/Buyfag General/

Post your shelves and recent purchases.

What are you reading and what are you looking forward to?

[1/3]

[2/3]

[3/3]

On an X-Men kick at the minute.

LCS just restocked the Claremont omnibuses and they're tempting me every time I go in there.

Only ever watched the first two films and that was back when they first came out, so curious to see how the series went. £15 for the 7 felt like a steal. Rewatched the first one tonight and it was pretty solid, but nothing special.

ohhhh pal, after X2 things get reallly shitty for a couple movies, then slightly less shitty for the rest.

Pick up some beers for The Last Stand, you're gonna need it.

Nice collection.

I am looking forward to the Ms Marvel Omnibus. I've read the first tpb but nothing else.

I have half of the same books/editions you do, and of the other half about 75% of them are on my to-buy list if theyre still available when i have the money.

are you me? etc.

This week I got

Platinum End vol 1
Sweetness and lightning vol 1 and 2
I am a hero vol 2
Monster Girl Encyclopedia vol 1
Psycome vol 2

no comics this week

My recent buys

Some new Marvel shit popped up on Amazon & Hatchette for next year
>The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl OHC Vol. 2
>Black Panther OHC Vol 1
>Avengers Epic Collection vol. 3: Masters of Evil
>Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection: The Goblin's Last Stand
>Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete Collection
>Ms. Marvel OHC Vol. 3
>Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Erik Larsen Omnibus
>Spider-Man's Tangled Web Omnibus
>Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection vol 17: Kraven's Last Hunt
>Young Avengers by Allen Heinberg & Jim Cheung: The Children's Crusade

>Black Panther OHC Vol 1
This of the Coates run?

yes

I have all three omnis. They're awesome.
Excited for Kirby BP HC; The second ASM omni; and Moebius HCs.
Reading pic related in the car waiting on some one.

My shelves are all boxed up while I get ready for my move next month, but I got these in today. Feels good man.

The pumpkin pie soda is pretty awful though.

>Iron Man: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete Collection

NICE

Incoming shitty photo! All from the salvation army.

>d Moebius HC
Yeah My next IST order will be Moebius and Prince of Cats

What am I in for lads?

New books. I'm disappointed that American Blood isn't in color. His garish coloring serves his art well. On the flipside, I really like the colors in Demon. Much better than the webcomic version.

marra's old comics were always in b/w, I think Blades and lazers used two tone but that's about it

Hey guys, need some advice. I'm trying to collect all of Lucifer, but the trades are kind of a bitch to track down. I found the first two in a used book store, now I'm thinking of switching to Omnis. What Omni do I start with if I left off right after Lucifer had created his own reality in the Void? Volume 2?

>Moebius and Prince of Cats collections this week

muh wallet

1/3

2/3

Yeah. I was going to really slim down my backlog before buying anything new but this week got me. I just put in an order for both of those and Anya Davidson's Band For Life.

3/3

Storefag here, we bought a bunch of second hand graphic novels recently

>Sheltered
I've always wanted to check this out. The premise sounded pretty cool.

Good read, I kept this and some other cool image bits for myself, artwork is good if a little inconsistent in some places, but that's to be expected in these kind of books.

I can recommend Nailbiter on the image stuff too, we stock it but I hadn't read past volume 1 and it's pretty solid.

Latest purchases. Got super lucky on the Shang Chi variant.

Seconding nailbiter, especially in October

We have so much Master of Kung Fu in the store, I've never read it, recommended?

If you're into 70s kung-fu stuff it's amazing. Whatever the Asian equivalent of Blaxpoitation is. It's also pretty racist in case that kind of stuff triggers you.

Kek, I read quite a bit of old Luke Cage stuff so I'm not fussed, it was so fun.

Skip The Last Stand.

Download the Origins: Wolverine workprint. It's far superior to the theatrical/home release.

After those two you should be in the clear.

No pics yet, but I'm just starting to get into Superman, so I just ordered

>Birthright
>Death of Superman
>Earth One vol 1/2/3
>All Star Superman
>Luthor

My next order will have Red Son, Kingdom Come, and probably American Alien.

The Fade Out was great... does that hardcover have all the backup articles? because those were wonderful

Just search for it on amazon and other places like instocktrades.com and if its available its available.... otherwise you're looking at buying used off ebay.

thats just the way she goes...

>Download the Origins: Wolverine workprint. It's far superior to the theatrical/home release.

how high are you?

I've only read OMWOT and Blades & Lazers so I wasn't aware.

Doesn't look like it. There is one essay by Devin Faraci and pieces on each creator's process (research, art, coloring).

Pretty sure Brubaker has said they will never fully collect the back up material in the trades for any of his projects with Phillips, he wants to reward the people who buy single issues

noice

One of the best long running comics of all time.

