Did it basically rip off Breaking Bad? It came out after it, after all. Michael De Santa is a lot like Walt...

Did it basically rip off Breaking Bad? It came out after it, after all. Michael De Santa is a lot like Walt, Trevor is a lot like Tuco, and Michael's son is basically Jesse. Franklin also has a somewhat Jesse-like role in the story, whilst the basic premise is the same except Michael has a previous history of crime which makes him intelligent, whilst Walt is inexperienced and gets his intelligence/world weariness from his academic career. Both have massive inferiority complexes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Ice_Cream_Wars,
youtube.com/watch?v=r5Yofx-6pXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its morle like any other hollywood movie. that was the point of the fucking game.

fucking wikipedia. go read. dont waste my time

It ripped off Heat which should be obvious to anyone who has seen it. You haven't seen it because you're a faggot

Oh it's a setup it's a setup it's a setup there's a

(no no we won't won't fall)
(no no we won't won't fall)

GTA used to do this. Vice City taking huge inspiration from Scarface (DePalma version) for example.

fucking retard

These connections are tenuous at best.

>It ripped off Heat which should be obvious to anyone who has seen it. You haven't seen it because you're a faggot

Yeah like one fucking scene. Maybe you should play it before talking like a retard?

literally every heist movie is built around the new guy, the old guy, and the wildcard.

it "rips-off" shitloads of heist movies like heat, point break, etc.
gta was always parodying movies in their setting, scarface and miami vice in VC, boyz n the hood and etc in San Andreas and so on

also, fuck Sup Forumseddit and their shitty contratian opinion, V was a great fucking game, its probably my favorite gta along with San Andreas

GTA IV was shit

people are calling 5 shit because they're comparing it to GTA:SA. Same reason the same people called 4 shit. Same reason every GTA is going to be shit.

nah, no one calls gta v shit, i think its the highest rated game in the series by critics and fans alike, Sup Forums is the only place that shits on it because its popular and NO FUN ALLOWED

people shit on V because online is trash that ruined reputation of a game

Did your guardians know you're using a computer? Autistic fuck.

V had godawful writing and mission structure. everything else was pretty good. IV is still overall a better game.

nothing beats VC's empire building though.

Please be bait please be bait please be bait

I'm right here, calling GTA5 shit. It was better than 4 but that bar is so low you can't trip over it. But it was so short that it being better than 4 is basically irrelevant.

the critics are paid and the fans aren't old enough to have played GTA:SA

San Andreas is terrible.
>t. Played the Xbox port of the iPhone port

well, im 25, im pretty much raised with GTA since GTA 2 and i loved the shit out of 5.
My second favorite game in the series after SA

This so much, online was a mistake.

GTA VC will always be the best because Vercetti is the best character and it still has the best radios.

and Ray Liotta voiced him, can't be anymore gangster than this.

GTA IV had better writing than V but they overdid it and it was too serious for 12 year olds. V's writing is very very bad and it feels like some teenager wrote it. That being said Trevor was better than expected still.

San Andreas is the best gta game ever, this is a fact.

Vice City had the best radios by far, V really surprised me with its tracks though and it takes the second place.

Rockstar completely focusing on online is a mistake and it showed everyone that R* isnt any different than other greedy game companies. V could have two single player expansion packs, it even could've been las venturas and san fierro.

not really since the point is Michael used to be a career criminal and tried to give it up, its not an everyman-to-criminal story

not everything about a criminal double life is breaking bad

GTAs are a clusterfuck of crime movie/tv references.

Yeah, except it's homage; and it's of multiple sources and genres of film.

particularly good example. Also, they borrowed Sean Penn's character in Carlito's Way as the shady lawyer. And took from a bunch of other movies. They even took a mission from the Glasgow Ice Cream Wars
(en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_Ice_Cream_Wars, youtube.com/watch?v=r5Yofx-6pXI

I got a strong Sopranos vibe from Michael and his family.