Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1rbcx_gJb4QnTNOyBt1-3RE7MM35TMJhXLR9nxnQLTpo/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/16rmfZ7-hKUBBO-pjAF3S7DBgshMT2ZmzEh-D_NuJtDA/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1h7rciZTmk41vCDUVN8Vbrpyd65K69rK6q1YKAj9l9ng/edit
pastebin.com/2r3aUEeF
pastebin.com/7UgHdDuy
pastebin.com/2pHuVLrL
pastebin.com/CY2XKBHX
mega.nz/#F!AU4DHDwb!OSayDSboo27IvIYZ0GCCuw!YdwTxBJA)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm planning on going to my local Doctor Who convention in March, and it's fucking crazy that they charge so much for photos. Peter Davison, Pearl Mackie, and Michelle Gomez are gonna be there (probably more too but the rest of the guest list isn't finalized yet), and it's forty bucks for one with Peter and sixty for Michelle and Pearl. I suppose it's just the con trying to make as much money but it's still ridiculous

It's like they never watched Oxygen!

There's a Who convention near me but every year I just forget to go to it.

>Catherine Tate and John Barrowman were >50 CAD
>Billie Piper was 60 CAD
>Matt Smith was 115 CAD

I still shelled out the dough, rip

How's your platonic roommate going?

>billie piper being more expensive than tate and barrowman

disgusting. does anyone know how much say the actors themselves have in setting the prices for these things?

>Matt Smith was 115 CAD
Jesus. I went to the same convention in either 2014, the first year they were doing it, and Sylvester, Colin, and a bunch of companions were there (no nuWho people though, not that I'm complaining), and it was only 20 bucks American for a pic with Sylvester. I was talking to a guy there while in line for a panel, and he was saying that he paid 200 dollars for a photo with Tennant and Billie at the Philadelphia comic con

Neo, if one of your "War of the Doctor" stories get missed in the anthology, I apologize in advance.

>"We wouldn't be here without you! We love the fans! You're the reason we do this!"

>charges $150 for literally two second of work

What the fuck? You'd think paying to get in to see these people would buy you a few seconds of their time to sign a photo.

It's disconcerting to think that people I admire are potentially greedy assholes.

You're not including one of my stories? How come?

Doctor Who is dead.

She wasn't originally more expensive, I think it's because she hauled ass that day to get there since her plane was late? I have no idea.

She gaves me roses, idk what that means? She also asked me the opinion on her bra, I dunno why she needs my opinion on that

>200 bucks for a pic with tennant and piper
SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT
They don't usually decide their own prices, the convention does. Smith was really cool, it was nice of him to doodle in my sketchbook. ...Techincally counted as a second signature because he signed that too, kek. The actors seem to not agree with the rules, you're only supposed to get one picture but if you let them take the selfies they'll do like... 20 for you.

Bruh they don't decide their own prices

1 fucking job gallifrey
now youre too over your head and might miss a story
wtf are you doing

How much of the money do they actually get from signing?

No, I plan to include everything. But I've been going back and forth adding in stories, and so I might accidentally miss one of yours.

It's not the actor that decides the price, it's the convention. That's one of the main ways conventions make money

Gotta pay the hotels and convention centers yo

Isn't your entire job to compile the stories? Why are you even doing it if you're qualifying now that you can't even manage to keep track of them?

Why Neo's specifically?

I was just checking the rules on the part of their site about photo-ops and it literally says you can't take a photo with them if you run into them in the hallway kek

fucking hell
can we please get him a babysitter

>Dr. Who
>Jesus was black edition

Fuck off back to infowars filthy boardie

Jesus you guys jump at every opportunity to harass Immigrant

from bean to cup gallifrey immigrant fucks up

I'm and I'm asking legitimately, I don't get why Neo's in particular are at risk of being missed.
Regardless, the solution isn't to apologise in advance, it's to double check and make sure it dosn't happen.

No idea!

Kek I have a feeling if you asked them they wouldn't give a shit though, they don't make the rules

How is it harassment? We enjoy Shit Trips. We don't understand why he's suddenly "missing" stories in it. What does that even mean?

I don't really understand what you mean. "Missing"? Is it included or not? Just after some clarification f a m. Looking forward to the set!

he has one simple fucking job. one that shouldn't take more than a few hours. its been days and now he might lose a story. are you fucking serious right now?

He most likely just misplaced the link to the story. I'm sure if Neo sends it again everything will be fine

Yeah, no doubt, I bet they don't even get any significant amount of money from the photo ops

oh hey now that you mention it it could have been the VIRUS he got from STRAWPOLL.ME

Never mind.

It's all included. Just that you have 2 separate multi-chapter fics, under different Doctors. I'm keeping them straight actually, but I didn't want you to think it was intentionally slighting if I accidentally don't add one story to the anthology.

Conventions can be fun, but man if they aren't a black hole of greed.

And, typically, it is the venues and hotels behind it. They won't just want to milk every cent the convention makes, but also charge people an arm and a leg for a place to stay and to park their cars.

