Wants French to be one of the three most spoken languages on Earth and return to international prominence

>Wants French to be one of the three most spoken languages on Earth and return to international prominence
Is he nuts? English is the language of business, internet, and programming. French will never replace it unless someone invents a way to quickly rewrite everything in the world at no cost. Mandarin is spoken by 1.3 billion Chinese people, and China is quickly becoming the world's most powerful nation. French is spoken only in France, Quebec, Haiti, and about a quarter of Africa, none of which are internationally prominent except for France. And Spanish is spoken by almost all of Latin America and much of the USA.

At best, French could rise to being the fourth most spoken language in the world, but it'll never be that important.

Attached: image-1263209-860_poster_16x9-wjxl-1263209.jpg (860x484, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l5Lk3pv20SY
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/padr.12037
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Inferior complex, many french suffer from this

mange de la merde pd

Yes, arrogant frenchman getting high off the fumes of his ass usual.

He is going to genocide the chinese and the poos in the loos

Based Jupiter.

he's trying to be the new napoleon but he forgets that napoleon was italian lmoa

>forgetting that French-speaking Africa will be the second most populated continent within 20 years

Why do ypu think we've been playing our shadow wars in Africa for the last 50 years you dum-dum? Billions upon billions spent backing X, toppling Y, funding Z, you can be sure we're getting that investment back.

>be German
>"waah we got left out of most of Europe's history "
>"let's start 2 wolrd wars to compensate :((((('

>be irrelevant
>claim France's achievements as your own
The eternal fate of the non-French Romance speaker.

Only a part of Africa speaks French. The rest speaks whatever random languages.

Napoleão Bonaparte was Portuguese.

Still, as it's the majority language within the continent, it's become the one of diplomacy that's used there.

He's also subverting English-speaking countries there.
>Ambassadors from Ghana and Nigeria – traditionally English-speaking Commonwealth countries – have also been invited to Tuesday’s speech, which will be attended by Goncourt prize-winning author Leïla Slimani, appointed Macron’s personal representative for Francophone affairs last year.

Attached: 300px-Francophone_Africa[1].png (300x323, 65K)

what a cheeky cunt

makes me realize its pretty strange to think that france used to be feared for its military prowess and brutality.
what went wrong? how the fuck people come to remember nothing about the country except for it being full faggotronian?

Are you talking about the famous Irishman Nap O'Leon MacBónapart?

>makes me realize its pretty strange to think that france used to be feared for its military prowess and brutality.
It still is bub.
>youtube.com/watch?v=l5Lk3pv20SY
People think we're one of the cruelest and most belligerent nations on Earth even now :^).

For you.

Attached: fa9512c41605326a160831d156b7070a[1].jpg (873x873, 84K)

Blame the mutts and " Der waar on muh Terror!". French surrender memes actually came into existence not during WW2, but in 2003 cause the frogs were thinking rationally by not joining in that stupid crusade.

Thank you.

>Is he nuts?
Not as nuts as you'd think. He's clearly ambitious but it's feasible.
>English is the language of business, internet, and programming. French will never replace it unless someone invents a way to quickly rewrite everything in the world at no cost.
I agree that it will most likely not replace English in much of the internet or tech. French is still a major language in business and especially diplomacy. Not that it will replace English but second is easily doable. I think even second would be a huge achievement.
>French is spoken only in France, Quebec, Haiti, and about a quarter of Africa, none of which are internationally prominent except for France.
None of which are prominent yet, but Africa's population is about to explode, and French is probably the main contender for an African Lingua Franca. France itself will become increasingly important within Europe, especially if Macron's movement sustains itself. He managed to get Germany to follow him, even from a weaker position as an upstart in a smaller nation, vs Merkel who's been a giant of Euro politics for over a decade. France is the only country in Europe with a healthy birthrate besides maybe us. They will possibly overtake Germany and be the main power in Europe in a few decades. Most of Europe is pissed off with Anglos atm, we're sick of Atlanticism and growing more eurocentric. The UK's ragequit and Italy's disfunctionality leaves no other contenders. France still has goodwill and a vision that is much more enticing than Germany can offer. France is the only country in Europe with active foreign policy goals outside of Eastern Europe and Turkey. Basically all of European foreign policy in Africa, the Middle East and much of Asia will be dictated by France. Germany may deal with economic issues and talk with China and India, but all else will be French.

