So now critics love Batman v Superman because of the Trump administration?

So now critics love Batman v Superman because of the Trump administration?

screenrant.com/dceu-movies-superman-trump-brexit/
screenrant.com/dceu-superman-muslim-america-immigrant-story/
screenrant.com/dceu-batman-donald-trump-america/
screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-future-hope-america/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qMceD_O3olA
batman-v-superman.wikia.com
vimeo.com/189876347
dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1002-Summer-2010/Screening-Room-Zack-Snyder.aspx
thefionadcpositivelove.tumblr.com/post/164823794559/lex-luthor-and-his-philosophy-on-women
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>so now critics
>screen rant
>screen rant
>screen rant
>screen rant

People seem to be interpreting BvS a bit differently now but in its essence most people that liked BvS were saying how heavily symbolic BvS is and how much it depicts modernity. It's been done, I liked BvS since I saw it in theatres precisely because it's deeper than it seems initially.

No, it's much shallower. You think it's profound because you are uneducated.

This is next level autism

So you didn't read thode posts and you're calling me uneducated instead? Whatever you say man, if you actually had something to discuss I'd talk it over but you cleraly can't rub a couple of brain cells together for this thread so you're excused.

As a side note the only mistake I see in the author's posts is that he ignores that "minorities" in the film actually admire Superman and almost praise him as a God.

In other words you have nothing of value to add to the conversation, you're just tossing around buzz-words like an automaton heh.

*those *clearly

>this level of care that we're never going to see again in capeshit movies

Zack Snyder's magnum opus takes two popular superheroes and flings them right into the battle that is currently raging western 21th culture. The dying optimism and the awakening of cynicism.

By infusing elements of the same mythology and legends that inspired the creations of these heroes, BvS never forgets what it is and why it is. The battle of two titans using their inspirations as the back-drop of their conflict.

Rather than focus on Superman's fight against some evil villain, the film instead turns conventions on its head and let's us instead perceive Superman through mankind. Superman becomes secondary to what mankind believes Superman to be. BvS becomes a film that bends itself to the minds and opinions it portrays. Perhaps the most interesting being the Day of the Dead segment where a quiet Superman is seen rescuing people as mankind slowly but surely builds a legend around him. People who doubt him, people who worship him, people who hate him. The Superman becomes more than just a guy in cape saving cats out of trees. He becomes something only limited through our imagination. Perhaps the most interesting aspect of Superman is how he changes our beliefs and ways by simply existing. And we start to project ourselves unto someone we all hope or fear to become.

>it-it's the j-jews
>i-im woke
>better keep filtering my water

>>better keep filtering my water
>not filtering water
You're gonna turn into a faggot.

You still haven't added anything of value, sarcasm in this form is not sincere or worthy.

Do you think the success of Wonder Woman forced certain critics to review Batman v Superman with a more open mind?

It certainly forgets what it is. All the way up until more than halfway through the movie.

It absolutely does not. The storytelling is on point. Scenes follow up each other in a perfectly organic way.

I hadn't noticed that before, dang that's impressive, at least we got a few movies out of it, I do hope Snyder comes back to do Justice League 2 if nothing else.

So only now people are getting that MoS and BvS is about the whole muslim/terrorism shit?

WB/DC has been mining that shit since Batman Begins, for Christ's sake.

t. Cinematic Illiterate

There is no story.

I think it's time for Zack to ditch capeshit since all he gets for his efforts is nothing but scorn. His JL is being raped by Josh "Suck my cock for a part" Whedon's quip-riddled dialogue. When I heard they were abandoning Terrio's clever dialogue in favor of straight-forward marvel-like one-liners I stopped seeing it as BvS's sequel.

There are many links to MoS in BvS, not only through visual parallels like that, but also musical cues like Batman's nightmares always starting with the Zod's terra-forming technology sound.

Because it finally sunk in just how poignant its messages are.

>that's impressive

>Batman's nightmares always starting with the Zod's terra-forming technology sound.
Oh shit how did I not notice that? The poor fuck is traumatized from the Metropolis attack.

So to you Supperman is Mahomet ?

>this level of pottery

The fucking " I need a quip every 10 second audience is cancer" I have friends who are like that and I hate talking movies with them. They do come and watch all the godly dceu movies with me nevertheless

Piss christ is nasty and its only value is militant atheist masturbation.
If it was something related to Islam instead it wouldn be tolerated neither by muslims nor by islamophiliac western countries.

Utter idiocy. Doomsday represents cultural marxism? A made up, loosely defined concept that brainwashed rightists believe in? Give me a break. Same for Luthor representing the "tribe" which I assume is what he calls jews.

