American """""""""comedy""""""""""

>american """""""""comedy""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

grantland.com/features/the-making-of-les-grossman-an-oral-history/
youtu.be/Odd8Zdhuj9o
vulture.com/2012/06/bill-hader-has-the-best-tom-cruiseas-hero-story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>shitposting based tom in one of his finest performances

I would've expected something like Tim and Eric getting this treatment before Tropic thunder

>Implying this wasn't hilarious

everyone here agrees that tim and eric is rèddit shit so it wouldnt have made good bait

>okay, "Flaming Dragon". Fuck Face

can someone make "THIS IS FLAMING DRAGON" the next meme? im too lazy

in all honest it wasn't a funny movie

no it wasn't but based Tom cameo be so anti what he usually does was amazing

Good read

grantland.com/features/the-making-of-les-grossman-an-oral-history/

>Stiller: I had been talking to Tom about being in the movie. He read the script and actually came up with the idea for the character.
>Cornfeld: Tom read the script when there was no Les Grossman and said, “I think you need another villain other than just the 12-year-old drug king. What about some greedy pig studio executive who really represents the gross part of Hollywood?”
>Stiller: His idea to show the studio head actually fixed a problem we had for a long time. We never cut back to the real world for any of the previous drafts. All the Grossman scenes totally fixed the plot holes.
>Cornfeld: We did a draft that incorporated that character and Ben gave it to Tom. Then, the frequency of our discussions slowed down. Tom Cruise is a busy guy.
>Cohen: The character spent a year being “Studio Head.” July 2003, he becomes Todd Berlinger. October 2003, Todd Green. This was an interesting draft, because here’s the first draft where we really see the guy who became the profane Les Grossman, screaming at Flaming Dragon that if they so much as sneeze on the craft services table, he will fuck them up. Then, a couple weeks later — Phillip Green. For the life of me, I can’t remember why.
>Cornfeld: Ben decided he was going to play Speedman, and then he got a phone call from Tom, who said he just couldn’t get the script out of his mind. Tom asked, “What else is open?” And Ben said, “Well, we haven’t cast the Les Grossman role yet.” Tom was like, “I’d play that.”
>Stiller: And he said he wanted to dance.

i know you secretly like this scene OP and you just want people to talk about cruise's funniest performance

tom really is the last bastion of film

you are correct

come on playa~

big dick playa~~

I really want to see him get behind the camera for directorial work, this ankle injury's not going to retire him from stunts the way a full on mangling would.

Honestly, he is a really great actor. His MI stints are top shelf movies, and everything an action flick should be

tom is the best kind of crazy. he really has it in him to direct something left field and magnificent. do you guys remember the interview he gave matt lauer where he got mad at matt for accusing him of preventing people seeking the medication they need? tom went on a huge tangent about how certain medication for depression was a huge hoax and that there's no real science to it b/c you're just playing with the serotonin/dopamine levels or some shit. he seems like the kind of guy who spends his free time watching 7 hour david icke documentaries on youtube. like i said, he's the best kind of crazy

link www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y7CpS0gtlk

How did the goyim get away with writing and performing such a crude Jewish caricature?

>do you guys remember the interview he gave matt lauer where he got mad at matt for accusing him of preventing people seeking the medication they need?
I don't know if you could really call it mad even, that whole interview Tom just seems really tired, he doesn't raise his voice or anything, it's just really uncomfortable.
Tom even apologized to Matt for his behaviour, albeit years later.
Thing is tom has worked with so many veteran actors/filmmakers and it made an impression on him, I think in an interview he says he tries to watch a new movie every day, he's got like a huge projector in his house and everything.

oh ok

fuckface

because jews are cucks
were Scientologists the good guys the whole time?

best scene in the whole movie:
>take a step back and literally FUCK YOUR OWN FACE

Tropic Thunder is good but I have to agree with OP that all that shit with Tom Cruise was terrible

see

It was written by Jews

>European "culture"

You'd get it if you ever had to personally deal with a micromanaging self absorbed jewish person at the top of a corporate hierarchy before like Cruise clearly has.

>american girls

Is there a funnier movie besides this?

the giant prosthetic hands/forearms crack me up

>Michèle Burke (makeup designer): I was Tom’s go-to makeup person from Interview With the Vampire on. I did a lot of big, iconic looks for him. I got a text saying, “Tom wants to have hairy arms.” And I was thinking, Oh, OK, we can get hairy arms. Then they were like, “We want him to have a hairy chest.” Then suddenly it was like he’s going to have big hands, and I’m sitting there thinking, This is getting bigger than I expected. Then they started sending me pictures of other people who looked a bit like this. You know, with the gold jewelry, the hairy chest. I thought, OK, now I’m beginning to get the picture, this is full-on.
>BarneyBurmanBarney Burman (makeup designer): I had about a dozen people making the silicone prosthetics for his head, neck, chest, and hands. We made him special gloves. I did the sculpting, someone else did the molds, someone else was casting them. I had six different people punching hairs into the scalp piece, so his entire head was one-at-a-time, hand-punched hairs; his arms were hand-punched one at a time; his chest was hand-punched.
>Connie Grayson Criswell (lead hair-puncher): It was kind of a pain in the butt because we were punching with very curly human hair. Curly hair is very hard to punch because it has a mind of its own.
>Burman: When we needed a point of reference — I didn’t even see this happening at first — people would come to me, because I may be a few pounds over what I should be and I’m sort of bald on top and at the time had a sort of scruff going. And people kept looking at me to see how my hair grows and what the weight is like and how things sit on me. At one point I thought they were trying to turn Tom into me.

