Jesus christ

Jesus christ.

This is getting a little too deep for a Flintstones comic.

Modern stone age family.

Can someone edit this with him saying Yabba Dabba Doo.

If you've read the comic than holy shit that is fucking genius.
If not, kill yourself.

Lol. It's funny because Flinstones is usually whacky and silly fun but now it's deep. LOL!

>he doesn't think "2deep4U" is hilarious

The full page has probably one of my favorite jokes in the series.
>Billions of days ago, atoms began joining

It's still like that, just with deep moments spread in between. The comic is still in the same spirit as the original cartoon in that it's modernity viewed through cavemen. It's just that our time is different than the 60s so they stuff that is satirized is different.

I dislike how DC is taking iconic peoperties and turning them into edgy grimdark crap they were never created to be.

Classics should remain untouched and respected

Just because The Flintstones realizes the fundamental force of the universe is loneliness doesn't mean you should dismiss it.

>>Monogamy

Doot DOOOO doo doo doo!

Wrong thread?

The comic is great.

>they were never created to be
The premise of the Flintstones is being "the modern stone age family." The new Flintstones is exactly that, it's just that we live in a different "modern."

This is not the Flintstones. It may have the NAMES, but it's nothing like the cartoon it was based on in tone or characterization.

Really, in terms of cosmic time, Billions of Years and Billions of Days are practically interchangeable anyway.

I mean, what's 2 orders of magnitude when you're dealing with trillions of years?

>Caveman reading articles

Sad!

Fuckin Cavemen.

And here gentlemen, we can see the fairly common "not muh" poster in his natral habitat

Why don't you go find some likeminded friends and bring this to DC HQ directly?

>NOT MUH
Fuck off.

I love this page so much

You mean it isn't a naked Honeymooners rip-off anymore, and Fred is actually a worthwhile human being for once?

What the fug

They dont LOOK like the Flintstones.

They dont ACT like the Flintstones.

They're forcing in crap where it doesnt belong. Like PTSD and sexual themes. into a show that has delighted children for decades

It's a classic. And the classics should be respected and untouched. this is just edginess for the millennials.

If it was good enough THEN, it's good enough NOW.

if flintstones becomes marxist i will definitely read every issue however i can

John, shouldn't you be animating Cans without Labels?

I don't understand the reaction this panel is getting. It's just like when posters repeat those 'teenage girl facebook status update'-esque quotes from Bojack Horseman like it's something really insightful or poetic.

And here gentleman, we can see the lowest common denominator who does not respect the classics and takes what he's given without question.

Would that I could, pally. Would that I could.

You fuck off. I'm the one who respects the classics here. I'm the good guy

Fred was always a worthwhile human being before. He always did the right thing in the end. But if this dreck appeals to you, then you are not a worthwhile human being

But we already have a thread about this, it has 400 plus posts in it.

Did you find this on another forum or something?

Yeah, changing the Lodge to a place for war vets and "yabba dabba doo" to be a coping mechanism is great. It's totally not "Pokemon is postwar" Reddit tier fanfiction.

John K., pls
Pls.
pls.

Besides, the whole thing with the Flinstones is that, right now, plenty of people feel that the original cartoon, while still funny, can only be understood completely if you lived in that period, since it showed how crazy things were.

Right now, things are even crazier, so people need to read something they can actually feel they're living, thus, this "reboot" (which isn't even a reboot, to be fair) actually can make more people relate to this comic now.

Also, you still have the original, and this is a better move than trying to make The Flinstones "cool and zappy" like the 90's (believe me, nigga, everyone wants to forget that era existed.)

Relax. He's right.

It's a funny comic and interesting at times to see what they did with it, but the characterization is pretty goddamned different.

If some kid grew up in the sixties watching Space Ghost, and then went "not muh" at Coast to Coast, would you tell them to fuck off?

It's something very different. I love Coast to Coast way more than the original show, but you have to understand that people who actually liked and grew up with the original might not like it that much.

The lodge was always meant to be a club for war vets, like real ones. The show just didn't go into it much

I always knew The Flinstones were actually a vessel to display identity politics masqueraded as witty subplots to millennials.

