What the hell went wrong?

We had lots of comfy threads talking about first two when they came out, but apparently no one even wants to talk about this one... it was that bad?

i honestly can't tell these movies apart

Let my people go.

no, we had discussions

feels were had but the trilogy's done

>War
>just a prison escape movie

TV
LIKE SHITPOST
MORE THAN MEMES

There were a lot of threads when it came out.

>two hours of apes grunting at each other during a predictable prison escape "comedy" sequence in which the apes need to get away from the big bad humans who are using them as slave labour to build a wooden wall to defend against tanks and helicopters

It tried WAY to hard to be dramatic when the audience just wanted to see monkeys fighting humans in a huge War

It was a good ending. There's not really anything else to say about it.

What I am surprised about is how it made half the money the last movie made.

It wasn't bad, it just didn't have a lot to interest Sup Forums. Just a decent, not mind-blowing end to a decent trilogy. Not too much to say.

The jews finally realized the series was an allegory about how the world tolerates them despite unfair treatment up to a certain point where they push too far and they get wiped out.

It was actually good. It was the best one of these movies by far, I didn't even like the other two and I really enjoyed this one. Also the CGI of the apes faces was superb.

I didn't even get mad at every single evil character being a white male, or having white males chewing tobacco with southern accents beating black-furred apes with belts calling them donkey because that's just standard playbook at this point and you can't see any movie without having to endure that or worse.

The Book of Exodus, now with apes!

Call 1999546646306 now to APE-IFY YOUR story, today!

CGI was maybe the best I have ever seen. Miles ahead of other movies that came out in the same year. It will probably win no awards, though.

Shut up stupid nigger nothing will top the original series

stupid reductionist-poster

its too silly to take seriously

It really was a little less realistic than the others. I wish we had seen a major loss for the Apes, like a major character dying maybe before the last scene. I wish it had been more desperate and less Deus-ex-machina.

ape holocaust scene was done pretty well desu

>TOXIC WHITE MALES BURIED BY AN AVALANCHE OF WHITE SNOW

BRAVO MATT

saw the first on blu ray couple years ago and was very very pleasantly surprised, got hyped for the 2nd one and saw it first day, loved it

from the first trailer for the finale i didn't care anymore, it wasn't what i expected and i was disappointed at the blatant and already exhausting political dog whistling, not to mention it looks as if it takes place on one cheap snowy set piece

probably won't ever see it

There's a difference?

Everyone's a fucking memester now.

Not really
>it just didn't have a lot to interest Sup Forums.
>one of the main characters is a little girl

come on now

The first half was amazing.

The second half is just some poorly written liberal garbage about white men oppressing da apes and we get some shitty Prison Break film when the title of the film promised some sort of, you know, war.

If the second half kept the momentum of the first one, revenge-driven Ceasar traversing dangerous territory to exact his vengeance, it would've been a much better film. But instead they settled for some boring escape film instead. Also Reeves needs to tone down his melodrama.

Thought for sure they were killing off Rocket there but they pussied out for some reason

seriously, how safe did they play this movie? I think we all expected maurice to bite the dust.

>But instead they settled for some boring escape film instead

WELL CONGRATULATIONS YOU GOT YOURSELF CAUGHT, NOW WHATS THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTER PLAN

I laughed out loud in the theatre when the avalance killed all the soldiers. Such a fucking cop out.

CRASHING THIS AVALANCHE

This the fighting scenes were pretty dope especially the one at the beginning.

WITH TOTAL CASUALTIES

BET THOSE GUYS IN THE TANKS COULD JUST DRIVE OUT OF THE SNOW AND MOW DOWN ALL THE MONKEYS

legit terrible movie
t. someone who loved the first two

then it would truly be a war for the planet of the apes