Tfw 40

>tfw 40
>tfw still on Sup Forums
>tfw lived entire life vicariously through entertainment.
>tfw every movie, show, and thing I see is a rehash of other things I've already seen

Good night, Sup Forums. Best wishes & godspeed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wyIC-_eHSS0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

whats your favorite movie?

>a rehash of other things I've already seen
and those things are rehashes of older movies which are rehashes of literature that goes back MILLENNIA

nothing is original. all that happens is someone remakes a movie but replaces papyrus scrolls with iphones to match the times

Do not go gently into that good night brother. Please seek help

remember you get a discount on your next helium purchase when you do it on a weekend before 4

honestly? Bicentennial Man.

stream where dumb frogposter

k ;_;

>poured my heart out to who I thought was the girl of my dreams
>found out she's fucking Chad
>farthest I got was a hug

How is spending your life enjoying the things you love a bad thing? Are you a norman or something?

>hook up with girl last night
>whiskey dick all night
>we were affectionate and held hands today but I could tell she was a little disappointed
Life is suffering

theres like a million girls, get gud at making on the spot jokes and go to a nightclub (unless you're 40 like OP then stick to okay cupid)

,,,,,,yikes

when she hugged you, she still had Chad's semen dripping into her cunt lips.

Her pusy was also sore from all the Chad pounding.

....awkward

Don't kill yourself, just keep doing your own thing and try to find things you enjoy doing.

>tfw every movie, show, and thing I see is a rehash of other things I've already seen
Literature is where the real thing is.

>>poured my heart out to who I thought was the girl of my dreams

There's your mistake. Girls don't want to hear about your problems. I showed vulnerability once to my girl and got friendzoned so fucking fast. Lesson learned I guess.

There is a great beauty within you, user. There is a light that will not fade. You only cannot see it. It is something that you see in others, and that others see in you. Let your sadness curl around that light and embrace it like petals, until you feel it is right to bloom. It is not hiding your light, but letting that light nourish your self. Be free of pain user, but not of life. Life is not pain. It is only when we have been in pain for so long that we mistake one for the other.

You were born free, user. Walk backwards to your innocence and you will find it is still there.

it seems like you need to find something that is more your style then user. You don't need to sift through a bunch of movies to fill your time, literally 90% of the movies you scroll through will be garbage, or repetitive as you say.

>Having anyone to disappoint that would want you.
>Having someone being disappointed that you couldn't be inside of them.
What a beautiful dream!

>Girls don't want to hear about your problem
This. Don't ever show real vulnerability to a girl. If you do they will see you as weak. That's how pathetically shallow the overwhelming majority of women are.

is that bc you're also bi?

Perish like the dog you are.
Or live and fight the decay of the universe and your own soul.

Beautiful way of wording it user

Don't listen to these fucking normalfags. Ending your own life is the only power you really have. Do it.

good choice

^ this

the amount of people on Sup Forums constantly trying to meet the goalposts they imagine of people they don't even like is depressing.

build something, make something, learn how to build or make something, do your own thing, maybe accidentally meet someone, just give a fuckin shot.

How can you expect anyone to want to date you if you don't spend any time on yourself or care about figuring yourself out?

>hi fren

h-hi based giv poster.

how do you do it... makin' memes. Is it a fulfilling life?

(looks up hopefully)

I bet there's stuff you've not even heard of or seen that you would love
oops! argument destroyed

I know this feel all too well.

Worked at Petsmart back when I was like 19-20 and was very smitten with this one girl. We'd always be flirting on the job and I actually thought it meant something that she trusted me enough to confide in me about all her personal problems. It got to a point where we would talk on the phone for hours after work and she even sent me a couple of nudes once. I always thought it was odd though how she made up excuses every time I tried to get her to come over...

Long story short, I found out that she was fucking the 26-year-old Chad who was our assistant manager. For those questioning his Chad-ness... He was literally the quarterback on his high school football team :-(

In the end, I think she was just using me as a dumping ground for her personal bullshit. Still confused why she would bother to send me nudes though.

lol but hes an assistant manager at a petsmart

yikes, no big loss here

If it makes you feel any better, just realize that your suffering is basically nothing compared to what some people go through, like havin your face cut off by cartel members or even just living in sone 3rld world country and shitting out intestinal parasites every day, or just dying of cancer.

