Religion is often indistinguishable from mental illness. Prove me wrong

Religion is often indistinguishable from mental illness. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090316201459.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How will religion go away?

Will you kill people?

Let's think a bit. What happens when Christianity is gone? Christianity and Mormonism are some of the only things preserving the white race and tradition without them we enter full on degeneracy mode.

It's just fear of death actually. Some people just can't accept the fact that there's nothing there after dying. No hell, no karma, no paradise. You die and that's it.

What was his religion?

>the white race
The "white race" doesn't exist. What constitutes a "white person" today is not even the same as it was 100 years ago. It is pure fiction.

>tradition
Trash it. There is no need to maintain tradition "just because". That is a stupid idea.

catholic.

this is actually my wish motherfucker. i don't want to be alive/sentient again. the very thought that reincarnation might be real and i might be living countless of lives over and over and over is terrifying.

>but you won't even know it
it still is bullshit. i want this ride to end.

Proof of that?

Agree
Christianity for the masses. Wanted to restore paganism. Admired Islam and Mohammed. What a clusterfuck.

Do you want to kill yourself?

Sauce pls

He killed so many catholics, no way he actually was

what is he thinking?

>not an argument

Can someone explain to me why the CTR shills have changed their narrative from anti-Trump to anti-religion this week?

It's called survival instinct.

spotted the kike worshiper

wtf I believe in heaven now

How does my wanting to live give you the right to infer ANYTHING at all about the afterlife? Mental gymnastics at the paralympics, gold medal autist.

>BBC

Just because he killed catholics doesn't mean he wasn't catholic. Religious people kill each other all the time regardless of their specific religion. Hitler didn't personally know the people he killed, anyways. Why would he care if they were catholic?

I'm a kike, don't worship other kikes, is Judaism the most redpilled religion?

We cant know anything about the afterlife thus inferring ANYTHING about it, be it heaven or nonexistence, is autistic. But please feel free to wallow in your edgy ignorance.

he wasn't Catholic tho, he was a thirst

Christianity gave us science, the industrial revolution, abolished slavery and laid the groundwork for the ideas of humanism and equality under the law.

Progressivism gave us post-modern "art", genocide of the white race, globalist elitism, millions of refugees and fat people with dyed hair who want you to lie to them that they are women.

athiest* sorry for being a mobile poster

All of the US spree killers have been atheists.

>But please feel free to wallow in your edgy ignorance.

woah edgy

How many people has Taoism killed? Or Jainism? Or Buddhism? Or Sikhism? Or Animism? Or Shamanism?

Need I go on?

No, Taoism is.

Can't expect a theist to understand existential angst. Keep going, i really wish you enter into heaven.

>not an argument
ad hominem

>Christianity gave us science
what do you mean with that ?

>Sup Forums says jews ran the slave trade
>Sup Forums says Christians abolished slavery
Are you saying that Christians are responsible for all the nigger dindus running around? because Sup Forums says it's the joos fault

>Religion is often indistinguishable from mental illness

You mean that mental illness is made up like most religions and that there is only one true religion that you people avoid?

Yeah...

>W-we have brain scans

Meaning that there is different brain activity, just by thinking about tits, instead of about dicks you get different brain activity, retard.

>What happens when Christianity is gone? Christianity and Mormonism are some of the only things preserving the white race and tradition without them we enter full on degeneracy mode.

I almost never hear anyone arguing the validity of these religions. Just the perceived social benefits of having them around.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong. It's just an observation.

I will ask for opinions on something, though; Should I convert to Christianity for this reason alone? I could honestly never believe any of it is true. It's so astronomically unlikely that any of the supernatural elements of the stories hold any water whatsoever. But should I be Christian simply to combat degeneracy?

I agree with what you posted but it was pretty edge

I've tried Taoism, most of the eastern religions are compatible with Abrahamic religions because they aren't pagan (for the most part).

>Being this desperate to be white

Francis Bacon was a Christian and science was created under a Christian nation.

It wasn't just the Jews, everyone was, and always was, involved in the slave trade because slavery was natural before we abolished it. It was just a fact of life and most people saw nothing wrong with it.

t. Jew

How is killing people bad?

bitch please, I'm a Jew and I disagree with this asshole

>hurr this dogmatic bronze age cult definitely gave us the scientific method guyz xDD

not sure if trolling or retar- oh wait you are are a kike worshiper nvm

>We cant know anything about the afterlife thus inferring ANYTHING about it, be it heaven or nonexistence, is autistic.
>We cant know anything about the afterlife

But the very concept of "afterlife" is a purely human invention. There has never been anything concrete to suggest such a thing exists. You can't pluck a concept from thin air with absolutely no evidence to support it and then posit that it's a realistic possibility just because nobody can disprove it. Especially when that thing is impossible to disprove because it has absolutely no foundation in physical reality.

Wanting to live isn't the same as fearing death, and neither is proof that religion exists primarily as a way to mentally evade mortality.

Your turn.

Atheism is retarded as well. How do you know there isn't a deity? Your faith? Agnosticism is the true redpill.

