Why are cigarettes legal?

Why are cigarettes legal?

The surgeon general confirmed decades ago that it leads to cancer?

Why is this product allowed to be sold to the public?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3P2HSLkgjbI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What does the surgeon general even do?

Because a man should be free to smoke if they want. Same with alcohol and what not.

He's in charge of each and every U.S. combat medic.

Any number of reasons. declaring them illegal now would create an issue of mental and physical dependence on nicotine by current users that would need a government led program to address. Cigarette companies could be putting large sums of money into pockets of government officials that decide it (or close to their pockets).
It could even be that it's "by choice" and that with all the negative advertising you have potential new smokers properly educated on the effects of smoking so they can make an informed decision on whether they want to or not.
I don't know about the USA but on Canada it is mandatory to have some pretty nasty facts about smoking directly on the boxes about cancer and whatnot.

Here's my issue, why is weed illegal then?

It's less harmful and addictive than cigarettes?

Why is walking around outside without sufficient Sunscreen legal?

The surgeon general confirmed decades ago that the suns rays lead to cancer?

Why are people allowed to legally cause harm to themselves?

Dude if we banned everything that was bad for you then the only drink you would be allowed is water and you wouldn't own a car. Life is more then survival, and the government shouldn't have any business in telling people they can't do something that only harms themselves

you're not living in meritocracy, weed is illegal because of social stigma

Why is pop legal? Is been proven to cause diabetes, weight gain, and cancer.

The world may never know..

money

there is a surgeon general's warning on every tobacco product legally sold in the US. OP is just a faggot who doesn't understand the value of freedom to make a choice that could be good or bad for you.

Tell me this: Nearly one-third of Japanese men smoke and that country has extremely loose smoking laws. Up until like five years ago, there weren't even non-smoking sections in restaurants, any adult could smoke anywhere basically.

Yet somewhere they're not all dead or dying of lung cancer, indeed their life expectancy is sky-high.

money.

Weed being illegal and people actually getting arrests records for having it is a fucking tragedy. I used to be pretty anti weed, tried it a few times in high school didn't really like it compared to drinking. Now in my mid 20's gave e drug a second try. Its a fun little drug that takes the edge off and the next day you don't feel like shit, that's it. As long as you don't abuse it there is literally nothing wrong with smoking a joint a couple of nights a week. Its a fucking shame the cops still look for it.

Really made me think

The population of Japan was wiped out in 1945 you dumb fuck. They're not even old enough to have data for your claim until 2045

Fucking without a condom can give you all sorts of nasty shit, including cancer, and it's not illegal.

ssshhhh liberals think they know something. they dont even know breathing oxygen creates free radicals which can cause cancer

it was made illegal by the cotton jew back when it was first discovered that hemp was a better production material in every way than cotton by starting rumours that is was the "devil's leaf" and lead to satanism and immorality. of course america being america they ate this up faster than their mid-evening second dinner and hey presto, the jews won, the people were complacent in thinking they were right and everyone who enjoyed the dude weed lmao lost.

Yeah that guy was American, why did most of Europe follow us? I know you brits love your spliffs.

The tobacco Jews can't stand competition and it was never as widely consumed as alcohol for people to care enough about it to go anti-prohibition.
Personally I don't care for the plant but if you want to smoke it then you should if you really want to.

Will you lefty fucks ever stop crying the atomic bombings?

>muh hiroshima
>muh ebil amurrican warplanes

Because the slope is slippery. It's easy to legalize something but intrusive to make it illegal. See the 18th amendment.

Given modern science, the government loosening its grip on the testing of weed would help determine if it is truly worth legalizing.

>Waning: This product MAY cause cancer
As opposed to WILL, it really irritates me

*cotton
OP's pic had me confused

>smoking the toxicjew

eh it was a case of "those guys look like they know what they're doing, they made a firm decision" and then a lot of not caring about it except by the vocal explorers minority who were the ones who noticed that weed was really awesome at making you feel good. amsterdam never gave a fuck though.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

t. just bought a pack of smokes. cant wait to die.

because they will sell them anyway in the black market. Then the taxes will not be there and we would pay for cancer pations out of our own pocket.

>american questioning freedom
nice vpn leaf

The last two people I know who died of cancer never smoked a day in their lives.

BAN THE FUCKING SUN ALREADY

The real vice for the White Man is dip. Not cigs.

It clearly shows what we have all known, the government doesn't have our best interests at heart. They don't really give a fuck about your health. Its not to "protect" you. They don't want you to smoke a joint, they want to pump you full of synthetic heroin in pill form and get you addicted.

If smoking tobacco was discovered today and the health risks were quickly understood, there is no way it would be legal. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot.

>that flag
>pop

what

>implying dip isn't for white niggers

Cigars and cigarettes are the vice of proper white men

>Why are cigarettes legal?

Because the government makes more money from them then the cigarette companies.

Harry Potter is the puff master or was the puff master.

youtu.be/3P2HSLkgjbI

minnesota u dumb mong

Some of us want to die earlier so fuck off

CAPITALISM

U S A
S
A

Next stop, heroin!

We call it pop in Kentucky

True Aryans carry a snuff box

>confirmed
Is that different from proving?
We don;t even want to cure cancer, cancer is why we are here, we are the cancer and earth is our petri dish. I smoke long time but can quit classical nicotine ingestion and go with new age vape ingestion if I want, so now I do both. The cancer can't come soon enough.

cigarettes are medicine yes you can die but if you start smoking when you're 18 you will only feel the symptons of cancer when you're 60, and when you're 60 you will only last at max 40 more years in pain, using diapers and in constant fear of breaking your bones , i rather die young thanks, also cigarettes dont make people retarded or dangerous to society like harder drugs such as alcohol,weed and crack

Haha I was gonna reply that
I love the medical core