Spanish meanwhile will decline unless it can catch on more in the US. Chinese isn't popular outside of China.

>At best, French could rise to being the fourth most spoken language in the world

Fun Fact: French speakers fewer than Korean speakers

Attached: most-common-languages+%281%29.png (750x726, 102K)

>egypt
>francophone

???????

hmm

Attached: 1497552236543.png (642x105, 12K)

>France is the only country in Europe with active foreign policy goals outside of Eastern Europe and Turkey. Basically all of European foreign policy in Africa, the Middle East and much of Asia will be dictated by France. Germany may deal with economic issues and talk with China and India, but all else will be French.
Very interesting post, just thought I'd breeze by to say that.

>Chinese isn't popular outside of China.
Well just for the sake of arguing, I will say that China has a pretty sizeable diaspora in Asia, with the upper class in Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, etc... usually hailing from China. So China is pretty popular in that sense, though I doubt it will be an Asian lingua frnca anytime soon.

Well it's the right attitude for a leader of a nation to take.
That said the only use for French is to sound "exotic" to girls in nations too far away to have any actual experience with France.

>Germany may deal with economic issues and talk with China and India
Germany might not even get to do that considering Macron is fostering close ties between France and India.
Pretty crazy how his presidency has been flawless so far.

le retardieu

French arrogance and wilful delusion is impenetrable. They actually think if you just order people to speak French, it will somehow vault to first place. They don't get it and they probably never will.

t. Alberto Bonaparte

around 5% of egyptian speak French as a third language IIRC

Good point, but it's spoken by Chinese minorities within those countries and not anyone else. Even Singapore uses English as a Lingua Franca

It was a partly Francophone colony until they relinquished it so we'd have claims to Morrocco. Hence the Suez canal being French-built and all.

And the upper class has stuck with French somehow.

>They actually think if you just order people to speak French, it will somehow vault to first place
Worked with England lmao.

No of course, and these are old families, some not even referring to their Chinese lineage save to appear "superior" racially, but they don't actually bother with Mandarin.

So to be relativized.

And Japan will never learn that happen.

Nah fuck off m8 Napoleon is Irish. Since the Brits can't send anymore prisoners to America because of 1776 they had to dumb him into France, and the rest is history.

>France is the only country in Europe with a healthy birthrate besides maybe us
No maybe about it our birthrate is fine. It was higher than France's around 2011 but it's still very close. Our population growth is still stunted though from our massive emigration rates.

>France is the only country in Europe with a healthy birthrate
retard

>retard
retard

>They actually think if you just order people to speak French, it will somehow vault to first place
mo aghaidh nuair

>white birthrates are at or below displacement levels
>niggers shit out 5 kids
thats why the birth rates in france are the way they are
i wish it was french people that maintained the higher birth rates but it isnt

Who is this moslem and why we should care Muhammad? No more aid 4 Africa and he has to go back, Europe should start killing moors and niggers just like South Africa do with white people

interesting how you manage to get stats that do not exist

well ethnic statistics are illegal in france aren't they?
use common sense instead

Ah yes, the common sense and everyday experience of someone who lives on the other side of the planet.

I've read that France started degenerating culturally and losing its relevance as early as the beginning of the 20 century. No wonder it has 'shat away all polymers'. No one wants to side with nigguh-loving losers now. Wake up, Macron, you've soiled yourself.