Religion keeps you safe from mental illness. finding solace in prayer eases feelings of stress.
you talk about extremes and when religion becomes unhealthy by enforcing it. if religion is not benevolent it's not a true religion anymore.

there, already disproven.

>You die and that's it.

you say that as you've done it already. you're full of shit. it's simply not proven to be true at all. not only would it be the saddest and most tragic confirmation about life ever, it would render everything pointless eternally.
that's not only poison for wanting to be happy but also a very unflexible abandonment of hope that would be absolute. makes me shudder.

>There has never been anything concrete to suggest such a thing exists
We cant explain human consciousness
> You can't pluck a concept from thin air with absolutely no evidence to support it and then posit that it's a realistic possibility just because nobody can disprove it.
like naturalism?

>I always laugh when athiest and christian make debates. they are both equally dumb and stupid. Meanwhile I have adopted the superior ideology of Agnosticism© which makes me always correct

according to Jewish views of the afterlife the world will be perfected and restored to likeness of a modern garden of Eden, seems more realistic desu, but it's also vague

Why would you want to live in a mortal and often unpleasant world if the goal is to connect with something higher such as god and live a much better (after)life?

>Agnosticism is the true redpill.
Why?
What is the reward of Agnosticism?

>blaming christianity when the fall of rome and the spread of islam fucked everything up

you're a special kind of faggot you know that?
the church was the only reason we still have any knowledge from before rome fell. you think pagans gave a shit about roman libraries? you think muslims gave a shit? both of them burned down a good deal of them and the muslims one upped the pagans by also burning indian libraries.

>We cant explain human consciousness

*sticks knife in ur brain*
*you lose memory and/or comprehension based on where was damaged*

huh woah interest whaat

the irony is, if you watch the graph the only places with scientific advancement during the dark ages were muslim areas

>You can't pluck a concept from thin air with absolutely no evidence to support it and then posit that it's a realistic possibility just because nobody can disprove it.

yes you can. you got it all wrong. if you can't disprove it then it's therefore a possibility and not "it's already not likely because I said so" which is your faggy point and not a point at all.

btw, physical reality doesn't matter. it's a matter of metaphysics and I tell you another secret: quantum mechanics has disproven pure materialism already which means idealism and solipsism which is on the other side of the spectrum is far more likely.

A fellow intellectual. Sigh* too bad the world is so full of ignorant believers as I call atheists and theists. We should meet up and strengthen our minds through a game of chess and let these kiddos masquerade as intellectuals while we become mental Gods ourselves.

You have no proof of that and no proof of a god existing or not existing. Atheism is another form of religion. Deny just to deny.

Go agnostic.

also
>the church was the only reason we still have any knowledge

you obviously never heard of the Christian emperor Theodosius that ordered the destruction of all Greek philosophy schools

Im religious and i do not have a mental illness

Not an argument

Nothing really. There just isn't proof that God exists or doesn't exist.

Christianity's benefits outweigh its detriments, and so I agree that Christianity must have a place in our society.

But you can't seriously be defending Mormonism. It's one huge cult of batshit insane beliefs. It's quite nearly as bad as Scientology

and?
A calculator has memory so does that mean it is conscious?

If there is no reward than what is the reason to become one?

South park had a good episode about how if religion went away the "anti-thiests" would fight over stupid shit like who was the best star trek character. I feel like the same would happen if religion went away

This guy gets it. And most atheists believe a science that can't be proven to explain why we're here since being born is just so absurd and unlikely. For instance many believe in the multiverse since the explanation of anything that can exist will exist is an explanation.

>there isn't proof that god doesn't exist
actually there is. god is basically the personification of infinity , infinity is an abstract undefined concept. Asking whether god exists is like asking whether the number 5 exists. Its a linguistic fallacy and has nothing to do with reality whatsoever

Everything we know about conscienceness indicates that it comes from the brain. There's no evidence for a soul, or any other wishy-washy thing that survives your body. If your brain function stops, you stop. Since your brain function stops upon death, it's quite reasonable to assume you will experience nothing afterwards.

He was not an atheist, you retard. he was a catholic.

He is the alpha and omega the beginning and the end. So he has a beginning and an end.

Idk man just do you.

alpha and omega are letters in Greek alphabet. See, the only way to describe this imaginary being is by using metaphors. There is no way to describe it by using anything based in reality, only abstract numbers.

Ask any theologian to define god, he will use words like "non-material", "non-quantifiable", "time-less". Basically, he is the very definition of nothingness, a negation of reality

And to add to that most atheists believe in some form of infinity like the multiverse where there's infinite universes and ever growing.

>We cant explain human consciousness

We know for sure it originates in the brain, you fucking mongoloid, we just can't say for sure which areas interact to create it - but we have some damn good research on the question

sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090316201459.htm

Educate yourself

>Atheism is retarded as well. How do you know there isn't a deity?

I will never rule out the possibility of some intelligence having a role in the creation of the universe.

