J U S T

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nVLUXBKFRGs
youtu.be/oR1-UFrcZ0k
youtube.com/watch?v=RGME6jCwqw0
youtube.com/watch?v=tyNuWCjc-bg
youtube.com/watch?v=CTVFlMy5kdw
imdb.com/title/tt0074896/
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2006/01/moustapha-messenger-of-hollywood/304524/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's a shitlib so good. He was countersignalling the south, calling it savage etc.

It's like um ever heard of sub Saharan Africa sweetie?

E. T. is unironically the single best film to have been released during the decade of the 1980s, though.

True adulthood is understanding that E.T. is an excellent film on every level, even if you don't quite have the superlative opinion of it that I do.

It wouldve bombed regardless of ET. Most of his work didnt make money.

The thing is though(no pun intended), is that the Thing is more commonly discussed among film fans and has a much stronger than ET has. ET in current year is just that movie that you remember liking when you were a kid, whereas the Thing is regarded as an exemplar of horror done right and has inspired all sorts of horror films since

He's a great musician, not so sure about his films though

youtube.com/watch?v=nVLUXBKFRGs

is this what you do now that the BFG bombed Spielberg

Haha i like you steven spielberg, you're a funny guy you'll go into the ovens last

you overestimate the importance of film fans, ET will still be viewed and admired 500 years from now. spielberg is a living legend. John Carpenter has a few autists on reddit and Sup Forums

youtu.be/oR1-UFrcZ0k

fucking fantastic

What does any of this mean>

The craziest thing in all this is this was the first movie to show VHS technology. Everyone thought showing the video was a huge hoax but this was the first movie where the VHS was made public,

I hope he makes one final good movie tho. Don't want this 'Ward' shit to be his last.

Carpenter didn't deserve the shit storm he got over The Thing. It's a great alien horror movie, no feel-good ending like in Alien. It's a true horror movie. The alien itself is also scarier as a concept, and the overall atmosphere is far more grim. I also like how the backstory of the alien and its ship are left completely open just like in Alien (until Ridley went full retard with Prometheus), it adds a key element of mystery to the movie.

Carpenter just adds these little details that creep you out, like that scene where Kurt Russel's character is recording a tape and the camera pans to the hallway behind him. You expect The Thing to show up and assimilate him, or some cheap jump scare, but instead nothing happens.

Movies like that will never be made in modern studios. It's like Carpenter said himself, a lot of these things, including the grim ending, would never be allowed by the execs.

To be fair, he directed more mediocre-at-best films than good ones and he has a few straight up weak under his belt too. The Thing is a (borderline?) classic and his best work by far, but the gap behind it is pretty significant.

Despite his longevity in the industry, I always felt really difficult to evaluate his career. He's most certainly not an above-average film maker who got lucky once, but neither an under appreciated genius buried by Hollywood.

Remember that tv cut with the ending with the dog that gave it an even more disturbing Implication.

Big Trouble is what killed his studio career.

No, he's just a liberal. He's content to make cool music, do tours, play videogames and talk about his time in Hollywood. His best friend is also Kurt Russell, the most right-wing man in the business - they're both adult enough to not let differences of political opinion ruin a lifelong friendship.

He was also married to Adrienne Barbeau for a while, the lucky bastard.

>Dark Star
>The Fog
>Christine
>Assault on Precinct 13
>Halloween
>The Thing
>Escape From New York
>Big Trouble in Little China
>They Live
>In The Mouth of Madness

All kino.

>Vampires
>Prince of Darkness
>Starman

Sub-kino but nonetheless fun to watch, especially James Woods yelling "fucking die" at vampires repeatedly.

After watching The Void I realized how badly they wanted to rip off Carpenter's Prince of Darkness and how good that film actually is compared to that piece of crap they produced.

You might consider Prince of Darkness as sub-kino but it's unironically one of my favourites, I thought the "pray for death" scene was the fucking best as a kid.

The grim ending would be allowed I think. Horror movies are the only movies allowed to have endings like that. It would probably be ruined by the need to plant the seed for a sequel.

Have you guys heard about what his plan was for the Blair-thing at the end of the movie originally?

Nauls was supposed to be still alive but merging with it. He's begging MacReady to kill him but ends up puking out his organs and just turning into more biomass.

Maybe I was a little harsh on Prince of Darkness. I do thoroughly enjoy that film, but it has a few weird pacing issues and other nitpicks that drag it down a notch for me. There is some great stuff in there, though.

Because most people are plebs

I think the Thing was just too disturbing for any audience outside of the true horror fan audience.

>Assault on Precinct 13

damn, forgot about that kino

I heard he wanted to do a Creature from the Black Lagoon movie but never got around to it. Damn shame desu

>Dark Star and ItMoM are K I N O
>but Starman somehow isn't

Get fucked user. Those two belong under a near kino category.
Starman is JC showing he has a heart.

