Do I need to watch the first two seasons?

Do I need to watch the first two seasons?

no
you need to watch the first two seasons and fwwm

It's literally a soap opera, I don't know why people are so into this show.

they're into it because of "le DAMN good coffee", "mmmm Douglas firs", "I am the fbi" and other similar memes

Yes. Preferably also the movie.

I can't seem to get into it. It's far too dated to be enjoyable. The acting is atrocious.

That's what I'm planning to do. I have S1&2 and Fire Walk With Me downloaded just waiting for me to binge when I have the chance.

Watch the pilot of S1 and then the movie, it should be enough to give you some context for S3.

It's supposed to be. It's a parody.

There's probably one of those "How to watch Twin Peaks in X number of hours" lists out there that they have for most Star Trek shows which will give you the most important episodes to burn through so you have all the most important plot points before moving forward.

In that case you're not gonna enjoy The Return either, many of the performances are still deliberately awkward.

Here is the list:

Just
watch
the
David
Lynch
directed
episodes
senpai

Fuck off if you're going to even think about that. That's the most reddit shit I've heard in my goddamn life. If you don't want to actually watch something then don't even try to watch it.

That's retarded. If you don't like a show and feel like you have to "burn through" it, just don't watch it. No one will ever care that you watched Twin Peaks unless you like it and they like it and you both want to do discuss it.

not really. you can just watch FWWM and some YouTube clips to figure out the important parts. 90% of the original TP was nothing happening, even worse than in The Return.

>The acting is atrocious.

The acting is that way on purpose, part of TP was making fun of Over dramatised soap operas of the time.

The tonal shift that happens, sometimes even mid-scene from Soap Opera shlock/parody to bizarre surreal horror is so fucking good which is why Lynch/TP is easily one of the best shows ever on TV

WRONG

Jesus Christ lads, calm down. These sort of lists exist in this day in age, I'm not making any normative assessment of their existence, merely providing information that they do.

Then fuck off and go watch something else you weenie.

Her dad killer her by the way.

It's david lynch, none of it make sense anyway and that's why he's a genius!!!!!!!

Honestly just watch something else. Twin Peaks isn't a show for people with short attention spans and obviously you're not that interested.

So its every TV show by that logic

YES, ABSOLUTELY.

t. confused teenager

You're giving bad advice, though.
>I find peanut butter disgusting. Any advice on eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? I hear everyone loves them.
>Yeah, there's a thread on Reddit that explains how to best scrape most of the peanut butter out so that you can more easily eat the sandwich.

Think of it as a TV show about TV shows. Watch it for the exploration of televisual tropes, not the plot.

No.

TP is probably my favourite show but I think this image sums it up.

The Ben Horne Civil war stuff/Whatever James is doing in S2 is pretty atrocious but I think it's important to see every episode on the first run through at least once.

t. guy that watches pawn stars and two broke girls

just read the plot descriptions and watch s1 e1. if youre so interested in s3. its literally a shitty soap, and every bad writing mistake and every irritating character (james for example) is excused with "its a parody lmao its supposed to be shitty xddd"

>being this butthurt because others dont like your favorite relationship drama show
:^)

The Civil War subplot was great. The best of the season 2 retardation. I think people are too hard on the non-Lynch episodes, though. Compared to Lynch's work, the drop in quality is noticeable, but compared to most TV, it's still decent. No episode there is wholly shit.

>every irritating character (james for example)
James was always cool, though.

Civil War as with most of the middle third of s2 was fine. I only found the James subplot during that part to be awful to watch, and as we all know now, James was always cool

its shit

Normies will tell you no, that it is shit and dated (LE SOAP OPERA XD) and that only the new season is any good. Strangely enough though, they will also tell you to watch FWWM because it's so le deep xD and Lynch's best work. LYNCH'D!!!

It's suppose to be The Room of television shows with a occasional David Lynch scene

>It's suppose to be The Room of television shows
That doesn't make any sense.

I finally started watching it from the beginning, because I was way too you to "get" the show when it aired (already reruns back then, though).

I love how it's unintentionally (is it, though?) part-comedy. In the first episode, there was a scene where the police called their boss (the same actor who played the general in SG) - the dude was sitting in full uniform, medals and all, in his kitchen, in front of a fridge while drinking coffee and his wife was giving him a shoulder massage - that went on for quite a few awkward seconds until the phone rang. It was just such an absurd scene that I snorted a laugh IRL.

Is Twin Peaks kino?

I didnt like Andick and Lucy scenes, i didnt like Ed and Nadine scenes, after the murder gets solved everything turns into shit, Windom earle is retarded,

Why the fuck do I see retards keep asking this. Would you read a third book in a series before reading the firs two????

The comedy is intentional, it often doesn't really take itself seriously.

TV series have all kinds of different formats including those where you don't need to watch something that was made 30 years ago to enjoy new episodes. So next time answer the question or go spout false equivalences somewhere else.

Season 3, episode 8 literally is. The rest figuratively is.

Yeah, and that's generally clear by the genre. Even without knowing that, just look at the ad for the new season in the OP. Do you know who that character is? If not, you probably should go learn who he is before you can expect to care about the return.

>what is satire?
Brainlets, pls go