Now that everyone's saying it's a great movie and that it's pretty crazy, why didn't they let Fukunaga direct...

Now that everyone's saying it's a great movie and that it's pretty crazy, why didn't they let Fukunaga direct ? What kind of bizarre shit was he going to pull ?

Other urls found in this thread:

sendspace.com/file/8xxtpu
youtube.com/watch?v=yOz8k_LRHMw
youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tentacle monster as the ultimate form of Pennywise if I recall, nothing really special.

he wanted to change the plot and the script deviated too fucking much from the book

bev was supposed to play pennerwus

[obligatory]Penny is cute and I want to fuck him[/obligatory]

Nicole Kidman is starting to look old.

Shit, but that's nothing tho, my guess was that the studio didn't want it to be too artsy

>fatty's jaw/chin
He just has to spend a year lifting and he will be the ultimate Chad

My guess is he wanted to preserve the original framework of the Losers as adults getting their phone calls and flashbacks, but that meant doubling the cast -with better known/paid actors to boot-, so he walked away when the producers pushed for a self contained first movie with only the kids and "seeing how that goes"

Or maybe he wanted to film that one scene and they wouldn't let him, who knows.

Just read it and you will see how shitty it was.

sendspace.com/file/8xxtpu

the rest can go either way tho

I read somewhere he had a scene of a guy fucking a dog or some weird shit like that that wasn't in the book. He also supposedly tried to have more sexual situations with Bev like with her father being a creep. Don't know if it's true but that's what I read

that's still 90% of what is getting released next week. they only hired the annabelle writer to do a final polish and then filmed it

Nope, according to his script the story is still told chronologically

>Now that everyone's saying it's a great movie and that it's pretty crazy

IS THIS THE LATEST SHILLSPEAK

SOUND LIKE YOUR SELLING USED CARS

I heard that it was because this this new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster we've seen in years. Literally years. There's two scenes in this movie that absolutely sent shivers down my spine. First when Pennywise possesses the slideshow and we finally get to see his very creepy and mental face in the final scene. What a build-up! I nearly pissed myself.

The other one is in the basement, first we see the excellent performance by Georgie's actor. You'll float too never has sounded more epically scary. And then Pennywise rises from the waters. I jumped in my chair and still do when watching this. I can tell I will be on the edge of my seat in theatres this september.

Oh boy! Do you think 3 viewings will be enough to properly absorb the filmic breadth of the experience?

>why didn't they let Fukunaga direct ?
He wanted Bev to be a real tomboy and have real short hair which wouldn't have fit her character

>IS THIS THE LATEST SHILLSPEAK
Look at IMDB. It's got such a high score. A lot of people who have seen it are liking it

Take your autism and/or schizophrenia pills

This scene does look creepy

2 TYPES SHILL FOR THIS MOVIE

ACTUAL SHILLS AND FAGGOTS WHO WANT TO FUCK THE KIDS

How long after it's released until it's a total meme fest and given due for being a good horror movie?

Then how long till it's called pleb shit?

Then how long after that does it get brought up as a good horror movie compared to newer horror movies that will be called pleb shit on here?

Not only the direction changed, the whole screenplay did; his screenplay seemed more mature, had a lot of changes but still had the tone of the book.

Kubrick did the same and it was a masterpiece.

This is a good reason, the new movie is going to be mainstream as fuck, they want to gain as most audience as they can, and trust me, it's going to be a box office success, one of the most successful of the year, but because of the mainstreamness, if Fukanaga have been aproved to do it it wouldn't have the same box office success, and the average public would have been like: "That was boring as fuck dude xD"

>they only hired the annabele writer to do a final polish
Oops, wrong choice there

You're going to laugh your ass off, fucking pussy

That's how the new Beverly looks like...

>How long after it's released until it's a total meme fest and given due for being a good horror movie?
When the first korean rip drops and memesters can make cherrypicked webms
>Then how long till it's called pleb shit?
When it gets a 95-100% RT score
>Then how long after that does it get brought up as a good horror movie compared to newer horror movies that will be called pleb shit on here?
When a new horror movie comes out and gets acclaim

>Kubrick did the same
and so did the original IT adaptation team

Am I supposed to take my hawk with me to this movie? I don't want my hawk to be scared too much.

Yes, but this new movie is not made by a genious like Kubrick, but by a guy who said "Pennywise" instead of "action" during the filming, ugh...

