Will he go down as the last big fantasy author?

Will he go down as the last big fantasy author?

>last
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha no
>big
His books will fall into obscurity in a decade. The show will be his enduring legacy. Nobody wants to read a series with only 5/7 planned books out.

The iconic fantasy author from this era is obviously Rowling, with the titanic success of Harry Potter, and in traditional high fantasy I think Malazan and First Law will age well. The jury is out on Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series because only 2 books of a planned 10 are out. It seems great though. I might also throw a bone to the Kingkiller Chronicles if the author doesn't inject too much autism into the final book.

Fuck no. This tub of shit will be eternally overshadowed in quality by Steven Erikson

obesity rates are going up, surely a future fantasy writer will also be big

Based Malazan anons

Wise words my man

I unironicaly hope those greedy Hollywood fucks will never try to explore these books.

>big
yes his massive bulk with never be beaten.

fantasy is huge in young adult literature so no

in a couple of decades everyone will call him overrated

theyre calling him overweight so far

Isn't Malazan a let's play of some english nerd's roleplaying campaign? Except this snowflake Erikson properly felt norse retellings were too normie so his answer was going hipster byzantine.

Nope. His stories are magnicificent. ASOIAF has so many POV characters with so many being very different yet still very fleshed out and believable. ASOIAF will always be known as that fantasy with really strong characters. I just hope people don't confuse the books with the fanfic TV series.

Hollywood director here. Thank you for notifying me of another author's work we can use for a cash grab. First the dark tower series and now ericksons work. Tell me, what is his best work we can make money off?

does it have medieval fantasy setting? and is it kind of a soap opera like game of thrones?

Once Game of Thrones wraps up, I have two hopes:
1. There will be a revival of science fiction and fantasy in Hollywood and on TV
2. Someone will redo GoT TV show after Martin finishes and follow the source material much more closely (preferably with Martin doing some of the writing, or at least signing off on it).

>Someone will redo GoT TV show after Martin finishes and follow the source material much more closely (preferably with Martin doing some of the writing, or at least signing off on it).
will never happen. Sure, show isn't the best adaptation of the books, but it's not to the point where a remake has to be made

>last
Whay would he? Is the end of time approaching?

>big
Only if he delivers quality on the last two books before his heart explodes.

>68
>extremely fat
>extremely lazy
he'll die before finishing the next book, and i'll laugh at fans who'll be stuck with dumb&dumber's shitty ending

It's all his endings anyway I think. He's given them the major plot points he has planned out and they just interpret the rest

Do you think people don't want to make money?

GoT remake will happen in less than 10 years

that wouldn't make any money, dullard. good luck getting normies to watch your book show

Like the X-men and Spider Men reboots aren't making any money, right, stupid fuck?

You're an absolute fucking retard. I'm not questioning the profitability of reboots in general, I'm questioning the profitability of a reboot of Game of Thrones based more closely on the books, which would be too boring and complex for normies to watch and thus not generate enough income to cover the enormous amount of money it would produce to produce it.

He will go down as a greasy lardass kike hack

>His books will fall into obscurity in a decade.

Bollocks. The fame of the show will keep his books alive, regardless of quality.

>complex

C'mon user, you don't really think his books are complex do you? Having lots of useless characters/plotlines, strictly so you can kill them off as edgy as possible, does not make for complex story telling.

the show will fall into obscurity in less than a decade

It's about as big as LOTR was. Season 7 finale of 12m viewers. It's even bigger than Lost and all the other hits of the last decade.

>implying Rothfuss is ever going to finish the Kingkiller Chronicles

its was bigger than frodo series

>GoT remake will happen in less than 10 years
If Martin finishes the books, it'll happen with a few years of that.

Think Full Metal Alchemist / Brotherhood.

>implying he should

He's a shit writer. The first book is practically a harry potter ripoff. The second book was an abortion of epic proportions. I've never understood how people thought he was the "next big thing" in fantasy.