$14.5 billion Apple tax dodge

how is there no thread about this?

youtube.com/watch?v=RB0qYXgA9u8

fortune.com/2016/08/31/irish-cabinet-more-time-apple-appeal/

>Finance Minister Michael Noonan said Tuesday he “disagreed profoundly” with the Commission’s order that Apple AAPL 0.34% should hand over to Ireland unpaid taxes of up to 13 billion euros ($14.5 billion) ruled to be illegal state aid.

how is the irish finance minister this cucked? will the EU accomplish to destroy one of their (((globalist))) tricks?

The money is going to a private company and not funding the white genocide EU. Fuck the EC commission and fuck the EU. Our countries have no sovereignty anymore.

will the jews be pissed realising the EU is coming for their money because of this while they hoped to make extra profits?

Did some Germ faggot call someone cucked just now? Did that just happen?

WEW

because the right wing retards of Sup Forums are nothing but corporate america's useful idiots. Nothing more.

>how is the irish finance minister this cucked?
Because it was our plan in the first place. It attracts foreign investment. And it makes the revenue commission look unreliable if tax arrangements they promised get overturned at EU level without being fought against at the very least.

nice graph. Now adjust for inflation.

>Kike detected

Pay your taxes

>Britbong wants his billion pound emergency bailout loan paid back early.
not this time bongfriend :^)

On Sup Forums basically everybody calls everybody else cucked.

Cucked has no meaning whatsoever.

Fucking potato niggers are stealing thousands of murican jobs because their government actually isn't composed of traitorous Jewish communist scumbag idiots.

When Trump is elected those jobs are coming back here.

Fuck Ireland.

Why are Canadians so retarded?

>worlds most cucked country says "cucked" doesn't mean anything
big shock there desu

Based Canadian Poster?

Going full Greece potato bro?

Not yet. We're high debt, but without the shit economy. We're doing quite well on that side of things actually.

Why couldn't the EU close the loophole rather than changing a deal that has already been agreed to bu the larties involved. Fucking money grab...

I pretty much expect this from shart in mart Amerifats.

But fellow Europeans being this blue pilled and being corporate whore pains me to no end.

From what i gather, the EU competition commissioner (or whatever it's called) says the ruling we made that allowed Apple to not register much of it's profit in Ireland was illegal at the time it was made.

Still pretty shitty. Hope we can get that shit over turned.

>Be in Ireland
>Comply with Irish tax law
>"""Illegal Tax Benefits"""
>Ireland itself says Apple followed the law
I don't see the problem. They are just doing this because every the EU is greedy and wants their cut.

Yep. Nice to see the US government behind us on this. Will be an interesting appeal.

>listen to NPR the other year
OY FUCKING VEY LISTEN TO THIS IRISH TAX LOOPHOLE WHAT A SHAM!
>listen to NPR yesterday
OY FUCKING VEY APPLE IS USING THIS IRISH TAX LOOPHOLE AND NOW THAT WE TOLD THE GOYIM IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN YEARS AGO ITS TIME FOR THE GOYIM TO PAY

>>Ireland itself says Apple followed the law
>tax haven siding with corporations

wew

> cucked country

Please explain. I don't understand you.

Big mean EU bullies Ireland into reneging the legit contract she negotiated with an American business against her will. Irish brexit when?

Nobody's talking about it because apple isnt going to pay

>be sovereign country with own set of tax laws
>charge lower taxes to attract business
>instead of lowering taxes to remain competitive, other countries cry "Muh Tax Haven!"

These governments need to adapt or deal with it.

NPR informed me that the goyim will pay and that it's all our fault.

Basically allowing yourself to get utter fucked by swarms of violent muslims. They aren't even fighting to get in, you're just inviting them. It doesn't matter how much they rape your people, you just keep letting them in.

Also luxemburg is a way fucking bigger tax haven than ireland will ever be, but the EU won't go after them because lots of germans keep their money there.