>I'm the one who respects the classics here.
>I'm the good guy
>Liking change is bad
Die.

Probably because there were THOUSANDS of war veterans in the 60's, and the markedly prosperous economy at the time allowed for them to make a satisfying living, veteran's benefits or no.

>The Flintstones
>good
I bet you think 1960's Scooby-Doo was good to you delusional idiot.

Many past works have remained timeless classic's throughout the year's with their quality animation, great writing and groundbaking new techniques left of to inspire future generations. Looney Tunes is this.Tom and Jerry is this.

Flintstones really isn't this. Just because something is old don't make it good. It was a run of the mill family sitcom that did nothing particularly well. You're delusions of it seeming more then it was are misplaced. The only reason it's highly remembered today was because it is easily marketable and before Cartoon Network had original shows they'd show off Hannah-Barbera cartoons which kept its memory alive.

The Flintstones are the modern stone-age family. It's right there in the jingle. They aren't the 1960s stone-age family, or the 1970s stone-age family. They can do whatever, as long as it's with the times.

They differentiate between early humans and Neanderthals.

Which makes sense, as they are two different species.

I personally admire HB for the fact that they tried. Their technique of limited animation was of course tiring, as well as the recycled 'Scooby-Doo Format" for several of their shows in the 70s, and how some (if not most) of their shows didn't have many plots that were really compelling, but at least they fucking tried.

Wait, i don't agree with the not muh autist here but i think I disagree more with you. The Flintstones really set a bar that live comedies then took forward. It's known as a pretty legendary, not timeless, sitcom for a reason.

Also, Scooby and it's ilk (Josie and the Pussy Cats and shit) were supposed to be time capsules. They used pop music and references to pop culture for that reason. They were part of an emerging idea of what "pop culture" is.

Sure, in terms of animation they weren't exactly ground-breaking. But they aren't as bad as you seem to remember in a technical respect. But it's kind of regardless as both the shows you referenced are really known more for their writing and characters than their animation.

God dammit, condense your threads.

How about you switch to manga then? It's nearly all creator owned.

No matter how much the comic changes things, Barney still has his voice for me.

It's missing the laugh track

Hardly matters anyway. The sales are abysmal and chances are it's going to canned soon. Not a big fan either due to its Deadpool-esque approach to humor, but I say let people who like it enjoy it. It's not going to be around for much longer.

Most manga is either crap or the same old, just like marvel/dc. Just instead of constant pandering and yearly events, you get forced rhetoric and nonstop exposition.

I'd recommend French comics. They are way more diverse than both America and Japanese comics, manage to tell complete stories in one book, the art has way more effort put into it (they are published in A4 sized pages, and usually yearly - not rushed to be out every month) - quality ranges from good to godly, and the humour can be downright dirty.

I mean you know they are better than American comics when they can pull off even capeshit better.

You must have only read some shitty manga.

You do realize the Flintstones was a prime time sitcom which was intended for adults to watch.

I love how casually racist anthropology has been from the beginning, and continues to be
they're just french people. christ.

It's the same with comics. While yes, the industry is dominated by the big 2 if your only source of comic information is Sup Forums you'd probably think that Marvel / DC superhero stuff is all there is.

There are lots of different manga out there which are targeted to different demographics but the stuff that gets talked about the most is what is made and targeted towards kids and teens which tends to be generic action adventure stuff that fits a certain mold.

>Flintstones
>Classic
You were a sperm cell when it was on the air.
You never found it funny

this desu

Most things that are classics existed before we were born.

The Flintstones was NEVER aimed at children. It wasn't until the 70s or 80s that it got neutered into being for kids. The original cartoon was aimed at adults. Just because it's not constant sex jokes and gore doesn't mean it isn't an adult cartoon. It was The Honeymooners: Cartoon Edition: Prehistoric Edition. It's obvious that it wasn't aimed at kids. It's not very funny or amusing if you're under 10 tbqh.

As someone who grew up watching the 60's Flintstones religiously, I welcome this new comic. You have to admit, pretty much every episode of the original cartoon was "How is Fred going to get away with lying to Wilma this time?"

Why is Fred handsome in this?

want me to story time issue 2?