I've actually found the Omnibuses on Amazon, they're about the same price as the trades used and actually seem to be cheaper new.
I'm just wondering which Omnibus to start with. It seems like vol.2 starts off where I left off, but I'm not 100% sure.

bump

>Monster Girl Encyclopedia Vol 1

I had no idea that was ever printed in book form. I need to get it

Alright, this is what I have on my wishlist right now
- Survivors Club: The Complete Series
- X-Statix vol.1
- The Legend of Luther Strode
- All-Star Section 8
- Vision vol. 1
- Mind MGMT vol. 1
Which one should I spring for first?

Just get the X-Statix omnibus, it's one of the cheapest ones out there

It's still like, 150.00 where I am. I'll take the tpb off the list and save up then.

They've even updated the art on some of the older profiles.

Vol 1 isn't even the start of the run, it starts in an X Force trade I think

Anyone got any opinions on Roots of the Swamp Thing?

Stories a really basic, but the art is fantastic

I'm thinking about getting the Swamp Thing Bronze Age omnibus

So what's that collecting?

I got a B&N coupon to blow. What's the fattest omnibus I could get in the $50-70 range to use it on?

The first 25 issues of the solo run, Roots is the first 13

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind if you're willing to dip in some Sup Forums stuff.
Stray Bullets Über Allez edition was in that range too, I think.
>first 25 issues
So it goes all the way up to Moore's stuff?

Why would you want to watch the workprint? You have a thing for unfinished CGI?

It turns the dullest X-Men film into the best comedy of the last decade.

>Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Had no idea that one was that cheap. Snagged, thank you.

Manga tends to be cheap compared to western stuff.

>So it goes all the way up to Moore's stuff?
Moore's stuff is volume 2 of Swamp Thing

Black and white stuff in general is cheaper, it's why I can get 600 pages of Usagi Yojimbo for $25

The Rogue Cut

>volume 2
I did not know of this. I should get the omnibus too, then.

Good night bump

bumping.

So is Morrison's Doom Patrol any good or is it just random incomprehensible shit that got praised for being artsy-fartsy?

Bumpety-boo!

it's very straight forward compared to his other stuff

I have the Batman by Neal Adams HC on it's way, it should be here in a couple of days

The Claremont omnis are 100% worth it.

Well I guess I'm never reading The Fade Out then.

How straightforward does that make it?

If I put entry level Morrison like JLA or Animal Man on one side of the spectrum and really weird stuff like The Invisibles or The Filth on the other, Doom Patrol would fall closer to JLA or Animal Man.

I see. Guess I should start with Animal Man though.

Literally the first storyline is standard Morrison "what if fiction and reality are just as real as each other" nonsense about a thought experiment being willed into existance and kidnapping people into a non-existant fictional city.

Nearly bought it when grabbing this week's books today, but the spine was a bit damaged on vol 1, so my wallet was spared.

I'll order them online.

What are you most proud of on your shelf? Diversity of books, having neat rows of complete series with no gaps, thick bricks?

Need some help deciding. End of the World, that seems like it's just a storyboard for a film I've already seen, but also seems like it will be imposible to find once it's sold out, or the three Blacksad books, the first of which I've read but don't own?

The first one.

Thanks, the price and contents had me a bit eh on it, but I don't think a Sup Forums collection is complete without something by Hertzfeldt and I don't buy movies.

>Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection vol 17: Kraven's Last Hunt

Glad I saw this, I was thinking of getting the regular tpb soon

Page 10 bump.

Not a big week for me.

I hope Ghost Stories of an Antiquary isn't shit. MR James might be my favourite author of all time, and is definitely my favourite horror author.

That said, one of the stories in it are Lost Hearts, his most overrated work. On the otherhand it has Canon Alberic's Scrap-Book, one of the most underrated, so swings and roundabouts.

Hope Oh, Whistle And I'll Come To You, My Lad and A Warning to the Curious make it into a later volume.

Bump for recent order posting.

>Witchfinder
That's Mignolaverse, right?

This was brilliant

Bought these yeaterday, sold all these way back when I sold my collection but picked up a couple I didn't have at the time, too. THE DUDE

Yeah, and Lobster fucking Johnson comes after I finish those three tpbs.

Think I posted these coupla threads back

Man, I haven't bought any of this yet but I swear by all that is holy I will one day own it all.

Hurry up. BPRD Plague of Frogs 3 and 4 are softcover only now. That's the kickstart I needed to get into it in case other things start going out of print entirely. I'll still be paying latecomer tax on those if I want them in HC, but it could be worse. It could always be worse.

I'm not that picky about hardcovers. I-it's not like the series will go out of print or anything, hahaha.

Oh and most recent stuff, got Rich Tommasso's She-Wolf coming, too. Saving up for Thought Bubble, though, wanna get some Breakdown Press stuff.....

Kudos to this guy for not being a capefag.
What is that Deep Girl about? Who is the cartoonist?

I've been really on the fence about She-Wolf. The first issue felt like it couldn't decide if it wanted to beat you over the head with the sexual assault metaphor or if it was a psych out and it really was supernatural. Does it get more cohesive as it goes?

The organisation is shite but this is my bookshelf (I'm aware of the bend, too, I need something else ASAP). I'm missing a box of trades that's in storage (mostly 'classic' stuff, Watchmen, VforV etc. )