Stop being such a bigoted hater, paddy. Ireland is also quintessentially a muz job. Stop denying your heritage.

Apple's litigation strategy:

Throw mountains of lawsuits at the party who's suing you.

When those are dismissed, claim that you made the tech first.

When that's proven wrong, claim that you made it better.

When that's proven wrong, say, well everyone uses it so whatever.

They're one of the scummiest American corps in existence right now.

Almost sounds like a typical wall st. house. No wonder the jews are arguing over whether or not it's best for the goyim to have to pick up the tab.

not yet. We're not nearly as bad as the UK yet. I intend to enjoy it while it lasts.

example?

What is this brackets meme?

Ireland is a parasite upon the rest of the EU

Android is still shit mate

What are you even talking about? He's trying to preserve a deal he made in the first place.

How is going against what the EU is telling us to do cucked?

>>be sovereign country with own set of tax laws
more like
>be member of the EU
>violate EU law

>nstead of lowering taxes to remain competitive, other countries cry "Muh Tax Haven!"

>tax competition

0.05 shekels have been deposited into your account

It's me!

Forgot about this thread.

What's the point of being an EU member if not to be a parasite?

because he's working for the (((off shore sector)))

A few quotes from Sup Forums threads today. Unfortunately, your definition doesn't make them more coherent.

#NeverTrump faggots who are assmad they got cucked out of control of the GOP

Just got banned from the sub on the grounds of being antisemitic for literally just saying Soros is a Jew. Even on the most right winged part of Reddit, Reddit is still cucked.

Why do muslim women in France like Black men so much?

Is this the reason why you smelly manlet Ahmeds are so angry all the time because you are cucked?

To any Irish bro's reading, we're sorry about the potato thing, Cromwell was a dickhead, we're sorry for Bloody Sunday. We love you. Fuck the EU, come and join us in a low tax sterling utopia where you don't have to answer to any fucking Belgians. We'll even add a bit of green to the union Jack. What do you say?

No, he's working to keep thousands of Irish people employed and to receive 1% of Apple profits rather than the 0% we'll get if they fuck off elsewhere.

I'm in. We can be a family again : 3

Yeah they should just leave the EU at this point. When unelected officials start trying to rewrite their laws and enforce them against their members consent that is when it is time to leave. I'm still glad the UN has no real ability to enforce anything they enact.

Don't give in to their theocracy, however. Only the power of the Church stands against these Venetians.

>takes a shit on apple and calls it a strudel.

Alright but I'm not bowing for the queen

>(((off shore sector)))

It's a company that costs us nothing to have here and employs a few thousand people. It's the whole point of having low tax rate. If anything we're cucking the EU by ignoring their tax laws and telling their ruling to fuck off

Retireland when?

Yep. I'll they'll want to fix their muslim problem before I'd consider a union too.

deal. This actually doesn't look as bad as I thought it might…

>no orange people
I LIKE IT

>€1 million profit Apple makes, it paid €500 in taxes
>€500 in taxes
>€500

Well, Apple deserves it. There's nothing "anti-American" about this.

Not our fucking fault though. We tax the value they create in ireland, not in other countries. That's OECD norm. Apple just have sneaky ways of registering their profit in other countries for 0% tax.

EU is mad because they feel out laws should have been different and want to retroactively change them.

I think I'm going to vomit,

Actually it looks like someone beat me to it, all over the Union Flag.

>>deffending kikel

jesus.

I don't defend kikel, but the EU ruling is not about Kikel being kikes. It's about them not liking an irish law that was pretty damn legal as far as i can see, and saying it was illegal. Retroactively illegal.

We struggled hard for our current tax regime.

We're not going to give it up by setting a precedent and accepting the money.

Oh, someone jealous because WE HAVE JOBS?

yeah this. Amerifats will die deffending muh trickle down effect, and their corporationism. Meanwhile they are getting ever so poorer and slowly leting the middle class erode away.