Lex Luthor represents capitalism and Doomsday represents fascism and anyone who actually paid attention to the movie could have made this connection.

Check the sound when he opens the door.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMceD_O3olA

It's too bad critics have a way of being way too loud when they're clearly not even comic book fans or DC fans most of them, I'd bet.

The thing is dceu is fucking great under Snyder. Look at ss. That thing is a fucking joke and I can't believe they let that be in the same universes. It's sadly the end of godly comic book movies now that zack has been pushed out :( . Atleast I can proudly tell that I have experienced kino and will tell my shit quipping kids 20 years later that I fucking watched man of steel and bvs in IMAX and it was glorious. Also got laid later that night

If Wonder Woman ending hadn't been changed i'd have considered as part of the trilogy.

Huh, fascinating.

lmao hilarious

dope

They will laugh at you even harder than I am now.

>nu-male will raise his kids on Marvel's feminist garbage instead of manly Snyderkino

You mean... you?

>my shit quipping kids

snyder was too good for the capeshit buisness imo

fuck... the kino that keeps on giving. every new BvS thread is a new discovery.
Damn, I hope WB didn't Wonder-Womanize the JL movie too much.

They will stumble......
They will fall............
But in the end, they will join you in the sun

do you think snyder will ever forgive us?

This by very definition is kino. If all a movie had to offer was single viewing it can't even be a candidate.

it's definitely a film that gets better each time you watch it.
Ultimate edition is 100% kino

What's even better is that a lot of these elements stretch all the way back to the first scenes of MoS. BvS brings the allegorical components into sharper focus.

Anyone interested in a BvS wikia? We can log all kino there.

batman-v-superman.wikia.com

WHAT THE FUCK

holy shit, is this for real

i dont get it what ? ? RW? ?R

>Marvel movie comes out
>consumed in its entirety
>makes a fuckton of money
>no one is talking about them months down the road, let alone over a year down the road
>generally remembered as fun but nothing else

>DC movie comes out
>extremely polarizing
>makes bank but not blockbuster
>high levels of discussion, both negative and positive
>films are still being examined more than a year later

I think this is fascinating
In general it seems like things that aren't universally lauded or hated get a lot more actual discussion

>giving a single fuck about superheros or superhero movies in 2017
wake the fuck up children

>hey you know those movies that are literally determining the trend of modern day blockbusters and possibly mid-level movies?
>you know, those cinematic trends and the changing state of the medium?
>Yeah ignore them! They're made for children!
>Now watch this other product instead!

I think people end up liking DC films in a more enduring way than Marvel films. Just look at TDK. People remember it a decade after. But who still remembers the Marvel of last year? I barely do. I guess the Marvel way is the way of maximizing first-month box office and then do another repeat of the marketing blitz for the next film. It works for them but I think they're starting to see some diminishing returns as audiences are getting burnt out.

That is the codex from Man of Steel, and it fits in perfectly with the skeleton of Lucy the australopithecus, the supposed first ancestor of ours to walk upright (which is a load of bullshit but it gives atheists a boner).

I'm not going to spell it out for you any more than that, figure it out for yourself or ask elsewhere

I think it will be a long process before the pleb masses (majority of Sup Forums redditors) could appreciate cinema on this level.

It's a shill bot from India notice the time thsee threads are always made

I recommend everybody to check the video below.

vimeo.com/189876347

What is that pic aout?

This guy gets it.

Look up the meaning of the word "codex," then ask yourself why Zod accuses Jor and Lara not just of violating Kryptonian law by having Kal "off the program," so to speak, but instead accuses them of heresy.

Snyder's message has never been as one-sided as many would have it be.

Basically, kryptonians worship their science dogmas to the point of religious fanaticism.

BvS is true garbage because Snyder simply isn't very smart.

His fundamental flaw is his obsession with moments. People say he's a great visual artist, well of course he is, that's where all the focus goes. People say his characters are flat and lack motivations, well of course they do because all character work is subservient to crafting moments meant to awe the audience. What we are left with is really pretty pieces of shit. If you don't see this you're just in denial or have bad taste, and you're kind of stupid like old Hack Snyder.

>Inb4 adurr movies are a visual medium. Adurrrrrr

Yes, no shit. But there's plenty of directors who have proven you can craft good moment and meaningful characters if you get your priorities straight.

The priority of a good filmmaker is as follows:

Movie first.
Scene second
Moments third

Hack Snyder's priorities are:

Moments first
Scene second
Movie third

He sucks. Accept it faggots.

