Why is HBO more expensive than Netflix when Netflix is obviously better?

Why is HBO more expensive than Netflix when Netflix is obviously better?

People are willing to spend more for HBO

Quality > Quantity

>paying

why do netflix literally pay people to post here?

one has Game of Thrones

I don't use any of the two.
But in the past HBO has at least produced some of the best TV ever. Although nowadays they suck.
On the other hand Netflix originals are garbage.

It's all about the brand identity HBO has built over the years. That's why people are willing to pay for overpriced Apple products.

GOT>all
/thread

A VPN is about $5 a month. With that, you can get literally everything for free, you don't need to subscribe to various online streaming services and get their fragmented service. Instead you just pay anti jew insurance and do whatever the fuck you want.

I just got Narcos S03, GoT S07, The Deuce (E01) and countless other movies and series just waiting to be watched.

1 penny buys 30 years of labor in india.

Yeah, but I'm a good person.

Ding ding ding.

Once GoT mania is over next year HBO will be desperate for another enormously popular hit show. Westworld may or may not become that show.

what do you mean by this?

*good goy

Netflix has barely any good shows.
The only one I like it was Season 1 of Daredevil, every other one I've tried has been shit. (Including season 2 of Daredevil)

Every time I say I pay for the media I consume, somebody types this low effort, no thought comment. I'm just not a thieving nigger. I enjoy paying for content I enjoy, because that's the only way it gets made. People sit on this board and complain that Hollywood only pumps out garbage, but they pirate every movie and show they watch. No wonder they don't make content that appeals to you.

>needing a VPN

Living in a third world shithole must be hell

HBO was always a popular service, either for previous successful shows like Sopranos/Sex and the City/etc or for the fact that they are usually the first to air blockbuster movies on TV
they'll be fine

Hmmm..... really makes you think

Why would anyone pay for Netflix? I've got my brothers 4K account on my TV and haven't turned it on in the better part of a 2 years. It's absolute garbage through and through.

HBO used to have great shows. Now it doesn't even have good shows.

dunno, ive only used Netflxi once for that free trial month but didnt feel the need to continue paying for it.
from all their shows i only kinda enjoyed stranger things and daredevil and i torrented them anyway

Both those shows ended a decade or more ago, and neither came close to being the ubiquitous cultural phenomenon that GoT is.

If you think HBO will be satisfied going back to smaller niche shows like Veep and Silicon Valley, you've got another think coming.

that makes zero sense, you think people in third worlds need vpns to pirate shit?

who exactly is gonna come after them?