It's fitting he kind of looks like Revolver Ocelot. Influencing others within his genre of choice while keeping a lower profile for decades.

Not really, making shit movies is what got his career destroyed. He still made plenty of studio productions after The Thing.

Prince of Darkness is an amazing concept but the pacing is mediocre/bad and the zombie shit is less interesting than the just creepy staring people.

Of course zombie black man had some of the most unintentionally hilarious parts in the film so you could lose a lot by cutting it.

Meanwhile, ET is a childrens movie for children that may have been well made but will most likely be remembered for its pointless posthumous censorship.

It's good, but it's not quite kino.

No one mentioned his Masters of Horror episode? It was really good

>Assault on Precinct 13
Didn't enjoy that, it was a bit too by the numbers for me

It invented those numbers, Assault on Precinct 13 was the first.

That's what I was wondering

That score, though...

youtube.com/watch?v=RGME6jCwqw0

maybe it didnt earn a lot of money, but he still has plenty to be proud of
not to mention the whole cult fandom thing, he's practically a legend

Hasn't made anything good in 20+ years.

the jumpscares in that are some of the best I've seen

Cause he retired, yeah. Then he unretired to do a completely mediocre movie filled with youngish girls. He can do it again if he feels the need.

sorry faggots but E.T. is true kino these numbers will prove it

He's made two killer albums and done world tours with them.

youtube.com/watch?v=tyNuWCjc-bg

Cigarette Burns came out in 2005. So 12 years.

>you overestimate the importance of film fans, ET will still be viewed and admired 500 years from now. spielberg is a living legend.

>The Thing
>"The film was eventually reappraised by critics, and is now considered to be one of the greatest horror films ever made"

sounds familiar doesnt it

Remember Blade II and Cigarette Burns when Norman Reedus was getting typecast as the chubby loser?

this thread is embarrassing for so many reasons. grow up, all of you.

>two completely different roles
>typecast

It's been a while since I've seen Cigarette Burns, was he not a loser in that?

I always play this outside my house on Halloween. Fucking quality shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTVFlMy5kdw

Yeah, that little choral bit really gives it that gothic spooks vibe. Great composer.

>ET
>being good at all, let alone "the best"
Only a retarded teen who loves "nostalgic" media could even conceive such a thought. Nice bait though

>Jew steals his fame and fortune, and ruins his chances of becoming an extremely mainstream horror film producer like Ridley Scott or James Cameron had with Aliens later on
>makes They Live as revenge
Carpenter's a great director, not for everyone but then again neither is 1st place.

I went on the ET ride with the bikes and shit in the 90s, it was pretty cool. Little retarded brother couldn't height requirement so he got a UFO baby shit ride.

I would argue that John Carpenter is the single best low budget film director there has ever been. Anytime they give him more money he fucks it up with the sole exception being the thing
>spend entire budget on 1 scene
>it works tho

>I went on a ride at a theme park once
and? ET isn't a good movie, it's so by-the-numbers Spielberg that it almost turns around backwards and becomes a parody of itself. Of course kids wouldn't understand that, but if you watch the film with a critical eye then you'll see the flaws. This sort of logic is what leads people to recognize the inferiority of Return of the Jedi when compared to New Hope and Empire, for example. The only major difference is that RotJ is still an enjoyable film decades later, like a cherry tart while ET is that shitty frosting grocery store cake that you loved as a kid and would likely vomit up today if you had it again.

Reminder he actually tweeted he was disgusted by people who think They Live is about Jews. He says it's about "unrestrained capitalism" and "yuppies."

Marx himself stated that the Jewish religion is huckstering, so like it or not They Live indirectly attacks Judaism.

>ET isn't a good movie

Yes it is. You're just a butthurt spielberg-hating fag

this shit was awful if you want Carpenter anthology kino watch body bags

Oh, yeah, it's not amazing. Again it's historically significant because of the bowdlerizing and the victories for product placement but it's not bad. Spielberg makes technically proficient movies.

Sure, it's a thing of the eighties. It was a more innocent time, they thought all the nasty CEOs were conservative Anglos and Dutchmen who came here on the Mayflower and were holding the country back because they didn't want to share the pie.

>people actually trying to shit on The Master

for what purpose?

I can't watch ET after knowing what happened to Drew Barrimore. It was one of those movies where they hired children with huge eyes and psychologically tortured them by their parents to make them act perfectly.

Prince of darkness is kino you must be blind and dumb and addicted to drugs and AIDS

He made a great film, regardless. The Thing had me genuinely terrified in the end. It like I woke up from a dream after it was done.

Who cares about an artist's political bullshit? I'm really tired of Sup Forums and their relentless derision of creative works just because their creators don't conform to their views. That fucking shithole of board should have remained dead. It has brought a host of cancer here worse than chanology.

Prince of Darkness wasted a lot of the suspense but I think a proper spook edit would do it some serious justice.