damn...

not in the last 10 years

a reminder of how funny mainstream comedians/actors can be if they just stop giving a fuck about offending anyone

gay

Mate, this was one of the very few occasions when american comedy wasn't just toilet humor. Shit was genuinely funny.

youtu.be/Odd8Zdhuj9o

Jesus that looks like some demon out of Spawn or something.

not far off

>At the premiere, Tom Cruise was like, “Hey, Bill, how’s it going, man?” And I got a little starstruck. Like, I’d never hung out with Tom Cruise before. I’d just been with Les.

seems like a decent guy desu

>not in the last 10 years
>what is Grand Budapest Hotel, Hot Fuzz, Super

less funny films than Tropic Thunder

swingin past ya KNEES

i would nominate the other guys for funniest movie recently

>posts actually funny American comedy

Not even the coolest Cruise/Hader story
vulture.com/2012/06/bill-hader-has-the-best-tom-cruiseas-hero-story.html

>the SNL comedian heard some unfortunate news, which especially worried him as a new dad. "I hear a crew person say, 'Did you hear what happened in New York?' And I'm like, 'What happened?' 'A guy tried to set off a car bomb in Times Square.'" Hader, who had already been "a little anxious" because it was the first time he had been away from his infant daughter, Hannah, had a "full-on panic attack." He desperately tried to call and text his wife Maggie, when Cruise noticed his concern. "He comes over and he's like, 'Are you okay, man?'" Hader explained the situation. Cruise then asked when Hader was supposed to return to New York. Not for another two days.
>"He thinks for a second. 'No,' he says. 'We'll get you home tonight.' And in that moment, Tom Cruise, as Les Grossman, in a karate gi, began to direct all my coverage," Hader recalled. "All my footage, all my close-ups. Boom! We do three perfect takes. Boom, boom, boom. Everyone's chest-butting each other, some people are chest-butting themselves, people are going insane." Two days' worth of work, Hader said, "and he got it done in 45 minutes." Then Katie Holmes came up to him and handed him a piece of paper with his new flight information. "You're on the red eye tonight," she told him. "I'm like, 'What?!'" Hader said. Because Cruise got him out of work and on a plane that night, he was able to surprise his wife and daughter by 7:45 the next morning and check in on them in person. "So that's what it's like to work with Tom Cruise," Hader said.

Popstar is damn good and it's only a few years old.

RDJ performance and it had a few moments

reminder that

superbad
tropic thunder
pineapple express
and step brothers

were all released in the span of a year (12 months)

>ywn work with Tom Cruise
IT HURTS LADS

pineapple express was garbage

no

>>BarneyBurmanBarney Burman
what a first name

real shit

ffFUCK you!

Popstar is like half an hour of great comedy buried in a mess of terrible cameos an unfunny as fuck songs.

You wouldn't get it unless you have dirty Jews running your movie business.

Like the transracial and full retard comedy, you wouldn't get this either unless you had PC culture running out of control.

This.

>Honestly, he is a really great actor.

holy fuck she has TACO tattooed on her dominant taco holding hand

Shit. You're kind of right.

close 2nd to superbad, anything else with seth sucks

Nothing wrong with tom cruises acting in that movie. The movie itself was shit, but tom was the only thing that made it watchable. You just can't bruise the cruise. People hate him like they hate trump, for no reason and because everyone else does...

No actor could have saved that film.

Tom Cruise has such discipline and practiced skill that he literally can do no wrong on film. It's not talent, he just works like 150% more than anyone else in any given movie. Then they let him because his name is pure marketing.

Cruise and Trump are both probably on the autistic spectrum, which makes normies dislike them unknowingly. Neither are emotionally "warm".

Neither have done anything wrong, yet they're hated.

>Neither have done anything wrong, yet they're hated.

Tom's the poster boy for keeping your mouth shut on personal issues when an actor. Acting wise he is like the template for being an A list level actor. Always brings his top game for every role and even if you don't like the over all movie it's not because of Tom's acting in 90% of the cases.

but he shot his mouth off about Scientology and some of the teachings of Scientology and that got him a real black mark form some people.

He's worked his way past the scientology shit with more good movies. He proved he was not too crazy to do great work. Just too nuts from all his retarded relationship drama and just eventually lost it in one moment of scientology bullshit ranting.

He's probly in the closet or whatever anyway.

Literally his best performance.

It made money

G5

PLAYAAAAAAAA

>little dick playa

I'M A LEAD FARMER MOTHER FUCKER!

It was written by Jews. Self depreciating humor is actually very common

The stunned look of disbelief on the gook's face after Tom's rant is the best part of that scene. Kino.

Suck my Unit!

If Tom wasn't in the film in that exact role it wouldn't have been half the movie it was.
Everything was amazing.
I loved the whole thing personally, it's one of the few comedy films I can't find fault in other than I wish Steve Coogan was in it a bit longer because I grew up watching Alan Partridge.

The adverts before the film are fucking perfect.

Fuck you for criticizing the only redeemable and good part in an otherwise average movie.

say that to his face and see what happens

I consider him to be the American Jackie Chan

Now name a good comedy from 2016-1 that wasn't capeshit or animated.

The Nice Guys and Hunt For The Wilderpeople come to mind.

>Ameriboo threads

>How about I send you a hobo's DICK CHEESE?