Gods of Egypt is fucking awesome

Gods of Egypt is fucking awesome

>visually creative, like Harryhausen with modern technology
>Jamie Lannister as a giant god
>Leonidas chewing scenery
>giant worm from outer space tries to eat the flat Earth but is defeated every night by a laser-spear wielding Ra who sails a boat around said flat Earth dragging the sun behind it
>feel-good themes and story

It even had good 3D. Y'all niggas missed out on this gem. Haven't seen anything as confident in its batshit insane creativity since Speed Racer. Bless the madmen who funded this and allowed Proyas total control.

WE

HE'S A BIG GUY

Settings and visuals were great, shame about the lead actors (girl was qt though) and the God-Transformers

I unironically liked the movie.

seen this. as almost everything egypt themed, but it was big letdown
even Mummy (2017) with Set mistaken as god of death, was more enjoyable for me... probably coz of gothic horror style it TRIED to do...but ruined by humour and mess overal... but still
seems like hollyjewd never gets anything egypt-related right

>and the God-Transformers

Honestly the film was surprisingly watchable.

Not sure why critics hated it desu. It was fun.

Is it worth downloading or is it just another Sup Forums shitpost praising aspects critics didnt mention and ignoring said criticisms? Ive been fooled into downloading blu ray rips of panned movies before and it eneded up being a colossal waste of god damn time. Is the plot and characters good?

Is that actually from the movie? Looks awful.

That's from the stargate movie you retard.

are you kidding now?

THATS FROM STARGATE AKA THE BEST KANGZ MOVIE EVER MADE

THE EFFECTS ARE 90S DATED BUT IT DOESN'T DETRACT FROM ANYTHING

It's a waste. This is just another example of Sup Forums's eternal contrarianism.

If you like The Mummy with Brendan Fraser you'll like Gods of Egypt
It's from the Stargate movie, 1994.

Kek

It's a shitty gif from google because i have no webm of it.

The human leads were still awful

Thank you. BTW I havent seen the Mummy since it was new so I have no idea if that means its good.

No. The entire movie is trash top to bottom. Basically capeshit with a few adjustments to somewhat make it work for ancient Egypt. Bad CGI, lame plot, terrible acting etc.

Don't listen to this retard , The Mummy is miles above this lazy cash grab.

Stop pretending these irredeemably shitty movies are good

Because it only has one kang and because it's weird.
Weird doesn't automatically mean bad, but normies would rather reject it than accept it on its own merits.

no, story was dull. Set taking over earthlings throne, enslaving human. 1 guy allies with horus to defeat him. CGI-shitfest on avangers level, without avengers fun. Geoffrey Rush as god of Sun steals movie, although his role is comparable to Vader in R1.

Brendan's Mummy is far above this shit... even Cruise Mummy is superior. at least got some sensible romantic plot, ruined by mess and humour

I watched this last night and it was fucking horrible.
>visuals were sexy and cool as fuck but the CGI was inexplicably terrible, like holy fuck it looked like dated CGI from the 2000s, it still astounds me how a 100 million dollar budgeted 2017 Hollywood movie has this obviously noticeable CGI
>the gods being giants was a major part of it and they couldn't do the giant effect worth shit. Fellowship of the Ring came out SIXTEEN fucking years ago and it did it better
>the script, the pacing, and the acting from great actors was all fucking horrible
>after Apophis consumed half the Nile he's defeated in literally 5 seconds by Ra being reawakened, zooming over to him, and blasting him with a fireball a couple of times.
>literally five seconds
>the characterization is all fucked up. One second Hathor is literally trying to mind control a guy to grab her some water and then the next is super concerned for him because he's in love with a dead girl
>the fucking god-transformers
>is Bek or Horus the protagonist? Are they both protagonists? Bek is useless after the first 30 minutes and has no traits other than roguishness and oneitis
>Barbossa is Ra and his god-transformer form is just getting bigger and more fiery. The director apparently forgets to tell him to act decently
>Horus at half his power is somehow able to defeat the mega-god who defeated fucking Ra and took his power
But really though, the visuals were fucking cool.
It's pretty bad. You might find it entertaining if you like movies like this.

It was delightfully terrible.

Worth it for pretty amazing scenery (the Ra spaceship was cool as fuck) and Geoffrey Rush reaching new levels of phoning it in. Everything else was garbage tho