Attached: dege.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>Inferior complex
Napoleon complex actually, but yes, it's vane foly

I see my fellow compatriot sees it as well

>Napoleon complex
thats literally a british propaganda term

isn't the public sector on strike or something? he's probably just doing typical politician stuff and trying to distract people

He wants to privitize our railways, the unions are just having an uproar, it'll blow over.
Sup Forums is talking about the language thing way too much, while its not talked about a lot here.

So what? I don't think many people would understand megalomania

Napoleon was actually American

Did you mean Napoleotzin Buenaparte?

>i wish it was french people that maintained the higher birth rates but it isnt.
Birth rates plummet in 2nd gen migrants, to below the native level. There are a handful of people who have 5 kids, and then tonnes of childless unemployed men. Natives have a lot of steady 2 child families

based hong kong

source
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/padr.12037

Macron is pure fucking neoliberal
>Everyone on earth is a fucking retard and need to be ruled over by a rational evidence based policy understanding mind like myself.

Throw that in with French inferiority complex and god complex when it comes to Africa and you got Macron.

>Why do ypu think we've been playing our shadow wars in Africa for the last 50 years you dum-dum? Billions upon billions spent backing X, toppling Y, funding Z, you can be sure we're getting that investment back.

Then why has France sabotaged pretty much every African country from developing? China is doing a far, far better job in winning hearts and minds in Africa and countries aligning with it are developing fast and learning chinese fast.

>lets put it all on black(unironically)

what did france mean by this

>being this delusional
when the emperor takes washington using his loyal quebec allies you will be forced to speak french
Doesnt count L2 speakers.
Its only counting native speakers, if you add non native speakers, then english and french will increase by a lot

POURQUOI NE PARLEZ-VOUS PAS EN FRANÇAIS?

Attached: macron-gif-2.gif (580x588, 405K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-22-19-17-17.jpg (653x1080, 133K)

China doesn't have this colonial past. A lot of people are still butthurt in Africa. They will realize about China in the next years though. I mean, China brings a fuckton of Chinese workers to Africa to build things there, who the fuck can accept this?

>Is he nuts ? How can he believe that things could change
Say the guy from a country that is 250 yo and which started to be relevant only 70years ago, and which influence is already starting to crumble.

Attached: 1519822108115.jpg (850x901, 121K)

this
Americans are brainwashed

Even German is a more importanr language in europe than france.

>most spoken language in the EU
>german economy better than french economy
>most of eastern europe speaks it instead of french

holy shit

Attached: 1478492683604.jpg (746x500, 102K)

none of this will matter when you're flooded with a trillion niggers

>inferiority
French people have a superiority complex more than anything else.

Why are all English speakers ITT so visibly butt devastated?

Just wait until Biden beats up our president in the White House parking lot and takes over. We're going back to the top.

Also he is completely unable to understand relationships at all and how many Africans are not exactly jumping with joy in his "new" polices on top of him being oblivious to that French aura of superiority and URGE to establish a heir achy it can control.

He means the American, Nathan Poller Bonnet-part.

Also a complete negligence of agency. What will happens when Africans switch to English as continental markets become more connected or there's resurgence in indigenous languages being used in education for certain/all subjects?

I know you all like to meme about this but he just said he wanted it to become the third language, and he probably doesn't actually care about it

>says the german
OH NONONO

Holy shit, I had no idea.

No he's not nuts, he's just saying that to please french people and increase his popularity.

>China doesn't have this colonial past

Brah yoy(France) have been balls deep in Africa post colonialism.

>China brings a fuckton of Chinese workers to Africa to build things there

No that dropped off pretty big in recent times and most Chinese workers return.

>who the fuck can accept this?

You think China is the only country non ex-imperial investing in Africa? Man you are ignorant as fuck. The reason people get mad at China in the west is because they feel FUCKING ENTITLED that their nation should be the only ones to engage/trade in Africa.

>flag
every fucking time

>Implying french know about this news

It was more an international news, in France everyone talks about the workers strike since days

Because of the China thing?

