Anyone else get one yet? I got mine yesterday and saw Good Time...

anyone else get one yet? I got mine yesterday and saw Good Time. probs gonna catch The Big Sick and Baby Driver over the long weekend.

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/how-does-moviepass-make-money-2017-8
fortune.com/2017/08/15/netflix-cofounder-moviepass/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Got mine a few days back, already used it a couple times. Going to see Good Time tonight.

I thought of getting one but I can't help but think you'll get stuck in a long term contract and in a month or two movie theaters will stop taking them or there will be some sort of legal action that stops them from working. Then moviepass will declare bankruptcy, and subscribers are screwed and swindled

It's a monthly fee, you literally can cancel it whenever you want. Even if that does happen, I'll just move on and be glad I got a few months of free movies.

Nice, enjoy it man. It's a great ride. What have you seen?
You can opt out of the program at any time and it'll cancel after that monthly billing cycle is over. Also, they've guaranteed the price model for at least 1 year from the customer's point of purchase. Theaters are legally obligated to take the card because it's a completely legitimate form of payment through MoviePass's partnership with MasterCard. The only reason theaters are pissed is because they don't think the model is sustainable due to the absurdly low price (which is a valid concern) and they think it'll hurt moviegoing in the long run as customers get used to paying $10/mo for essentially unlimited movie viewings and don't want to return to the ~$15/viewing model after MoviePass goes belly up.

All in all, take advantage of it for as long as you can, user. It's outstandingly efficient if you go at least once a month or roughly eight times a year (assuming the average ticket costs $15).

So how does the card work? You swipe it and it charges MoviePass but all you ever pay is the monthly $10?

Yeah, MoviePass literally pays the full price of the ticket for you while you pay MoviePass $10/mo for them to take care of you.

You can use it once a day on any non-3D/IMAX showings, but there are obviously easy ways to bypass that restriction. I'm tempted to go see Dunkirk again since I live near the largest IMAX screen in North America.

What about normal showings that have recliner seats or Dolby? How do you bypass the restriction?

How does MoviePass plan on making a profit. At some places using it once a month is a loss

Yeah, it'll work for those. I think both of those things are standard by now, anyway.

If you want to see a movie in IMAX, just go on a day where you know it won't be sold out (or on a day like a week+ after release if you want a good seat), buy a ticket for another movie, and then go see the IMAX movie.

Alternatively, if your theater doesn't do reserved seating, then just go to the IMAX showing whenever you want by paying for another movie with a similar showtime. Chances are slim that literally every seat in the house will be taken and theaters definitely won't check everyone's tickets to find out which asshole snuck in.

businessinsider.com/how-does-moviepass-make-money-2017-8

fortune.com/2017/08/15/netflix-cofounder-moviepass/

They lessen the hit by selling your metadata to advertisers and by customers who have the subscription but will forgot or not watch many movies.

But mainly they're trying to build a critical mass of customers so they can then strong arm the movie theaters and studios into giving them a cut of their profits.

Not getting one because you have to wait in line with the normies. I only go to the cinema if I can reserve tickets at least 5 days in advance

>they're trying to build a critical mass of customers so they can then strong arm the movie theaters and studios into giving them a cut of their profits
How do you think they'll pull that off? Obviously the metadata plays a role as MoviePass will have unprecedented insights on the moviegoing demographic's buying patterns, but how will that cause theaters and studios to want to partner with them? I can see them also paying for the data, but not more than that. I see this possibly having a similar level of consequence as Rotten Tomatoes on swaying customers to buy tickets, but in different ways and at a different pace (much faster).

I like going to matinees, personally, so it's perfect for me.

>How do you think they'll pull that off?

If they have millions of users they can steer them to the theaters of their choosing. AMC doesn't play ball? Limit the Movie Pass at select AMC theaters. Drive all that business to their competition where possible.

AMC has to play ball unless they want to try and take on MasterCard and that just isn't going to happen with movie chains struggling already.

I hear ya, though. This definitely makes them more vulnerable and MasterCard can take advantage of that. They may just do preferential (e.g. handsomely paid for) sponsorships regardless of theaters resisting them if this thing gets big enough.

>2017
>wanting to see contemporary movies

Gotta watch movies made for IMAX in IMAX, my guy.

>2017
>wanting to see contemporary IMAX movies

I saw a re-release of The Spy Who Loved me and Dark Tower

Got mine yesterday but haven't had the time to go see a movie yet. probably gonna see Dunkirk first.

got mine yesterday as well, gonna use it tomorrow i think.

movie theaters can't stop accepting the card because it's just a MasterCard and it violate the movie theater's contract with the card company.

shill, shill, shill, senora

shill it all the time

I want this in the UK

there are events at the theaters near me where they show old movies and this works for those

lol 2bh I probably am shilling it. It's too good to not tell my good anons about.

yo good time is incredible

mooltipass?

Actually just got mine today- stoked to try it tomo- i will be seeing blockbuster shit i would otherwise not care to see. Spiderman, Atomic Blonde, etc.

>Movies are too expensive!
>here now they're 10 bucks all u can see isnt that amazing?
>shill reeeeeeeee

Yes, I'm happy to get the better end of a deal with the Jews. Throw some more memes this way, stormtrooper.

Reminder that you can make money off this.

>Go to the store and get 5, 3 dollar Mastercard and put 10 dollars on each one
>Make 5 accounts and pay for the cards
>Get the cards and head over to your theater
>Buy tickets to movies you think people want to watch
>Sell the tickets to people outside waiting in line for three dollars less than what it costs
Laugh yourself all the way to the bank. Been doing this for two weeks now.

imagine being this small-time

I should probably step it up to 10 cards soon desu

Alright, I can respect the hustle. Good stuff, user. Consider at least moving up to weed, though.

But weed is illegal, I don't want to go to jail.

A smart fella like you? I'm sure you know how to be discreet.

I honestly do know lots of druggies, would not be hard. But most of them are shit people so they would probably snitch on me.

I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your endeavors, user. I'm gonna get comfy and watch It Comes At Night.