To suggest that this intelligence is like us, Abrahamic in nature, or even comprehensible as an entity to us is insane. Any deity that created the universe would be so far beyond our comprehension that there might as well be no deity at all

>there's nothing there after dying
>You die and that's it.

that's not true, even for the atheist, and it's fairly easy to see why.

there was "nothing" before you were born, and then you were born. unconsciousness is not real and there is only consciousness in various forms. if you think your consciousness is different to mine, ask yourself what makes it different in the absence of a soul. you naturally identify with your consciousness of 10 years ago or 50 years in the future. the spatial continuity between you and me is just as real as that apparent temporal continuity.

eternal life is more terrifying than eternal death (end of suffering), so I could argue that your atheism is just fear of life.

"sanity" is a mental illness, but not one many people recognize or even want to be cured of.

the only men to have ever had the courage to face reality long enough to come back with real answers were religious men, wittgenstein and kierkegaard among them. non-religious men who attempted it have all been lost to degeneracy or mental illness (e.g., nietzsche, and assorted "existentialists" - camus, sartre, etc.)

why are people arguing so much about what happens after you die ?
its more important what happens when you are alive. and you sure as hell dont need religion do be a good person.
although, christian values or whatever you wanna call them are a good thing overall.
the 10 commandments are good.

There is something very important that you have to keep in mind at all times about Taoism. Taoism is much more than just reading the Tao te Ching and the Chuang Tzu, and even the I Ching (although I would point out that this book is great to read, but not meant to be used literally.

Taoism is much, much more than those things. It is more than an abstract concept. The principles of its spirituality rely less on its cosmology, eschatology and claims about the nature of reality in general (as far as cosmological claims, Taoism posits something which I believe to be completely true; that we as humans can not know or understand the concepts of the beginning or creation of the universe), and more on actual practices that benefit you and improve your life.

These would be the practices which are associated with Qi Gong (or Chi Kung if you're looking at the old Romanization). These practices include but are not limited to exercise, Tai Chi, meditation, sexual practices both with partner and solo, Qi Gong exercises and more. And though Qi Gong is to be practiced always throughout the day in terms of controlling your breathing, there are also things apart from it that one should pursue.These include cleanliness, hard work,self sufficiency,withdrawal from society, proper attitude and way of speaking, proper dress,self reflection, breaking bad habits,proper healthy diet (Taoists are not vegetarians, and in fact, they denounce the consumption of carbs like grains,as they say they are bad for you, something science has only recently caught up with), and there are others I don't have time to get into.

You can't really properly practice Taoism without practicing the things that go along with it. It is not enough to just adopt its abstract concepts, you actually have to change your behavior. And for this reason, Taoism is far and above all other religions because it really offers step by step instructions on how to live a life that is in pursuit of higher consciousness.

So you're agnostic then. Cool.
Yea we can't comprehend the universe so believing anything like religion or atheism is only useful in trying to find meaning in our lives. Neither can be proven though and probably never will.

I agree, consciousness is more complex than people think

>eternal life is more terrifying than eternal death (end of suffering), so I could argue that your atheism is just fear of life.

No, belief in the afterlife is not a rational position, which is why atheists hold it, not "fear of eternal life" that's fucking stupid.

Believing in an afterlife is an irrational position, so we have to investigate why so many people hold it - fear of death, or rather, fear of never seeing dead loved ones again seems to be the primary motivator for belief in such a concept

>the 10 commandments are good

>thou shalt have no other God before me
>thou shalt make no graven images
>thou shalt remember the sabbath, and keep it holy

What do any of these have to do with being morally good?

>believing in atheism
there is no such thing as atheism let alone being able to "believe in atheism"

>There is no need to preserve tradition
Will you say that when western civilization falls to moral decay?

How about you prove yourself right, retard?

I'm not agnostic, because I believe that, even were there to be some deity, it wouldn't matter a fig to us. So we had better live our lives as if there's no God, and spend less time bickering about a question to which we can never answer

It is the belief that there are no Gods or God or a life after death. It is a belief whether you like it or not.

religion wil be almost gone in 2 generations, trust me.

If your goal is to spread Christianity then it certainly is easier if you act like a Christian yourself.

If you believe and you're right, you're good, if you happen to be wrong, well then at least you tried.

If you don't believe and you're right, you're fucked, and if you are wrong you're still fucked.

Look awesome white birth rates without Mormonism.

no its not. theism is a belief, atheism is not a belief whether you like it or not. Unless you are trying to claim that zero is a number and nothingness is something

If a particular norm is needed for society, then you should defend it on that basis, not on the basis of "muh tradition." Tradition doesn't mean jack shit, and it doesn't accomplish jack shit except hold back progress. Societies necessarily change as time goes by, and that has always been the case. Clinging desperately to "tradition" just because you fear that change is not an argument that is going to convince anyone who isn't afraid of it like you are.

The Seven deadly sins are the basis of Christianity and all moral flaws.

Pascal's wager. Ridiculous, nonsensical argument. Get a clue, kid.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

*tips fedora*

following these 3 wouldnt make you a bad person. those 3 are neutral.

Atheism is what they want you believe in. They want you to YOLO. They want you to be selfish as hell and fearful of death.

Go agnostic.