>godspeed
formerly good luck

Yeah, I suppose that's the one thing I can take pleasure in... His failed athletic career landed him in retail hell. I also had a good laugh after I found out he got a DUI lol

I never understand how this is supposed to help anyone.

"welp, some people got it worse I guess I better not feel this way since it's irrelevant in the face of all the suffering out there."

Why would it make someone feel better knowing someone else is suffering more, unless they're some sort of sadist.

why would that make anyone feel better?

42 here; killing myself after I see Blade Runner 2049.

Seriously, guys: don't cling to life just because of the next season of whatever. It doesn't get any better. It actually gets worse. I wanted to off myself for the first time in 2008, but TDKR came out, then something else, then something else, then Star Wars, then Twin Peaks...

That's not a life. If you don't like yourself or being alive by the time you're 30, give yourself a year to make a drastic change or put a new plan into being. If that fails, just fucking end it. All I got out of clinging to another fucking decade was fat and diabetic.

It's all garbage.

Posts like this give me hope for this shit website

kek, there is way worse suffering than even those, be thankful no one will have to experience it though. hopefully

yeah I have these epiphanies once in a while, but I just clean my room or do 20 pushups and go back to being a useless waste of space for a couple more months

>post in thread started by 40 year old
>wish I were 40 again

I feel like there's some advertising weirdness on this site sometimes, a certain topic is chosen and then it harvests how people respond to said topic
in the guise of being a legit thread
the whole funna kill muhself shit though makes it a bit more sinister
so that makes me think it's some sicko gov thing
either way OP don't you feel the same since you've been posting here forever right?
Either way a lot of people now kill themselves it's a huge cause of death so there's money to be made

Harvest posts of mentally ill people to sell them more magic butt cream pills

take all your money and go live in thailand for a while, might as well since it doesnt matter if you're gonna kill yourself

buy an ozone machine,
it basically cures diabetes

by good night you better mean see you guys in the morning op, o-okay?

you should come live on my commune
where's the Jim Jones Club for 4Chinners

Don't kill yourself, man.

>after I see Blade Runner 2049.
My friend, you'd be 74. Not bad of a run.

user that was... beautiful

Our lifes are empty. We only talk about or see other people doing things. We talk about fictionary things and get excited about fictionary stories display in a big screen that makes us feel like if we were important for some time, but at the end, our lifes are empty, our lifes is talk about other people that we will never meet...

I have been thinking the same as you for a while, I have explain it to a friend and he (because is a neet and movies are his only life) didn't even think about it. Maybe he didn't want to destroy his fantasy. And that's the problem, we sometimes prefer the fantasy to the reality.

But thank you for share your wisdom here. I hope you wake up some people here.

Good night, sweet prince

Go on...

fucking robot forrest gump

it's just brainwashing
feeling used and abused is not something people like to think about
lets not dwell on this thread
you know you're going to pick up your distractions and continue living the lie after this thread goes bye bye
let yo nuts drop lil nicka

>37 years old
>literally EVERYTHING I like growing up in the 80s/90s has turned to shit:
>wresting
>anime
>movies
>music
>video games

And the world is now fuckin obsessed with social media and smartphones, both of which I can't fucking stand.

I want to go back so bad.

I know this feel...

>42
>still a complete fucking pleb
You'll be doing us all a favour

user, the time has come for you to seek the path. Your soul has set you face to face with a clear light. And you are now about to experience it in its reality. Wherein all things are like the void and cloudless sky. And the naked spotless intellect is like a transparent vacuum, without circumference or center. user, in this moment know yourself. And abide in that state.

Look to the light, user. Find the light. Into the light.

yes

>you know you're going to pick up your distractions and continue living the lie after this thread goes bye bye
Yeah that's true but I think about this more and more. Since a time ago I don't enjoy going to the cinema like before, it's like rutine or nothing special for me anymore. And I think about this when that neet friend only talks about tv series and movies. We don't have another topics to talk about. And that is very very sad. So no, I will think about this after this thread is eliminated.