I know it's edgy and retarded as fuck to want this, but I always wanted a war movie set in the Flintstones universe.

yis pls

Anybody who thinks the new comic's semi-dark comedy is a bad idea needs to read the Veteran Suicide Hotline page. LONG time since I've seen such a simple, effective joke about something so serious.

Issue 3, please

God damn, Slate is a dick. Also, what happened to Fred being a loud mouth with a bad temper? He's a sad broken man in the comic.

>The Flintstones really set a bar that live comedies then took forward. It's known as a pretty legendary, not timeless, sitcom for a reason.

It's a Honemooners rip off you pleb.

>their paper isn't a stone slab
Dropped.

meh, honestly Scooby Doo Apocalypse isn't that farfetched when in comparison to Zombie Island and Mystery Inc

have they story timed issue 2 yet?

>It's totally not "Pokemon is postwar" Reddit tier fanfiction.
but Pokemon always had war

didn't we just have this thread

>If some kid grew up in the sixties watching Space Ghost, and then went "not muh" at Coast to Coast.

I was this kid.

>marriage
>about love
>not about family and societal structure

>It's a classic. And the classics should be respected and untouched.

You must have an aneurysm every time a Shakespeare play gets adapted. Do you have a support group where all you elitist purist cry together about how disrespectful the world is towards pieces you think are classics?

Well, I meant that my childhood had the original space ghost cartoon; not that I grew up in the sixties.

More than that we had them both at the same time, with the same OP picture even.

>hurr durr kill yourself

I'll find and kill you long before I ever consider taking my own life. Get your head out of your ass you pompous piece of shit.

this is as far as i go

I don't get it.

Wilma is smokin' hot in this

I like it.

>It's not very funny or amusing if
It's not very funny or amusing, period.

I'll be honest: I can't stand most Hanna-Barbera stuff, the exception probably being Scooby-Doo. I like cartoons but the majority of what they made just feel too bland and cheap to me.

But everything I've seen of this looks great, fron the art to the writing. Where can I start reading it?

>inb4 Ctrl+4
I'm on mobile please don't kill me

A period after the "Yabba daba doo" would make it perfect, like he's saying it in a matter-of-fact, "badda-bing-badda-boom" tone.

If people "respected the classics" we wouldn't have Adam West Batman.

Infact, comic books would look broadly the same as they did back when they were created.

Change is sometimes a good thing. Things can evolve. A different interpretation of something doesn't make the thing you loved disappear.

As it is, all this new Flintstones comic does is take the basic premise of casting a satirical eye over modern family life through the medium of cavemen.

Sure its a hell of alot more cynical now, but thats the way society is nowadays. Fears of the Bomb aside, there was a much more optimistic society back in the 60's when compared to today. Look at the rise of Donald Trump. Whether or not you agree with the bloke, a lot of people want to vote for him because they are cynical and dissatisfied with the current system. Cynicism is the current climate.

Complaining about "not muh" is fucking stupid about something that you don't have to read that's in a medium where outlying works get barely any attention.

Ignore it and move on you bunch of fucking pussies.

>implying wilma hasn't always been smoking hot

Dammit Fred, it's too early for this

>Germany in 2016.jpg

It's ok user, unless they touch Superman or TT NOT MUH is not a valid argument according to the hypocrites here.

Adam West Batman didn't come from a time when any sort of Batman story was considered "classic" though. He was just adapting Silver-Age Batman.

Unrelated rant coming on, but you are right, cynicism is the current climate, and I fucking hate it. It's been the same climate for almost 2 decades now, would it kill society to have even a modicum of anything positive anymore? People are so dissatisfied with everything that they're willing to vote in complete morons into office, as if either candidate is going to improve anything and not sit on their ass for 4 whole years/make things worse for everyone. We've reached the apex of stupidity, and at this point I want off.

How do I buy the whole set of The Flintstones.
Should I wait until all of them are released and buy it then? Or should I just order 12 issues set from DC official site for 30 $ right now to support the series?
I'm just afraid it'll get canceled before it hits 12 issues mark and I'll be left with nothing.

Does the guy who wrote this have hands of pork?

You underestimate the scale of the manga industry and how its less-mainstream series are able to thrive compared to their anglosphere counterparts.