Assigning seating at your local kinoplex. How does Sup Forums feel about it?

Is assigned seating good or bad, Sup Forums?

Do you miss the days of your childhood where seats were first come, first served?

Or do you enjoy being able to reserve a seat?

Tell us your stories.

>pay to see a movie
>be told where to sit

Fuck that noise

You can choose, user

Watch everything online.

You aren't told you pick. Not all of us are fucking losers without jobs. Its a great feature for people that work.

How does Sup Forums sit

>Get the seat you want
>But have to be early and might split your group

Chad but with better posture

I pick my perfect seats with a single click on my computer/phone, come in the theater literally 10 minutes after the official time starts to avoid most of the ads/trailers and go sit in my perfectly placed seats without any waiting in any lines whatsoever.

Only degenerate ameritards complain about assigned seats.

It's awesome. When you buy your ticket there's a touch screen that shows all of the seating in the theater and which seats are available. You tap the seats you want and can take your time getting in there without worrying about getting good spot. If someone's in your seat you can legally kill them.

I literally cant think of a single reason why somebody would prefer non reserved seats.

My local kinoplex still has first come first serve seating. I like it.

What do you do when a film you are excited about get's released then? Get an hour or two earlier so you get good seats? Run and wrestle with other viewers once the theatre is open?
I just don't understand it, why would you like it?

>"TO THE POPCORN MINES YOU GO,PLEBIAN!"

God Bless America.

I wish the killing part were true

I typically wait until the 2nd or 3rd weekend to see blockbusters so as to avoid full theaters.

If my friends want to see a film first weekend we just get there like 15-20 minutes before the advertised showtime and good seats are still available.

You're european aren't you? You don't have to get there that early and no one is fucking wrestling. It punishes people who are tardy.

How is showing up whhen the movie starts being tardy? I paid to watch a movie, not sit through 30 minutes of pre-movie ads and trailers just so I can be 15 minutes early for a decent seat. I don't even enter the theater until 15 minutes after posted time so I know most of the trailers are over.

But why would you like or prefer it that way?
Really, why?

my cinema just got assigned seating.

no one sits where they are supposed to.

There are plenty of reasons. Sometimes I'll see a film on a whim. Sometimes I'm torn between films and I make my final decision just before the box office. With seat reservations I would have to plan my trips to the kinoplex way ahead of time.

I like that buying a ticket is as simple as asking the kinoplex employee for one and giving them money. I don't have to go online, enter payment information, reserve a seat, print out a ticket or open an app to get it. It's easier and less time consuming.

>I don't have to go online, enter payment information, reserve a seat, print out a ticket or open an app to get it.
But you don't have to do either of those things with assigned seating?
You can also just ask the kinoplex employee for one ticket, and the employee will show you which seats are available right there and you pick where you would like to sit.
Also when you reserve seats online you don't need no "payment information", no credit card, no printing, no app, you just get a web code which you tell the employee at the register and that's it.

When the theaters here switched to assigned seating they switched the seats to big comfy recliners. Of course i love it.

Honestly anything that stopped the "dude you can't sit there can't you see the coat, its saved for my friend who's gonna show up 20 minutes into the movie" is a godsend. the 2 people who sit 8 chairs apart then tell anyone who gets near one of the empty seats sorry that ones saved fuckers were annoying too