The only people who like it are brainlets in denial. Sad really.

oh no, are you seriously parroting Nerdwriter's thoughts here? Talk about a new low.

>People say his characters are flat and lack motivations, well of course they do because all character work is subservient to crafting moments meant to awe the audience.

Only fucking stupid as shit people say that. The characters in BvS had clear motivations and were very easy to understand. The movie just lacked the kind of exposition people want out of capeshit.

This isn't real right? Snyder cant be this goat

Who the fuck is nerdwriter?

you know who

I'm going to link this video to all my pleb friends.

>The movie just lacked the kind of exposition people want out of capeshit.
Fuck off with this excuse.

No I don't

Good watch.

It's flat out true. Bruce's real motivation behind hating Superman is hidden in the frame, not the dialogue. The past 10 years of TV-style exposition has rendered audiences visually illiterate.

But it is the truth. Check most of the capeshit. The characters are constantly voicing what they're about to do or what they're all about, as if the audience couldn't piece two and two together.

Meanwhile one of the big things about BvS was that all the characters were dodging and lying about their true feelings and motivations to others and even themselves, since one of the themes of the movie was about the manufacture of lies and the hardship of facing the truth.

enlightened I stand

As real as it gets.

What was the original ending?

There was no Ares, i think, and it ended in a bittersweet manner with the war not ending right away and a reference to World War II happening not long after, but with Diana still deciding in modern days to try once more to save the world from itself.

For example, Pudge character in the movie had a lot more scenes.

how can marlel even compete?

I am unironically saddened that Zack is off the series and we'll never see his unfiltered vision. I have no doubt that his Justice League would have been incredible.

I think you have a valid point, but you don't have to be such a fucking asshole about it.

The other anons have a point as well, things weren't spelt out for the viewer, which meant the viewer had to actually do some work thinking about what they thought things meant, and not just gulp down exposition to set up for the next joke, like marvel capeshit.

BvS Ultimate edition is kino after it's 3rd watch or so

>There was no Ares,
I was thinking to myself throughout the film that Ares not being would be so much greater character development for Diana. Ares existing made the conflict a tad more trivial and naive than it needed to be. Diana's naivety is rewarded.

>Snyder marvels at how Boorman is able to mix moods so effortlessly. After Arthur's success in battle earns him the the hand of Leondegrance's daughter Guinevere, and all is festive, Merlin unveils the prophecy that "a dear friend will betray you." But Arthur isn't paying attention, and Boorman uses Merlin's exasperation to play the moment for a laugh. "It's the idea that men are powerless," says Snyder. "All the things that make us men—love, hate—that's our downfall, the thing that destroys us."

dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1002-Summer-2010/Screening-Room-Zack-Snyder.aspx

>M-Muh hugbox
BvS defenders everyone!

enough with this shit.

>screenrant
>DC shills
they're always one of the first to lap up fake DC rumors.

These are some of the least hugbox threads on this board. Fans love it warts and all. Haters blast on things that reveal how poorly they understood it and get btfo time and again while brainless run off screaming "MUH HEADCANON" with their fingers in their ears.

I love Zack Snyder

>In the final battle against Mordred, a hairy, slightly mad-looking Lancelot returns from willful exile to help his old friend. Fatally wounded, he asks Arthur's forgiveness, to which the king says, emotionally, "You are what is best in men." Snyder is moved. "I cried like a child when I first saw that scene, and it still makes me slightly choked up," he admits, then cites how its invocation of honor among men influenced his approach to the death of Dilios in 300. "It's the most amazing declaration. This rang in me when we shot Dilios telling Leonidas, 'It's an honor to die at your side,' and Leonidas says,
'It was an honor to have lived at yours.'"

I love this. Lancelot coming back in Excalibur was such a nice moment.

>Sup Forums retards actually think these soulless biblical "allegories" are good

I fully expect Clark to come back through a struggle to reassert his identity over a usurper and that the New Gods will be after the Codex to produce an army of brainwashed Kryptonian soldiers.

It's got all the right notes to conclude that particular allegorical arc.

>BvS is good

Will meme have the legs of baneposting?

STOP Sup Forums

YOU ARE MEANT TO SHILL FOR MARVEL'S SUPERFICIAL PROPAGANDA

STOP IT NOW

REEEEEEEEEEE

Not sure I've seen that image before. On the chance that you're not a regular to these threads, have you consider the implications of Bruce choosing to forge a spear, his aversion to to kill a foe at his mercy, and the implications of pic related?

>implying Snyder isn't way more into feminism than Marvel
thefionadcpositivelove.tumblr.com/post/164823794559/lex-luthor-and-his-philosophy-on-women