Every time makes me want to pinch his cheeks and ruffle his hair. Why the fuck is he so cute. Fucking why.

OH WAH AH AH AH

What are you talking about, faggot? He has a punchable face

why did they rip-off Johnny Depp?

here comes that dance

>Hatter's eyes in the movie also change color when he gets angry
Maybe it's actually the makers of AiW who stole this shtick from the book?

>drooling
always gets me.

Because he wanted to change all the character names, also there was a scene with the main bully fucking a sheep and ejaculating on a birthday cake

Fukunaga´s script was bad, Pennywise didn´t even had the shapeshifting abilities

>clears throat...

He doesn't shapeshift in this movie either.

>implying a faggot werespider is better

Yes, he does, there´s the leper for Eddie, little zombie kids for Patrick, etc. Also you can see in the trailer one of his hands shapeshifting into a claw

Guys, I...

>also there was a scene with the main bully fucking a sheep and ejaculating on a birthday cake

sounds like typical king fare

where's the orgy scene?

Joe Rogan was supposed to play Pennywise but when filming began he was too busy jacking off to dicks and feet.

Those are actually minions of Pennywise. And the claw isn't really shapeshifting. A cat doesn't shapeshift when it takes it claws out.

youtube.com/watch?v=yOz8k_LRHMw

thoughts?

>bully fucking a sheep and ejaculating on a birthday cake
>sounds like typical king fare
Holy fuck, I never read a single King's book, is this the actual stuff he writes? That's fucking hilarious.

what u mean he doesn't shapeshift? i hope he does and what u mean minions? Pennywise doesnt have minions in book

>is this the actual stuff he writes?
Yes. There is also a scene where 2 teen boys give each other a wank off before one tries to put his friend's dick in his mouth but guy says "I AM NOT GAY FAGGOT" and storms off

>his screenplay seemed more mature, had a lot of changes but still had the tone of the book.
What was more mature about it? We've already discussed his 2014 and his 2015 script to death so why lie to us? Was making Bev's dad make a blood oath with IT to molest his daughter really mature? Was IT being a fisherman telling Ben to fucking kill himself like the fat faggot he is really mature? If you've read IT none of these scripts should dazzle you.

nah her hair isn't as short as it was planned to be

>Was making Bev's dad make a blood oath with IT to molest his daughter really mature? Was IT being a fisherman telling Ben to fucking kill himself like the fat faggot he is really mature?
This sounds like the book so this should have all been kept in

Let's be real here: it's going to drop to a 7 the first week after release.

I doubt it. This reviewer is making me wanna see it due to him explaining how it isn't just a jump scare movie and that it supposedly sticks very close to book THAT I HOPE IT DOES

what will they use as a placeholder for 'that' scene?

>scene with the main bully fucking a sheep and ejaculating on a birthday cake
I've read 3 leaked scripts and haven't seen this.

Maybe in the second movie he will shapeshift but he doesn't in this. Pennywise's minions are sort of like him but not as strong, he sends them out to do minor jobs like scare Patrick etc because Pennywise is all focused on the loser's club, especially Bev because Bev has one thing he has never encountered before - she isn't afraid of Pennywise.

IT the novel has jumpscares. Stop being a liberal fedora faggot. The IT movie has jumpscares too. I don't know what liberal middleschooler told you otherwise but King doesn't do subtle horror.

Im reading the script now
Its pretty brazy cuz It is just in the kids houses and likes fucking with them to scare them so they taste better and he can overpower them (since It is actually really weak unless they're afraid).

Like It just goes into their house and like into their bedrooms and trolls them all day. Like in that scene he has his brothers corpse and then he floods the basement and makes Will go into the basement and then he sock puppets the bros body and then jumps out like OOOGA BOOGA BOOGA STOOPID DOG and then Will runs away all scare and thats the whole point. sick sadistic childish shit to scare a child that the clown guy actually enjoys doing. hes like that tails gets trolled comic where bugs bunny acts all gay and retarded

Dude the novel doesnt hav jumpscares. Thats what made it scary when i read it like when the boy is trapped in dark and It is slowly creeping up on him or when one is looking in distance and sees It just standing there creepily

how can a novel have jumpscares?
>and then pennywise jumped in front of them and screamed OH WAH AH AH AH
oh god that part took me so by surprise when I reddit I jumped in my chair

Yeah and now King is getting the rights to all his books back because he doesn't want that shit to happen anymore.