Is that because you're in the EU???

>the EU says Ireland gave Apple illegal tax benefits
What gives the EU the right to decide that a nation's own decision to do something is illegal? This pisses me off. Can't wait for the EU to die.

>Thinks attracting foreign investment and jobs to your country with tax incentives is cucked.

Europe is truly full of retards.

Apple is a big strong international company. Silly words like "foreign" do not apply except when it comes to secret rabbinical incoporation documents that say it technically is homed in this country or that one.

Nope, we don't tax our companies that much. Companies come over, we get jobs! Maybe you guys should try it

iN WICH THREAD ARE YOU CURRENTLY?

Couldn't agree with you more. The EU should have no control over what we as a country do. If we want to decrease corporate tax, then by fucking God we will!

Nice shitpost!

>Shilling for a supranational bureaucracy.
>Calling others jewish

Nice one, aquafresh.

>t's a company that costs us nothing to have here
except it means you missa taxes from the companes in Ireland that actually do business there

Which perform better due to low taxes

tbf pretty much every tech company is doing some variation of this. You can't say Apple is awful and act like Microshaft is any better.

Every major international company does that. It's the cost of doing business.

That's what makes it so ridiculous when they say "oy vey Trump exploited the laws a few times what a dishonest cheat!" People who say that are just demonstrating their incapacity to understand reality.

That's not a shitpost. It's literally 100% exactly what's happening. Apple saves billions of profit by being in Ireland.

The money would be going to the Irish state not the EU.

I'm in a few why.

this 1 kinda died down

>

Nah, if it's paid it has to go directly to paying off debt. IE, paying off debt from german banks.

>except it means you missa taxes from the companes in Ireland that actually do business there

We had a good 30 years of a protectionist economy. And it was a complete disaster. This is the best solution for this country m8

>Ireland is fucking over every other EU country and Apple's competitors.

Hurr durr, how dare the EU intervene.

The fuckers are after me pot of gold.

And how exactly are we doing that?

>Implying the rest of Europe is suffering because Ireland is succeeding

Are you retarded or something?

He's just a game theorist, like schizophrenic John Nash.

It was in todays newspaper, but isn't that pretty much normal practice with big corporations like that in the EU? Same with Amazon.

They've been doing it in Luxembourg for so long that it's basically established practice. But it wouldn't do to poke into the tax matters of Luxembourg since that's where the Brussels crowd do their taxes.

Sounds like next time there's another clamor to "harmonize" our laws or whatever newspeak it is, or whatever the next treaty is, we should point out that Luxembourg must lead the way and do it first.

What is your media feeding you with to be so shortsided? You still need to pay off debt, only without apple moneyz it will all come from your own pockets.

>are you retarded?
you must be, any other company operating in the eu has an unfair disadvantage because they have to pay taxes while apple doesn't

No shit, and we can afford to pay it from our own pockets easier than we can pay it off with apple's tax money and a discredited reputation among multinationals. The whole reason behind having low corporate tax is to encourage investment. Lots of investment is why we are in high debt but are not at risk of default because the markets trust us to be able to pay it off.

Shit holes like Slovenia wouldn't understand.

Why do they have an unfair disadvantage? They can move to Ireland if they want Ireland's low tax rate. What's unfair?

By impeding other EU countries from collecting taxes from Apple

>the tax treatment in Ireland enabled Apple to avoid taxation on almost all profits generated by sales of Apple products in the entire EU Single Market

Why would we be charging tax on sales in europe? Shouldn't those countries be charging those taxes?

This is the one thing where the EU is undeniably Great, the courts Love consumers rights and are not afraid to fuck with giant corporations. The Intel and Microsoft cases were Savage and I Love how EU citizens are not bound by EULAS because the Court made the Common Sense call that nobody reads that shit

Because Apple records all sales in Ireland rather than in the countries where the products were sold.