Can Sup Forums help me get a job or find a career path to go down?

Can Sup Forums help me get a job or find a career path to go down?

I'm 25 and I have zero references to put on a resume. I left school at around 16, in grade 10 for a traineeship (where you are trained under someone to gain a specific qualification and access to other jobs in that field) but I was removed after 8 months under false pretenses and it turned out after speaking to other people the employer had done this to 4 others before me because in Australia the employer was given free fuel and other benefits for taking on traineeships, but these benefits only lasted the first year. So he would take on someone, then fire them, hire someone new and repeat to try use the system.

After that I worked a couple manual labor jobs that were only temporary positions. I studied and gained some business certificates and what not, but this didn't really help gain me access to anything.

I then developed medical problems at around 20 which had prevented me from working for the last 5 years. I finally am able to work again and feel up to it but I have zero recent experience and zero references (you have to use previous employer).

What am I supposed to do?
Where do I go from here?

I've looked at job sites for the last couple weeks and everything I come across requires previous experience. Even low tier jobs like "cleaner" require you to have previous employment in cleaning.

Appreticeships and traineeships are rare to find on job websites and when I do find them, I'm stuck with the fact I don't have a resume. Even if I wrote out a resume it would basically be blank because of no recent experience and no references for them to call.

I always wanted to be successful so this is kind of extremely depressing.

Another thing I'm always drawn to, or typically interested in jobs that tend to help people or society. For example - Medical fields, paramedic, pharmacist, law enforcement, firefighter, etc.
Not sure why.

Any advice Sup Forums?

go door to door in a commercial area
wear a nice shirt, some dress pants
give the manager a firm handshake as you look him in the eye
offer to work as an unpaid intern for the first 2 weeks to show your dedication

become a male stripper m8

Ha.
I don't have the body for it anymore. Funnily enough years ago I used to actually be very fit and abs showing year round. Nowadays, not so much.

Thank you.
I've been thinking about doing something like that as a last resort too.

you can always apply to things you're not totally qualified for, if you're lucky no one else applied and they're desperate, worst that can happen is they don't respond

The whole "MUST HAVE X AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE" always puts me off. It's literally on every single job posted, nearly.

I recently joined the ROTC to help me pay for college and get a good job down the road. Have you ever considered enlisting? The military life can provide structure and direction for those of us who have none.

Unfortunately joining things like the military, etc isn't as easy in Australia as it is in the US.

I've thought about trying to join something like the Airforce Defense Guard as I live sort of closer to an airbase or a military police their position, something like that but they require you to have a full license for at least 12 months (in Australia you have to pass learners, then p1, then p2 then you get full all up this takes about 8 years) for manual (stick) car license. Right now I have p2 license for automatic. I'd need to transfer my license over to manual and still have to wait 2 years before I could apply.

Also at this point right now I wouldn't pass the fitness tests either (though I have recently started up routines again).

Oh, also forgot to mention even if you meet all the requirements you have to attend a job interview and a second interview with the military, not everyone gets in easily.

Lie on applications.

No one will hire you if you tell them you haven't worked in half a decade.

Write down a company/store/resturant whatever and put down the phone number of a friend/family member. The places dont even really have to exist. Just put their address down as somewhere pretty far away from the place you're applying.

Try and be socialable in the interview. Dress nice, look them in the eye. If they ask you a question try not to look away as you think of the answer.

It may not feel right to lie but if you are going to work hard and are willing to learn, I don't see the problem.

Get a security licence.

Pays pretty decently, and even just as a bouncer the job is pretty easy - the pay is because that 0.1% of your work can be pretty fucked

How long does it take for a security license and what does it require if you know off hand?

Find somewhere and volunteer goddamnit

Do you have an example? That wouldn't get me money.

Especially if I volunteered as a firefighter or something.

Or are you suggesting to try intern somewhere?

bump
pic unrelated

I volunteer at a nature center. I have been there a year and a half. I love the place and they have offered me an okay paying job with benefits. Find a place you are happy to give your time freely to. It's better than sitting around and doing absolutely nothing and then crying about it. Plus it would look good on a job application to show that something interesting. And yes if you can't find anything else do an internship

Go to Germany and steal cd players from cars or smuggle stolen engines to E.Europe.

Typical millennial faggot
You think you are entitled to a top tier job over other people who put the effort into building real careers.
Mcdonalds are hiring

Top tier? I clearly stated that "even cleaner and other lower tier jobs require experience" implying I would apply for those.

Military you pussy

see
So what do?

Volunteering is your best bet.
Or do what I did and get a job in marketing and advertising. As long as you are not a retard you can just build up a portfolio of work doing voluntary and freelance for a month, then use it to get an entry level marcomms job.

I'm now a marketing manager with no relevant degree or quals. Just work hard and learn how to convince others you know what you are doing.

