropped massively. Just going to take a fewmore shitfests like GotG2 and avengers2 before the MCU folds.

>WHY DIDN'T A CHINK FILM MAKE MORE SHEKELS IN BURGERLAND?????
Was that what you said?

literally the only movies i watched this summer was baby driver and cgi monkeys

it made almost 400m in china so around like 800m

twitch streamers? yea, sometimes.

>You can see the Marvel fatigue with how their films this year underperformed

Two of the top 3 grossing films were Marvel films.

No. Not in any way, shape, or form.

no i was just simply pointing out that the 5th highest grossing movie of the year is foreign and made 800m alone in one country i dont care that it made little money here in the US

Why is America so racist to the Chinese?

Ahh, ok.

I can just buy a movie from the fleamarket for a dollar.

Sounds like you're describing the next golden age of piracy.

The fist watchable movie on that list is GotG2 and it was still pretty bad. Everything above that is abysmal

The state of Hollywood circa 2017 ladies and gentlemen

>GOTG2 only made a bit more than its predecessor
>Homecoming barely made more than ASM2

Just in time for them to steal everybody's money with Avengers 3 and 4 before leaving the carcass for WB/DC and Universal to resuscitate. Sony is a non-factor and Paramount needs a break badly.

After all those horrid spiderman movies, homecoming could've given entire audiences orgasms and people would be skeptical.

Insecurity

He's saying that if it was just Marvel fatigue you'd see those ticket sales being displaced into other films. That the entire box office bottom line has gone down and that Marvel still manages to hang near the top indicates it's something else.

We need more James Camerons in the world.

This year is one of the worst for movies so this makes sense

>alienate half of the country
>plz see my movies

BTFO

No it isn't, Beauty and the Beast and Furious 7 cucked those "sure billion, 100% guaranteed t. Sup Forums" Marvel flicks

When all the other films look and feel just fucking like marvel films, due to over-test-marketing, that's a bit of a weak argument.

Why are the chinese so hateful against non-chinese?

Because they don't value themselves.

>marvel movies are just like every other movie
This is what mcucks actually believe.

Based Scientology will save cinema
la.curbed.com/2016/8/29/12700596/scientology-hollywood-studio-tv-channel-property

>hes pretending test marketing hasn't become ubiquitous and self-defeating

from another thread, but seems to be related here. Look at Current BO. Americans love only Marvel/DC capeshit, Disney/kids friendly stuff and vehiclular action. Nothing else than these, hit 200 mil (maybe Dunkirk is on a way) and only 7 other movies in whole Year passed 100m.

A shity economy with people unwilling to part with overpriced tickets while also having the relatively cheap ability to watch whatever they want ton the internet is the reason for declining tickets sales. Pure n simple.

Hollywood is going to need to learn to budget more cost effectively if it desires to keep turning profit. Meaning smaller scale movies with tighter laid scripts and planning.

>make way for the XENU cinematic universe!

... I expect quality levels of evangelical christian film.

GOYIM, STOP THIS RIGHT NOW
IT IS THE CURRENT YEAR

But I don't get it. Everything is now focus tested to hell and back, movies budget their reshoots in the main photography production budget because they are all sure they'll have to go through them after focus tests, and 3 out of 4 non capeshit big Hollywood movies still bomb

Why don't they realize that shit isn't working? Jews are supposed to be smart about these things, right?

The money isn't worth it for other types of movies given ticket prices when the movie goes on-demand and DVD in under 3 months. So spectacle movies get all the business, especially when all the kids are out of school. Budgets have gotten completely out hand.

Besides Spiderman and Baby Driver the rest of it was garbage. They predicted this summer would bomb considering that most of the movies this summer were sequels.

That's all they need. Guaranteed they sell the franchise rights off after Infinity War; Some sucker will buy it.
*cough*Sony*cough*

I saw Terminator 2 in 3D today and me and my cousins were literally the only customers in the entire theater

Spider-man was shit, boy.

If they make interesting movies maybe I will go see. Wonder Woman and Baby Driver are the only movies I have seen this year.

They're smart

so why the hypocrisy?
are anglo cuck and jews that retarded?

>i don't get it
>the jews

this is generating a little cognitive dissonance

No one is in control

The economy is in the shitter, half the county isn't going to spend 20 bucks for an hour and half long movie. Especially the garbage coming out now. Every person I know has a jail broken fire stick and they all share one Netflix account.

stop being an obnoxious know it all faggot. do you post this shit in pickle rick thread #124123 or GOT thread #3456474235235234

>A race of plagiarism
>smart

Wow look at me I invented this totally not an iPhone knockoff.

MOICHANDIZING

They'll just scale it back like Disney animation and keep churning shit out, but drop the whole connected universe shit in like 2021.

Maybe they should make some movies worth watching.

It's already in progress tbqh. I think it will take more than 2 years for us to get out of this, but within a decade i think we'll see a major decline in capeflicks

Ausfag here same thing.

Movies are dead I went a couple of times last month and every time it's empty apart from 1-3 other people.

Same with every theatre I've been in since 2010 come to think of it.

Quickly going the way of video arcades, internet cafes and other outdated shit

Hollywood is making trash. They are taking no risks and people are going to the cinema less as a result.

you're a downright bloody cunt, mate. a real dropkick. a dunny housed cockroach. that's what you are, mate.

the goyim are waking up

>have nothing worth seeing
>Blame pirates

oh look its krager shit posting as per usual. why dont u go start another shit thread no one likes u looser.

>Economy is in the shitter
In America, the only economy that matters, it's great.

I bet you post that beta cringe pickle bullshit too

I stopped paying for anything because of all the brownwashing and the anti-white anti-male SJW agenda they constantly push. They won't get another penny from me.

What about Dunkirk?

Unironically this

Knowing that the country eventually gets overrun by Muslims in a few decades ruins the movie.

>in a few decades

>Hollywood plummeting
>MTV plummeting
>WWE plummeting
What a good day to wake up to. Next thing I would like to see dying is FIFA, but soccer fans need their drug despite the obvious corruption and human slavery, so I don't really have high hope for that.

Exactly. Knowing that as old men they realize that the thing they fought for was a caliphate ruins the whole movie.

The last four movies I've gone to see in the theater are TFA, hateful eight, baby driver and arrival (not in that order)

4 movies over what? two years? I missed a few kinos and going to TFA was a mistake but overall there just isn't enough reason to go. unfortunately patricians like me will never be the primary customer.

Sup Forums has been hoping for a video game crash for ten years and it's still nowhere near, expect things to get MUCH worse before any hope of a crash seems realistic.

>paying more than a blu-ray for a sub-par experience

Wow.

its made by nolan. if there is one thing I can't abide bu besides equal treatment for brown people its hackery

It needs to go back to being merit-based, but that won't happen so it's finished.

>The Fate of the Furious
Oh just give it a rest already.

Good to see Wind River holding up.

>mfw I live in a shithole so I get to see IMAX releases in empty theaters on day one for $4