>spend all your spare time consuming media passively
>wonder why your life is empty
Dumb frogposter

Let me suggest this as the bso of this thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=wyIC-_eHSS0

>literally EVERYTHING I like growing up in the 80s/90s has turned to shit
It's not, you've just become jaded as fuck.
>anime
Plenty of great anime around, it's up to you to push past the moeshit and actually find something you like. What do you consider good anime?
>movies
See above
>music
Horseshit, you think shitty pop stars are what define music nowadays? There are probably thousands of bands made up of washed up nostalgiafags like you who make music based on what you thought was good.
>video games
Absolutely and incredibly wrong.
>wresting
I don't know and I never gave a fuck about it.

Stop being so jaded that you have to put some work in to find what you want. Welcome to a world with an abundance of choices.

Get a proper hobby

lads what do I do if I feel this way despite only being 20? I don't have any career aspirations, I only have a handful of hobbies, I'm not interested in having a significant other or working for the rest of my life. I'm not even interested in sex because I don't like interacting with people. I'm not really unhappy but if you told me I had a day to live I wouldn't really care. I'm just kind of uninterested in living. I wanna opt out.

>It's not, you've just become jaded as fuck.
Not true, faggot. You sound like one of those people that says "you're too jaded, Force Awakens is just as good as Empire Strikes Back!"
>Plenty of great anime around,
It's mostly moe, harem, or slice of life shit.
>What do you consider good anime?
Evangelion, numerous Macross series/OVAs, Lodoss War, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist, Star Blazers, Slayers
>See above
Yeah, you're right, capeshit, numale Star Wars, JJ Trek, CGI garbage, feminism, diversity, and PC shit shoved unnecessarily into every film is much better than the 80s and 90s films.
>Horseshit, you think shitty pop stars are what define music nowadays? There are probably thousands of bands made up of washed up nostalgiafags like you who make music based on what you thought was good.
How many of them use a fucking guitar? I leave my Spofity to play Rock and it's 99% bands that I know of from decades past.
>Absolutely and incredibly wrong.
Yeah, because games nowadays with 45 minute unskippable cutscenes, open world shit where it's pretty much a walking simulator, DLC, season pass, early access, microtransactions, loot boxes, etc. Somehow Madden and baseball games get worse every year. I'll take Chrono Trigger, Zelda 3, and Super Mario World any day.
>I don't know and I never gave a fuck about it.
All you have to know is that it was great in the 80s and 90s and it sucks now.
>Stop being so jaded that you have to put some work in to find what you want. Welcome to a world with an abundance of choices.
The choices suck now. I'm sorry your were born post 9/11 and don't understand how great things were before. Go back to instagram or snapchat or whatever the fuck else you waste your time with.

kek'd

If you have few ties to society, you can begin researching and experimenting alternate lifestyles that might make you more happy. It doesn't have to be bizarre or eccentric - just anything that you feel drawn to. Life is short, might as well go for it.

1. Stop fapping. 2. Get off the internet. Problem solved

>he assumes my age because I'm not a bitter piece of shit
kek okay
>How many of them use a fucking guitar?
Most of them fuckwit. You sound like an old woman calling rock and roll the Devil's music

>video games

WAT?!

You don't like shelling out $60 for an afterthought of a campaign mode and then paying more for DLC so you can have the "complete experience"?

You don't like getting a new game only to discover that it's online muliplayer only, for absolutely no fucking reason, and that your buddy has to go home and play you on his own system?

You don't like how modern games cater to the casuals, unnecessarily holding your hand and auto-saving every 2 minutes?

You don't like how Nintendo popularized and contaminated the game industry with gimmicky garbage like motion controls?

How dare you, sir!

Stop buying bad games?