Go to open colleges. Pick a course. Get government to pay for it. Finish course. Get a job.

>unpaid work
dont be a nigger

Should've stayed in school faggot

As others are recommending, start working somewhere for free.

I did barbacking at the age of 20 for free in exchange for learning the ropes of bartending. After 5 months they upgraded me to bartender and started paying me. I did have to face a lot of rejection before this one place let me barback, though. You're gonna get rejected. A lot. Just keep trying, it's a numbers game.

Learn a new language I started learning French in 2014 with no prior knowledge and invested all my free time into that. One year later I got my B2 level certificate and I'm working as a translator now. Job is absolutely chill - noone can even examine my work since noone at my company speaks French and they literally told that they are just placing their trust on my certificate.

Live innawoods.

It's what I'm about to do.

This pic needs to be dropped. Eastern Girls are not guileful or entitled. They are attentive, considerate, compassionate and loving.

What course would you recommend?
There isn't many fields that gain you a job as soon as you get the qualification unless its something medical and that takes a lot more then free courses (it takes university).

In Australia you aren't allowed to work with open alcohol at all unless you have a qualification as far as I've learned.

Bump

Shit user, I have a similar situation. Long-standing medical issue that set my life back several years, or so I tell myself.
Ended up going to work for a church elder and family friend who was okay with me taking off whenever things get bad. It's still too physical, but it's worth it for a couple reasons, the main one being that I can listen to audiobooks all day. Also it gives me a chance to be around more go-getters, and it's starting to rub off on me. It's actually true what they say about being the average of your 5 best friends.
Also wanted to be successful and understand those feels.
My advice is that it's really shocking just how easy it seems to get a job as a laborer. So many dishonest shitbags who don't deserve their jobs. Whenever you go up to an employer, impress on him how honest and trustworthy you are. Also learn to talk with employees wherever you go . A lot of people just want a little excuse to tell you their thoughts and opinions on their work, and who knows what it could open up.

I feel like this is pretty fluffy advice, but wanted you to know another user's been there.

Get netbeans or eclipse and start learning programming languages. You do this entirely on youtube. You could even learn front end devolpment in a month or two if you're capable. Start working on a github to show of your work. It supplements a resume. Dev jobs pay titties.

I've done this. Employers are scum. I lied just to get some fucked retail job and a data entry job when I just wanted pocket money because I was studying.

I despise HR and today's employment practices. Back in the old days the manager would give you a quick interview and if he liked the look of you you were in. Now there's all these HR companies just to give chicks with basket weaving degrees jobs. Fuckin shits me bad.

A lot of people I know who have been programming are losing their job to Indians and middle easterns who end up working for companies online doing programming/coding for them.

Thanks for your kind words.
It means something that you actually bother to try to empathize and help.

This is true to some extent. They hack shit out with speed, they generally don't produce quality. There are many companies that want quality. Sounds to me like you aren't wanting to try. Why not try to get into healthcare IT, since you said you want to be in the helping people industry.

>GitHub to show off your work
Not OP, but what stuff is actually impressive to put on there? In a similar boat to OP, but know a reasonable amount of coding (sadly no front-end and my back-end is basic SELECT, INSERT shit) but don't have any cool driver code or Arduino project code handy.

mmm, have you ever tried to be a farmer? Every farm needs 2 hands more

Some options:

1) STEM fields at university. Very risky, but not so bad since you have HECS/HELP.
2) Learn yourself computer programming or networking. Not backbreaking, but doesn't pay very well (unless you are lucky.)
3) Start a farm or business. Risky because requires a large loan and partners.
4) Hard yakka. Good for fitness, outdoors, good pay. Bad for bad weather, ruining your body, intellectually devoid of stimulation.
5) My favourite, a combination of the above.

I've done uni part time; which is good, except it added up a HELP debt. What I am doing now is I've told my employer that I have depression (which is true) so I work 3-4 days a week as a computer programmer. The rest of the time I work with my mate doing bricklaying, which gets me fit and outdoors. Pays better than my desk job, too. Never been happier in my life. Plus, now I live in the country (still near the big smoke, but far away enough for my liking.)

Maybe join a farm could be another option?

Oops, forgot the army. But don't do that because you will be working for the (((man))). If you are into that sort of shit, get a firearms license and go hunting with your mates. This will give you enough skill to operate in a 3-man squad. Perfect for guerrilla warfare.

Do voluntary work.Find an organisation that needs volunteers and contact them. Work plenty of hours and get to know the people. You'll gain some work experience in something, but more importantly you'll gain some references to use for a real job application.

Don't listen to these volunteer work suggesting retards.

Just join up with an employment agency (or three) and get some crap labor job like picking orders in a warehouse. Any idiot can do it. Some places even pay really well, you could be earning $28 ph as a casual.

If I was your age I would join the army, wish I did.

Yeah, a qualification you can do on the internet for like $30 you dumb cunt