Also Vampires Los Muertos was superior.

Who decides what They Live is about, Carpenter now, or a corpse without Internet, and old Youtube video, and ((you)).

If Ghosts of Mars didn't have such a shit generic soundtrack it would have been a good movie

I don't think he is at all, just that you will get destroyed and never work again if you don't say what you're expected to say.

Show me a conservative in hollywood and I'll show you someone that is demonized and never gets any work.

Of course he did, the propoganda machine would of destroyed him as an anti-semite if he didn't.

You can believe what you want but the movie speaks for itself.

>His political views are more important than his artistic output

You sound familiar.

You're literally retarded.

>In The Mouth Of Madness & Dark Star kino
>Prince of Darkness not kino
wtf is wrong with you

I don't think you'll be able to find many directors that have as many good films as Carpenter does.

>would of

So half of this board thinks Spielberg is better than Carpenter? Fucking faggots straight up.

I think all of those films are awesome. I love starman vampires and Prince of darkness.

I hate that people say carpenter is average or competent at best. Such bullshit. Sorry his films don't have exploding juggernauts and endless cgi or tons of teenagers.

Coming from someone who lives in the south hes right it blows.

I don't even know what this means, especially the "countersignalling the south" thing. The dude was raised in Kentucky.

Whatever, stop whining about politics all the time on this board. And the Thing is a great movie, but so is E.T. I feel like Carpenter is pretty underappreciated in Hollywood overall though. He's one of those guys whose movies get the credit they deserve many years later.

Carpenter had to rely on Muslim producers to finance his films. He literally named ultimate evil (((Myers))). The Thing is found out by a blood test, too similar to crypto Jews. They Live was his final call and they destroyed him. Until he made good and denied it was anti Semitic to get the new Halloween, which he's getting a bigger check for, greenlit. Carpenter is a goy genius and they didn't understand how he wasn't brainwashed and had real creative spark, a glitch in the Matrix. Literally his initials are J.C. (((they))) were shook

Critics hate him, box offices hate him. He's still probly rich as hell off halloween, plus almost all his movies are gold.

Please just fuck off back to Sup Forums

Van Gogh just got famous after dying, the best art never dies user

Reminder: he did that because the new Halloween is being made by Jason (((Blum))), and it was a courtesy, so he can receive a huge check.

Literally, They Live has bulldozers razing land in a nod to Israel's hegemony. This isn't debatable. Carpenter was known to shove it in (((their))) faces. He worked in Hollywood for Chrisskes, you think he wasn't redpilled.

Escape from (((New York))). The original script begins with Snake robbing the (((Federal Reserve))). Have any doubt about Carpenter vs the JQ, watch Village of the Damned, truly his most misunderstood movie. He makes the kids wear blonde wigs and blue eyes, but they are Jews destroying America through subversion and whining. He couldn't make it any more obvious. He was the opposite of (((Spielberg))). That's why he's so bitter. He tried to warn us. But in his own stubborn, auteur way. His career is a tragedy, which he admits to.

OD'ing on red pills, buddy.

>fuck off to Sup Forums

Not an argument. You either believe Carpenter was redpilled and They Live was about Jews, as is a portion of his early filmography, or you don't. But even Jews feel They Live is anti-Semitic and they killed his career. Read up on what they write about it. A screening at my uni got cancelled due to the Hillel Center raising a fuss. You can't dismiss the sentiment isn't there. Seeing all that occur is what made me look into it

Not arguing, just fuck off.

Is he, dare I say it /ourguy/?

I still haven't seen The Thing. Well, I saw the shitty prequel that came out a few years ago at least

well go watch it right now.

Who produced Halloween?
>Mustapha Akkad

One of the biggest anti-Semite producers in Hollywood history. He used funds to make
>The Message
imdb.com/title/tt0074896/

Read what Akkad said about Zionists in Hollywood
theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2006/01/moustapha-messenger-of-hollywood/304524/

Then read about the "terrorist bombing" that killed him in 2005. It's no coincidence Carpenter linked up with Akkad straight out of college in Los Angeles. But you have no grasp of film history. There hasn't been a John Carpenter since. Instead you get Pre-approved directors like the Death Note wannabe, who ape Carpenter but filter any true, dangerous voice out. There's a reason he worked with Kurt Russell, since making Elvis.

I would rather the jews conquer the world than you be correct at anything because you're such a cunt.

Please just go.

It's a shame they got Akkad before he made the Saladin movie. God damn (((terrorists)))

Will do Max. Happy Shabbot

Will you please just fuck off and neck yourself.

The last three define kino you absolute pleb

From Carpenter I have only seen the Thing, which was excellent, Big Trouble, which was fun, and They Live, the idea of which I found great, but the execution seemed kinda amateurish and disappointed me. Will I be disappointed by the rest?

They Live is really about the trannies. They are all over the place!