Dark Matter is Cancelled

RIP to space qts
variety.com/2017/tv/news/dark-matter-cancelled-syfy-1202545344/

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2017/5/14/15638058/nbc-uncanceled-timeless-fans-kripke-ryan-time-travel
change.org/p/syfy-renew-dark-matter-for-season-4?recruiter=552090800&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_twitter_responsive
josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/09/01/september-1-2017-dark-matter-cancelled/
help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dark Matter?

more like Colorful Shit

Well that's disappointing. It was the only good tv show airing right now. There's literally nothing on tv I want to watch anymore. I guess I need a new hobby.

What will Jodelle do now?

Hopefully get fatter again

Blood Drive. It's pretty good.

Never saw it.
Figured it wasn't popular.

Good post season 2 went to crap and the show didn't go anywhere Star trek and Stargate have already been.

S3 is like the start of every videogame/fish out of water story where power hero loses their powers and has to earn them back except they already did that at the start of the fucking show

All they lost was the blink drive that they just got. They still had their memories, connections, weapons, etc. It's more like losing the OP power that was always meant to be used as a fun thing for one level as it completely breaks the game.

>2's body is taken over, she might as well be dead
>3's wife is a robot terrorist
>4's empire is fallen
>5's mom is an evil bitch
>6 is dead, and got tricked so his death let's aliens invade and presumably enslave humanity
Wow what a bad end

>show about dyed feminists

nothing of value was lost

I hope they get back on the decision.

>NBC uncanceled Timeless
theverge.com/2017/5/14/15638058/nbc-uncanceled-timeless-fans-kripke-ryan-time-travel

Should have been cancelled after two episodes

>Another good sci fi show cancelled

Who the fuck keeps doing this? Firefly, Stargate Atlantis, now Dark Matter. I'm sure there's others I am missing.

Why are the people in charge of these decisions so autistic?

this show was terrible. good riddance

plz no bully

Funny that sci fi is super popular but all the shows die.

At least the expanse hasn't been canceled yet.

It hasn't gotten popular enough to warrant cancellation yet.

>terrible show is canceled
Well good, maybe all the autists on Sup Forums who like this crap will shut up finally

>getting so mad other people like show you don't
Now you don't shit up.

The sad thing is that they claimed the Dark Matter/ Killjoys twofer was a return to space sci-fi instead of the low budget modern day but with some props sci-fi and fantasy and bad on purpose shit they'd been doing since Universe was cancelled. Now one is gone and they've only started up one other space sci-fi series, while continuing to crank out the shit they claimed was on the downtrend.

>Killjoys gets two extra seasons to "finish their story" while Dark Matter gets nothing
Fuck, at least give them a movie assholes.

Why did this happen to /ourgirl/?

Not overly surprised. But disappointed. I think the execs looked at upcoming SciFi like STD and Orville and assumed that Dark Matter would lose viewers. Which is a real shame. It was probably the best pulp SciFi show going. RIP in peace.

Never put your dick in crazy.

Speak better english please. Reading your adolescent dribble is a chore.

Learn Ebonics.

Because she's a hair removal harlot.

What's next for the career of this cute geeky actress?

Adapting anime.

I'm not learning a sub-human butchering of a language. Stop watching shit shows and speaking a langauge in a shit way, it's embarrassing.

I don't even watch this show lol

She should have been Misa in the Netflix movie.

she can live at my house if she runs out of acting money.

Feel kind of bad for littlesisterfu but I never watched the show.

Lolol sure you don't

I hope this doesn't make her getting fat again

I don't.
I came here to laugh at the others.

This is what pisses me off so much. I enjoyed Dark Matter because it was supposedly a return to form and focus on science fiction before then I hadn't watched the channel in years. But, they still manage to pull the rug under your feet and go back to their bullshit.

So far all you've done is defend these losers

Fuck them.

change.org/p/syfy-renew-dark-matter-for-season-4?recruiter=552090800&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=share_twitter_responsive

JUST

has a single one of these petitions ever worked?

It's a perfectly good show. Saying that others have done it is pointless, everything has been done before. We have made shows about everything, we have written books about everything. Is show making supposed to fallow painting? Now that everything that has been done in a presentable way should they start throwing shit at the screen and call it good TV like painters do with their modern paintings?

hopefully a Death of the Endless miniseries

Eh, I've only ever really seen her play submissive characters. Think she has the spunk for that?

Hopefully bouncing on my fat cock

The show is trash good riddance. Hopefully silent hill girl starts doing nude scenes. When they cancelled SGU that was their final mistake. The show pandered a bit too hard but got a lot better now it's just nothing but pure trash with The Expanse only being mildly entertaining due to the source material being good but suffers from a lot of shit like the SJW pandering and bottom of the barrel casting. Hell I came across some Eureka clips the other day and I almost shed a tear...

They changed their name to be able to profit easier and they kind of forgot what the letters are supposed to mean when you pronounce it...

goodnight sweet fat tits

Cheers

>the source material being good but suffers from a lot of shit like the SJW pandering
Have you read the books?

pic not related?

2, 5 and android replace all those terrible female cast in the expanse pls

>2 for le stonk martian
>5 for naomi
>android for chrisjen

>Hopefully silent hill girl starts doing nude scenes.
Only if she stops removing her nipple hair.

I supposed I should have more accurately typed "good".

she can have my spunk
also i'm not sure Death was really spunky, she was cute but reserved and playful when trying to cheer up Dream but otherwise more just loving life

the biggest problem is for almost the first two seasons the show had no plot
why do sci-fi show writers ever think they'll get more than two seasons, when historically unless its a show with weekly stand alone episodes it gets cancelled like Farscape
how much do you want to be The Expense will get cancelled before finishing as well?

