What audience did he intend this movie for?

What audience did he intend this movie for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gpLYRS5NYgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

epic scene in an epic movie

Is this actually good or just a meme?

patricians

Kino connoisseurs

PG.

Not his fault you guys are pussies.

Its kino

We even watched it in my college film class

Beautiful scene

Cineastes, aesthetes

>Is this actually good or just a meme?
a movie made for big guys

the pussy rioter crowd

When a mini-dwarf rich kid from Nashville like Harmony Korine flies first class and moves to New York City’s Soho in his ‘plush safe’ apartment, running around town quoting Godard with lines like, "Fuck the bourgeois", it’s insincere, it’s calculated, it’s unoriginal, and it’s the worst thing in the world, ‘trendy’. He already knows that he and his boring girlfriend Connecticut Chloe Sevigny are going to be on the cover of ‘The Face’. He knows he’ll get his run at The Angelica and be hip in Japan. But no one will ever make an important film because they saw ‘Gummo’ or ‘Donkey Boy’.

The only impact Harmony Korine will have will be on the lives of the girls he slipped drugs to, got stoned and raped while they were passed out. An autobiographical scenario he chose to include in his average screenplay ‘Kids.' I’ll fuck your ass Cary Woods.

>Sup Forums might appreciate the aesthetics and general theme but won't truly get it because theyve never experienced it
>normies have experienced it and will truly get it, but won't appreciate the aesthetics or kino aspects

And where do you fall, Anonymous?

Only in America
youtu.be/gpLYRS5NYgY

I'm better than you all

What is there to get? I just assumed it's a very beautiful looking movie about very terrible people. Is there more?

So not 4U?

Not that user but I think in addition to the aesthetic beauty it's a cautionary fables of sorts, an indictment of modern mtv/spring break/degenerate culture and behavior. That's not 'deep' but it does have thematic resonance.

It's very memorable.

That it's deep, no one questioned those values before him, he might have started the alt-right here.

>beautiful images
>terrible people
At least you posted my fav gif of all time. Thanks

It's also about how those people have honour

It's a great pleb filter