Yes "dude" the novel is full of jumpscares. Tons of shit like "AND THEN PENNYWISE POPPED UP IN MY PICTUREBOOK WITH BLACK HOLES FOR EYES AND A BLOODY MOUTH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" or "AND THEN IT POPPED OUT AS A WEREWOLF WITH A LETTERMAN'S JACKET AAAAAAAAAAAAH A MONSTER IS TRYING TO KILL US AAAAAAAAAAAAH"

I think it's pretty intense but someone like you who hates jumpscares should hate the novel.

Would've preferred to be surprised by this scene rather than have them play it in all the trailers.

This scene is just the start of a longer one, this is from the trailer and this scene, like many others, are heavily edited.

/ourguys/

The details of the scene were released months ago. Pennywise comes out of the projection while making animal noises. The internet will hate this Jared Leto performance.

>fukunaga
fuck off weeb

actually his surname is Nagasaki.

damn, he looks so doll-like and pretty.

Calm down

you write like a bona fide retard
ive never seen someone use the word 'like' so frequently. sweet mother of christ
im genuinely surprised you can read
fucking mongoloid

>He wants an American director instead of a Japanese one
Considering how bad movies have been nowadays, I think more Japanese directors would sort things out. Remember when they let a Japanese man make the 2004 movie Saw and it blew everyone away?

yeah, as if Penny's design isn't weeaboo enough yet not that I don't like it

The director Muschietti isn't American. Also IT has a jap cinematographer.

inb4 some capeshit lover tells me cinematographers do not matter

>inb4 some capeshit lover tells me cinematographers do not matter
But they do. Same guy who did the cinematography for BvS also did Kong: Skull Island and right at the beginning of Skull Island there was a very similar close up slow motion shot that reminded me of beginning of BvS

>non-american director
>asian cinematographer
Shit, should I go see this after all?

What's the deal with Japanese making monsters cute looking or shall I say kawaii?

tfw no orgy scene

if this was european she would have at least got a nude scene

>Shit, should I go see this after all?
Yes. Turns out the stuff in the trailer has been drastically edited and all the black stuff that comes out from the sink is actually blood in the movie (cos on the interviews they mention lots of blood coming out of the sink and there is also lot of scenes with Bev and her father and even a young kid who apparently hangs himself or the losers club stumble across someone who killed himself? idk this is all coming from interviews when Finn accidentally leaked some info).

Sounds like this should be a present surprise

holy shit you guys annoys me when that is all you care about. What about the scene when the Bully opens the fridge where he keeps all his dead animals and leeches jump out and drain his blood as It then drags him away and begins eating him while he is still alive?

>tfw

How much Vore is going to be in the movie?

>why didn't they let Fukunaga direct ?
the fuck? i thought this whole time he was still the director.
that was literally the only reason i'd even bother checking it out.

You're autistic I'm screen shooting this and making a thread about this when the movie comes out to show off your stupidity

>What kind of bizarre shit was he going to pull ?

It wasn't that his script was too intense, he just wanted to make all kinds of retarded arbitrary changes, like setting it in New York City, that probably would have been too costly to film. Also would have alienated fans of the book.

youtube.com/watch?v=wmin5WkOuPw

I'm reading the novel now, almost finished at 900+ pages in. Pretty good read senpai, and if the movie is anything like it I'm hopeful. Really hope they keep the scene where bev is hiding from the bullies while trying not to pee herself and watches them light each other's farts on fire and jerk each other off while she stares at their dicks. Pure King kino.

does she get hard watching their dicks?

i know right?
Im reading the novel right now
Its pretty brazy cuz It is just in the kids houses and likes fucking with them to scare them so they taste better and he can overpower them (since It is actually really weak unless they're afraid).

Like It just goes into their house and like into their bedrooms and trolls them all day. Like in that scene he has his brothers corpse and then he floods the basement and makes Will go into the basement and then he sock puppets the bros body and then jumps out like OOOGA BOOGA BOOGA STOOPID DOG and then Will runs away all scare and thats the whole point. sick sadistic childish shit to scare a child that the clown guy actually enjoys doing. hes like that tails gets trolled comic where bugs bunny acts all gay and retarded

>From the director of Mama

that doesn't make me very confident desu

imagine

Go float yourself, loser.

>900 pages of King
Christ
Schopy was right, what a fucking waste