What are this movie's strengths?

what are this movie's strengths?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3ENNbC_UmEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the badas robots and the half robot guy are pretty strong i think

Elysium translates to: White people are selfish, evil bastards

let me rephrase, what aspects of the movie "elysium" left a positive impression on you as a viewer of said movie?

the robots were badass and there were cool guns

Its the most accurate depiction of the future by a movie, atleast for those living in one percent land

Pretty much this
The fight scene and the world of the movie is great but everything else is so heavy handed and cliche

I fucking loved sharlto copley tearing up shit with his ridiculous accent

The part where Matt Damon gets cooked in the radiation oven, the part where he gets his exosuit and the final fight scenes are the only good parts

I OLWAYS WUNTED A WAFF

visuals
production design
kruger
music
action

based

can a movie be forgiven for it's narrative faults if it possesses all of these attributes? after all it's meant to be a "fun" movie and not too serious

>when the mercs take over the space station and start randomly blowing shit up and killing everyone

those are special fucking effects

I do find it hilarious that the white people left the entire world to everyone else
and they still lived in a shitter and tried illegal immigrating their asses to the space city. which had to be difficult to build.

commies won in the end though...so great

I wonder how many execution gore videos they had to watch to get this shit so real looking

>implying the hippy commune in space with free medicine wasn't the communists
>implying the working class people that had markets weren't the capitalists
Really radiates your brain cells

Cameron will never get to make a live-action adaptation of Battle Angel Alita because of this. Good riddance.

what kind of hippie commune holds lavish parties where people sip champagne and live in huge mansions?

A fancy one?

>EES YOST A FLECH WOND

Art design

AIGHT THET GRENAIDE

dat fucking soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=3ENNbC_UmEM

Post-scarcity luxury Space Communists, duh

This movie could be really great if not the social message behind it.

I think it's Blompfkamps' most watcheable movie to date. The story was a little generic but it was tonally consistent (which D9 and Chappie lack) and it held my attention. It would've been more memorable if it did a little less overbearing preaching.

cool special effects
excellent to watch whilst high because the plot is simplistic enough to follow no matter what and the atmosphere really knocks your socks off

Great villain
Great action
Good visual effects/designs
Good secondary villains
Clear character motivations
No fat on the plot

It did what it was trying to do - be a fun, by the numbers sci-fi.

no because each of those were okay at best

slow motion and art direction

The South African madman is the only good part of this movie.

>you clear out this whole bolding
what did kruger mean by this

but alita is coming out 2018

What did the white South African director mean by this?

Ones that don't spend their own money

It ends.

FOKIN

>OI WONTED TA 'EEL DA RESHAL TENSHONS, BUT NAO OI'LL MAKE SHORE THE'LL NEVAH BE 'EELED!
Jesus Christ, having to grow up in South Africa must've done a number on him. I applaud Blomkamp for allowing his actors that much creative freedom though.

The only real advantage the elites really have is the hax machine. The subhumans pretty much have the whole planet for themselves. Just pull themselves together and manages the earth resources to bargain with the sensible elites, surely there are one or two. But noooo, lets launch ourselves to outer space instead and take everything instead, fucking greedy bastards

District 9 was better

The costs VS The rewards

Both were overrated post-apartheid guilt trip trash

I liked the part when the white colony got BLACKED.

>attempting to make the argument for a more progressive society

Pretty sure Elysium was a cautionary tale about the dangers of open borders. Blomkamp is to the right of center and he just put in that half-assed ending to make the movie palatable to the left wing crowd.

this is Half Life tier, love it

I didn't like it, the story was meh Mat Damon was meh and the action scenes were boring.

4/10

>He thinks D9 or Elysium were about apartheid.
Holy shit.
>Blomkamp revealed in an interview after the release of District 9 that his initial inspiration for the idea of aliens living in South Africa came from the interviews on Zimbabwean refugees.

>While some of the scenes in Alive in Joburg are scripted and played out by actors, Blomkamp also juxtaposes footage of real interviews with Johannasburg residents. Interviewees were asked on their feelings about the Zimbabwean refugees living in their communities. In the film, the interviewees appear to be referring to the aliens with a large degree of prejudice and fear.
You're no better than the retarded critics who ate this shit up.

Are they guilt trips about social inequality and discrimination? Yes
Were they filmed post apartheid? Yes

So, like I said, post-apartheid guilt trip crap. It seems that's all South African cinema is able to produce.

Sharlto Copley as mecha weeb
The violence
Spider

AYE WOZ GUNNAH EEL YOR D'AUGHTAH..

showing how much a perfect world it would be if whites have their own planet. Everything was perfect until the mexicans came in and ruined it

The ridiculously weeb as fuck scene at the end.
Like if the over the top exoskeleton swordfight wasn't weeb enough for someone so they slapped fucking cherry trees in the background.
I was dying from laughter.

Nice little nod to the master in that one, tho.

Really? I got more the vibe that brown people are subhuman scum who can never ascend to the heights unless envious, inferior white people drag everyone else down to their level.

I was a bit shocked about how extreme the propaganda was in this movie. Hispanics and other non-whites have turned earth into a third world shit-hole where the any welfare overloaded. Then whites flee to space yet the non-whites manage to invade that to and turn it into shit.

Good job pulling that out of your ass

The face regeneration thing was utterly fucking retarded desu.

>Hispanics
Stop calling Mexicans "Spanish".
They are not Spanish. They are mongrel rape babies.

cool action scenes

It's obviously because the white people are keeping the Earth Man down. The police bots and even the parole bot treat him like shit for no reason, William Fichtner owns the factory Matt Damon works in, and they don't do shit for him after his workplace accident.

It has a couple cool shots during action scenes where the camera rotates around Damon's character, giving the impression of a third-person video game. Thought that was pretty neat desu