>>he assumes my age because I'm not a bitter piece of shit
If you're saying the shit today is better than the shit from the past, you obviously never lived through the shit from the past.
>Most of them fuckwit.
I'm not gonna go to some numale hipster bar in Brooklyn to see some of your shitty favorite bands. If they were that good they would have at least made it to Spotify.

how can you hate smartphones? what the hell

>Stop buying bad games?
What games are glorified betas that patch things later one?
What games have couch co op multiplayer nowadays? How many games have a real single player campaign?
What games don't have 30 minute tutorials, QTEs, and arrow markers showing you wear to go every second?
What games don't have fucking 45 minute unskippable cutscenes? Seriously faggots, why bother PAYING for a game to just fucking watch it? (muh immersion). The best games of all time didn't need this shit.

I'll look into that. I don't have much and wouldn't need much money to survive, I wouldn't mind traveling a bit, at least to try it.

I went to university for a couple years and it never got better. I still didn't want to talk to anyone or make any friends. I HAD friends actually but most of them dropped contact with me because I just never put any effort into speaking with them and always found excuses not to spend time with them (not that I resent them for moving on, of course).

That's my point, niggar. So many of the games are like this. Hard to find ones with as much substance and replayability as before.

>how can you hate smartphones?
Numale faggot detected.

>In the end, I think she was just using me as a dumping ground for her personal bullshit. Still confused why she would bother to send me nudes though.

Why is this so common?

I literally told her at the end of it we'd both been better off if she'd just told me to fuck off the first year when I made my intentions clear.

Wasted my prime years chasing after some on/off girl's bullshit. Wish I'd had someone to tell me back then this was just a thing women do, and that it's all bullshit.

NEVER fucking EVER chase a girl. If it's not going where you want it, leave. If you've invested a few months to a year getting to know her and you want more, make your move no matter what. You'll save a lifetime of pain getting the fuck out early.

Also know every fictionalized romance is complete horseshit, especially the way they're written to the target audience that's young. It's like they're setting you up for failure on purpose.

You're a great guy user, I love you

how? technology is fun and lets us read the news and be in the know of the current events of the world

Days melting into one another; barely discernible difference.

>What games have couch co op multiplayer nowadays?

Honestly, pretty much just Nintendo these days. As much as I hate them for their motion control horseshit, this is something I can actually give them credit for. Nothing like having friends over for some drunken Mario Kart or Smash Bros :-)

it's just the jani catering to /r9k/posters user. OP is actually a 20yo neet giggling with and penis stroking his fellow neet efriends

Embarrassing post

>how? technology is fun and lets us read the news and be in the know of the current events of the world
You could do that before smarthphones, dummy. Now it's all normies whipping out their phones and taking pictures of food, or whatever bullshit their doing and putting it on some social media bullshit.
I don't even watch movies with under 30 year olds anymore because they check their phones EVERY FUCKING 30 SECONDS.

It's normie-"logic" and a fucked up way to try to force yourself to be grateful about your state of affairs and it makes me wonder if I'm the true normie all along because it comes down to it I don't like imagining people suffering as much or worse than I do

It is true that as you get older, the feeling that "nothing's new under the sun" does get more prevalent.

I'm an oldfag, and I have no interest in new movies, music and TV shows (bar a few) because new movies, music and TV shows aren't made for me. They're made for younger people. So the fact that I don't like them doesn't bother me.

>video games
I grew up playing video games. I stopped for a long time when I was married w/kids, but I've sort of gotten into them again recently. I don't like the newer games, so I just go into nostalgia mode on GOG and spend a few bucks to play games I never finished when I was younger. I'll spend a couple hours playing Might and Magic on one screen, and marathon some Matt Chat on Youtube on the other.
>wrestling
WWE is for kids. If you're going to watch wrestling, watch NJPW.

I can get depressing knowing the important part of life is behind us. Fortunately, there's enough out there to keep ourselves distracted so we don't succumb to the emptiness. Fake it 'til you make it, as they say.

who cares, movies are kike propaganda

You're a fucking cliche, user.

>Embarrassing post
"herr derr I'm under 21 and LOVE SMARTPHONES and SOCIAL MEDIERS!"

>waaaaaah life is shit
Jesus I hope I never end up like the posters in this thread.

Even more embarrassing post

t. privilege

Yes I enjoy having information available to me whenever I could possibly want it.