Protip there are more chinese in France than in Canada. About 2 millions here

You're forgetting one thing - Africa is irrelevant and will be for the foreseeable future.

>as the beginning of the 20 century.
End of the 18th, actually.

Nice troll

>er sagt auf Englisch

African here. I want to learn Chinese because I realize that it will be the future. Best way to learn characters?

Attached: The+black+russian+disagrees+_1a6afcc83b7c9cda9854174b380870e8.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

This is true. Fuck the west.

How do I learn French? I used to study it in middle school but I haven't, obviously, reached any serious progress with it.

How is this going to happen? Pretty much no one studies french or consumes french media. Even japan and korea are more relevant in the west
>but muh africa
no one cares

The funny thing is that so much other nations are investing in it but no one gives 2 shits about it but when it's China they sperg on about it and act like China's interactions with African nations is a recent thing.

Worst is when they go "but China will enable dictators and authoritarianism+corruption" which is so stupid that you lose brain cells because it ignores all the shit that western states that supported corruption, had a hand in despots retaining power and other bullshit like funding/helping instability like selling guns to South Sudan.

The issue with French-speaking Africa is that eventually they will split off from France's brand of French and if they get enough cultural influence overtime (and French African music is pretty popular) France will lose control of it''s own language as the Dark Contient's people change the language to suit their own needs and daily life.

Well, the french historically tended to reject foreign words and come up with their own words but since quite some time they have been doing the opposite and adopt particularly english words. Nowadays they say shit like le week-end. I think Macron is trying to adress that, particularly in relation to the Interwebz and business.

French's biggest problem is its refusal to modernize and adapt. That is why it will never be a lingua franca (the irony) again. There's so many fucked up things about it, at least the Belgians fixed the numbers.

Attached: 1501944216133.png (255x230, 32K)

>>Africa is irrelevant
>An incredibly resource rich continent is irrelevant

Attached: 1502226187604.jpg (243x251, 13K)

>the frogs were thinking rationally by not joining in that stupid crusade.

Then why did France come under so much terrorist attack from muslims?

A continent without infrastructure can have whatever kind of natural resources, but will still be irrelevant.
There's barely governments, barely nations. "Name an African country" "Oh yeah it doesn't go by that name anymore".
No one has real faith to invest in Africa. Going there has led to fighting, wars. Yeah we'll get the Uranium and fuck off. Investing there has shown the local populace lazy and uneducated; see meme documentary.

There's reasons for this, I'm not pointing any fingers. But the mess it is in makes it largely irrelevant, who would want to get involved in all that shit.
We'll see the situation in 50 years, but I doubt much will change, even with WW3 starting before that.

Attached: 1471893398518.jpg (720x540, 185K)

The funniest thing is that they fucked it up even moreso not that long ago.
During the Renaissance the French got booty-bothered about how much Germanic influence had gotten into their language and decided they had to go back to their latin roots.
This made French the fucked up abortion of a language that it is today.

Because the next president came back to NATO and to doing US dirty laundry in sandpeople's lands.

This is relevant, sure, but English (and other languages) have already established themselves. It's counterproductive and costly to redo things that English already covers (particularly in tech) so Africa will just be learning English/Mandarin for pragmatic purposes.

Good post, when international companies make business in Africa, they have to hire a shit ton of people just to make sure they will get paid, and they can't even trust governments to pay them

esse mein scheisse franzl lang ja ja ja

>Name an African country" "Oh yeah it doesn't go by that name anymore".

That only applies to the DRC and Zimbabwe.

>see meme documentary.

They hired random ass men with no qualifications. of course the work will be shit.

>No one has real faith to invest in Africa

Investment is ramping up pretty fast though with tech centres developing and more investment. Just because you want to ignore the reality of economic changes in the developing world doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Said companies often try to dodge and scam their way to avoid taxes lol.