Was the cliffhanger it ended on really severe? Should I watch this show just for waifus?

Did or will the show have a proper finale episode? I have never watched it and I like watching cancelled shows when I know they are just a few seasons long, I don't like getting hooked into shows that span many years and seasons.

ended on a cliffhanger with huge alien invasion
the only thing we know is far in the future QT and android are still around

Oh, kind of like the V remake.
I'll check the show out anyway I guess, thanks.

The cancellation isn't actually official yet, Variety reported it so that's probably the case but so far Syfy has no comment. If this is it then it did not get a proper ending at all, it was a total cliffhanger.

>It is with great sadness that I confirm the news. Syfy has cancelled Dark Matter after three seasons.

>To say that I’m incredibly disappointed would be an understatement.

>I’ll save my comments and field your questions in a future blog entry. For today, I just want to extend a heartfelt thanks to my amazing crew, my wonderful cast, and to all of you, our incredible fans.

>You all deserved better.

josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2017/09/01/september-1-2017-dark-matter-cancelled/

Fuck

the show creator confirmed it on his blog

It started out as a comic and will probably end as one.

>Dark Matter is Cancelled

yeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Good fucking riddance, I hope that guys children get savagely raped and murdered. Thats vastly preferable to having to endure another minute with this trash show.

>cancelled
>dat season finale

Well as long as Killjoys gets its final season

>Hopefully silent hill girl starts doing nude scenes.

No. There's already too much sexualization in Hollywood as it is. Stop taking pure ivory and mixing it with corrupting feces.

Plz don't cancel Killjoys

why not it's shit

They did the exact same thing with Defiance before DM and Killjoys.

Syfy is pretty much like a broken track record when it comes to their shows, especially anything relating to space.

>Give a show massive boost on first season
>give no shits other then some advertising for later seasons
>cancel around 3-5 season when it becomes more of a hassle to deal with compared to how much it rakes in for em, consistently cutting said budget every season until shoestring
budget

Not since SG-1 has a show on the channel made it past 5 seasons.
Even super popular shows like Eureka and Warehouse 13 were shafted hard up the ass with no lube come 5 season deadzone time.

Nooooooo I hate it when you have to read a stupid comic to find out how a show ends

Now that DM is cancelled Syfy, the entire channel, makes eight original shows

Just four of them are science fiction

Just be glad DM isn't owned by MGM, we'll never get any kind of proper ending to SGA or that shelved forever last SG-1 movie where the stargate program was to go public.

For better or worst a science fiction show continuing on in comics means no limits on what can be done other than the artists imagination

Netflix could finish the last 2 season for less than they are paying Seinfeld for 1 hour.

When you do a show on syfy channel you pretty much have to set up every season finale as a series finale unless you know 100% you're getting another season.

3 or 4 seasons should be the max you have planned out.
US Being Human and ZNation are about the 2 best case scenario shows ever pulled off on Syfy.
>planned that shit out
>knew when to call its last season even with Syfy execs crying for more

Syfy is a garbage channel ran by fucking retards. Hopefully Netflix picks up Dark Matter

They already have a better scifi show.

>they canceled 5's show
I am slighty preturbed.

that's what your mom said about you

laughed harder than I should off at Android walking off into the ship repeatedly saying boobs

I dropped this shit on the first episode when the black guy found a Katana and instantly turned into a weab swordsman

Stupid shit
never heard of it
Dark Matter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Travelers

he was already a weeb swordsman before they lost their memories though. but then you dropped at episode 1 so your opinion is literally worthless.

best post

>Ryo is black

They are renewed for two more seasons, they will serve as a finale.

Thats too bad, maybe they will bring it back, i think syfy has done this in the past with znation or something.

Really fun show to watch, but it's not like it has anything to offer other than a med budget wacky sci-fi show

really i wish they would have developed character pasts a little more, and spent more time on space stations, but w/e

I love Killjoys but 1 more season should be enough. 2 seasons fills like its just going to drag out the Lady in the Green as the big bad.

>inb4 4th season is trying to kill her in the Green and keep her from getting loose
>5th season shes loose and shit hits the fan

Post more Lewd Jodelles and Androids

do they have to be lewd or can they be nice?

desu the "I have to sacrifice myself" crap is getting old, no one believes thats going to happen. like they have the balls to kill of the MC when shes half the reason people watch.

No normally when Syfy cancels something they're pretty adamant about it. Closest thing we ever got was the Peacekeeper Wars after Farscape was canned and that pretty much took a wish from the dragon balls to make happen.

Hell they've even canned shows that did good in ratings just because an executive on the channel hated the movies.
>Tremors the series made behind execs back
>didn't find out until time to start advertising
>heads rolled but had to play the show since it was all paid for
>every episode intentionally played in the wrong order
>random delays in playing new episodes that could last from anywhere from 2 to 3 weeks at a time to a month at a time with no prior announcement
>randomly play repeats of already shown episodes on nights when new episodes were supposed to air
>show still managed to make good ratings for a early 2000's syfy channel show not SG-1
>canned because the audience it attracted "wasn't what scifi channel was interested in attracting"
>fourms and homepage on the old scifi channel website nuked within a week of it getting cancelled

Did season 1/2 end on cliffhangers as well? Is there some cut off point at the show that could make it feel more or less finalized?

wow a diverse family? with fucking childactors?
>better scifi show

>Hasn't seen it
>judging it entirely based on a promotional image
mmm

Here we go guys. We can petition Netflix to pick it up right on their platform:

help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest