Was his awakening in episode 16, and the whole episode at large, the sloppiest deus ex machina in the history of TV?

Was his awakening in episode 16, and the whole episode at large, the sloppiest deus ex machina in the history of TV?

?

> character wakes up from nap
> deus ex machina
> REEEEEEEEEE

>Lynchworld
>Conventional narrative paradigms

You're fucking retarded, my man

>implying it wasn't an elaborate plan to get Janey E. puss

you got lynched you pathetic well-cuck'd faggot. kys senpai

no u, fucking retards
this isn't lynches style
his style is to fucking convolute everything further until everyone gives up trying to understand what the fuck is going on
this is clearly the handiwork of a certain Mr Frosty

>his style is to fucking convolute everything further until everyone gives up trying to understand what the fuck is going on

For fuck's sake, please stop posting

pathetic pleb

>15 episodes of painstakingly gradual yet compelling buildup
>Deus ex machina
Fuck off back to /got/, pleb

thats exactly the point
15 eps of build up
to all be squandered in one ep
keep it slow

>deus ex machina

Literally гeddit: the phrase

>the absolute state of this argument

I don't think so, electricity was established as a pathway to change right at the beginning, even form the original run/fwwm.
The way I saw it - Cooper came trough the plug socket but something went wrong (probably because of the fuck up caused by the presence of Dougie allowing badcoop to stay out of the lodge), so he was retarded, "Gordon Cole" from that Sunset Blvd jogged his memory enough to prompt him to get some more electricity, thus fixing him

>Buildup

He just had the urge to electrocute himself for no reason and then he woke up. And if you say that he electrocuted himself after hearing Gordon Cole, that's even more retarded.

If getting shocked was the solution, mike could have guide him to do that earlier.

It was an uncreative, rushed and forced way to bring cooper back, and the "I am fbi" moment with "Falling" playing in the background felt more like a compromise than a genuine fan pandering moment.

And i love Lynch and this season is probably one of the best things ive ever watched, but that was dissappointing

deus ex machina is a running theme in TP, especially with DougieCoop who had the assistance of Lodge entities. just because you can give a name to a trope doesn't make it bad if used tastefully.

You EVER fucking post here again, I'll cut your cock off and shove it down your cunt throat

>He just had the urge to electrocute himself for no reason and then he woke up
wrong. he heard Gordon Cole's name on TV and that activated Cooper to figure out how to get back to consciousness

>if used tastefully
which it wasn't, in that episode

Thanks for stopping reading at that point retard.

Why would hearing Gordon Cole trigger that? Coop knew that and Mike didnt? It was a really stupid solution

The socket was established in ep3 and we were reminded of it in ep9. He's been having little jolts of recognition - coffee, words like "agent" and "case files", the American flag etc - throughout the entire series. He's also been steadily gaining competence, able to perform simple tasks like eating and walking with more autonomy than before. He demonstrates more of this development when he plays with the salt and pepper and clumsily operates the TV remote.

He heard the name Gordon Cole and it gave him another jolt of recognition , the biggest yet, granting him enough agency to direct his attention to the electrical socket. Cooper was always in there, as was confirmed when he recognises Sonny Jim and Janey-E, and he knew or sensed that he had to return fully. This was all built up beautifully over the course of The Return and I fail to see how anyone could miss it.

Dude, i understand what you say and i agree, but the fact that he knew that electrocuting himself would bring him back was silly. When he was in the mauve zone, he didn't know what the socket was, he was curious about It but thats It, that was also the first time he was ever there because he asked Naido where he was.
There is no way that he could knew that that would brought his mind back

Just admit you got Lynched and go back to posting about GoT

Never watched a got episode in my life, and i bet you are way more pleb than i am.

Pleb here acts like Lynch is a cinema god that its only criticized by plebs. He is great, and one of my favourite directors, but he is not perfect.

And , if you ask me im pretty sure that Frost was who wrote the entire "electrocuted himself and gets his mind back" plotline

He remembers coming into the world through a socket though, and we've seen him be drawn to one before.

And what made him think that another shock what what he needed? Why did he supposed that his mind didn't completely travel the first time?

>I bet you are way more pleb than me
No u

Post your top 5 films, faggot

Drive
Pulp Fiction
BvS
Goodfellas
Empire strikes back

>mfw because of the current state of Sup Forums I can't even tell if this is a joke or not

Iknorite?

Wow, it's like one of the Return's major plotlines taking place in Las Vegas had value in itself.

You are 17, right?

why is nobody checking these hot dublettos??

Probably mike or something, if you really need a solid explanation. Just because the underlying mechanics aren't explained doesn't mean there can't be any.

i dont want mechanic explained, i just want a reason for him to do that. Mike and the arm guided dougie for 15 episodes, and i was okay with that. Then in that episode, they rushed coop back into normal state and it felt cheap