I just got around to this and I'm really confused

I just got around to this and I'm really confused.

How are they going into deeper levels of dreams when the machine they use in the dream isn't real? Are they somehow forcing themselves into deeper levels of dreaming? If so then why do they need the machine in the first place? It isn't consistent. It makes me believe that Maude was right. It's nonsensical but they don't question it because the entire movie is a dream.

I just can't understand how people liked this

They aren't as smart as you user, clearly

>Written by Christopher "TDKR" Nolan

this should answer all your questions about bad writing.

shared dreaming itself is impossible

The autism.

Its a film about films. Theres an actor, a set designer, Arthur is the producer, Cobb is the auteur director who goes too deep.

Of course the whole movie is a dream, they all are.

Arthur had like 20 lines explaining it but that scene got cut

It's a dream within a dream thing. Doesn't make much sense really, but once they enter a dream, they can force themselves to start another dream, which creates a new reality. Its like pocket universes.

>they can instantly dream up weapons and shit
>they don't dream up giant mechs and missiles to fight off the subconscious

this.

>>they don't dream up giant mechs and missiles to fight off the subconscious
>fight off the subconscious
Then your subconscious will bring on bigger mechs idiot

This. That
>you mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling
line pissed me off so much.

That's probably the LESAST improbable thing about the movie, unless you are implying that brain-brain interfacing will never progress. And it we have already done rudimentary thought sharing in in rats.

Then they could just keep dreaming bigger. Dream up space ships, moonbase, dream teleport when they're closing in on you.

Bravo Noland

Teleporting and hasty movements would pull you out of the dream

Then go watch Jumper

Inception's premise is they're trying to convince him it's all real. Not become this sprawling out of control dream. You don't want it to escalate too much. It'd better if they think it's real so the dream defense doesn't escalate too.

>hasty movements would pull you out of the dream
they were constantly running around, crashing into shit. fuck off.

>How are they going into deeper levels of dreams when the machine they use in the dream isn't real?

It's real in the dream. Just like how you can get shot in the dream even though the guns aren't "real" and you can drive a car around

in slow mo

Why is Nolan such a fucking hack?

>It's real in the dream.
The only way this is true is if the base world is also a dream.

>it exists therefore it can't be in a dream
what? this is a very basic plot either you're just pretending to be retarded or you've hit your head at some point.

Nothing is real in a dream genius. The whole premise is convincing somebody it's real and not letting them get wise it's a dream.