>That's totally false, though.
20 is the season where JNT just went "bringing back old monsters is inherently interesting" for most of it, and the writers just went with that as the remit. The only stories that really break that mold and do something interesting are Snakedance (which carries on the surreal pseudo-Buddhist themes from Kinda), Mawdryn and Enlightenment. Then in 21 Warriors is doing the Cold War thing, although it doesn't quite work out, Planet of Fire has a few interesting ideas about religious fanaticism, and Androzani of course is smart and political because it's Holmes. But throughout that there's a bunch like Arc of Infinity where they thought "Omega comes back in Amsterdam" was enough to base an entire story around without any deeper idea or significance, or Resurrection where it's just the "do I have the right?" thing again with a gun instead of two wires.

Do we have a MEGA/pdf for A Brief History of Time Lords?

No worries dude. No slight taken, and I'm looking forward to the collection! Your framing story is gonna be gold!

f w i w I can repost all my links if that helps.

12/8 3parter

1, docs.google.com/document/d/1rbcx_gJb4QnTNOyBt1-3RE7MM35TMJhXLR9nxnQLTpo/edit

2, docs.google.com/document/d/16rmfZ7-hKUBBO-pjAF3S7DBgshMT2ZmzEh-D_NuJtDA/edit

3, docs.google.com/document/d/1h7rciZTmk41vCDUVN8Vbrpyd65K69rK6q1YKAj9l9ng/edit

misc silly story

pastebin.com/2r3aUEeF

War of the Doctor stories

pastebin.com/7UgHdDuy

pastebin.com/2pHuVLrL

pastebin.com/CY2XKBHX

In the book mega under nonfiction
(mega.nz/#F!AU4DHDwb!OSayDSboo27IvIYZ0GCCuw!YdwTxBJA)

So how did that one user become the Black Manta to Immigrant's Aquaman

>says an idiot with an art degree
hows it feel to be 60 large in debt to be just as qualified to shitpost as the rest of the animals here with nothing else to show for it cuck

Aight

Doctor Who is for homosexuals.

Was there any doubt?

I-is that Tom Baker and Douglas Adams?

>female doctor
lol

>human doctor
lel

i have so many new paul pics

The year is 2067. Doctor Who has long since been canceled for a third time, and all of the classic Doctors have died many years ago. You stare at your computer with a smile on your face. "Finally," you say, looking at your recently completed collection of every existing photograph of Paul Mcgann, "I can now die happy"

> Implying they won't try to collect photos of Paul McGann's ghost.

>"Welcome, to McGhost Hunters"

I feel like I'm being judged right now. Just getting that vague notion, y'know?

hey there's a lot of money in ghost-hunting tv shows. i just need to make sure not to let anyone know my ulterior motives for hosting one

Just making a little meme here, didn't mean for anything to come off rude

Oh, no no, user! It's okay, don't worry. I laughed at it, and I certainly know it was all in good fun. You didn't come off as rude at all.

Can you look for the ghost of Matt Smith's career?

Ah, good, I just have a tendency for over thinking these things

>tfw the Ghosts of Hartnell, Troughton, Pertwee, and Hurt are haunting the BBC roleplaying their Four Doctors script

it's probably somewhere hanging out with all his hopes and dreams

No worries, user!

>20 is the season where JNT just went "bringing back old monsters is inherently interesting" for most of it, and the writers just went with that as the remit.
Supposedly, but the Black Guardian trilogy focuses on him very little and the Mara and Master had both appeared last season (and at this time the Master was getting at least one mandatory serial per season regardless), so the only real legacy villain was Omega.

>The only stories that really break that mold and do something interesting are Snakedance (which carries on the surreal pseudo-Buddhist themes from Kinda), Mawdryn and Enlightenment.
If half the stories "break the mold" then what claim does it have to being the mold? And Arc of Infinity was trying to be about more than a Cold War parable that would have been cliche 20 years ago. Much like Mawdryn Undead, Enlightenment, and The Five Doctors, Arc gets into the idea of the foolishness of pursuing immortality and it also has the Time Lords wanting to kill the Doctor to prevent Omega from returning, which is kind of a moderately interesting dilemma. Terminus is anti-corporate and was supposed to have a whole Norse mythology angle that didn't really end up having any siginificance. There's also Frontios, about power struggles between a group of the last humans in the universe and has the TARDIS actually get fucking destroyed and The Awakening, which was something about war or history or something I don't really remember tbqh but I seem to recall it had something going on. Plus all the good serials you already mentioned. The ideas didn't didn't always work, but I don't think it's fair at all to say that the Davison era was unambitious most of the time.

Nah, I was just having a bit of fun.

>probably somewhere hanging out with all his hopes and dreams

Where do they think he left them?

Moffat personally murdered them.

Just like with the other user, it's all good. It was funny, I wasn't as offended/hurt/whatever as I seemed. I wasn't any of those things at all, actually, just very much amused. fwiw, apologies for the confusion!

Out back, in the dumpster.

I genuinely wonder why Matt hasn't been more successful, considering how well-received his tenure was on the show.

Why's McGann suddenly turned into a dick? I've just listened to Zagreus and Scherzo and he just seems like a complete asshole all of a sudden.

Terminator Gensys terminated him

Also pride, prejudice, and Zombies, that was a movie that got made

He was great in P&P&Z. The only watchable bits really.

>that nose

I admit, I haven't seen either of those movies, but I wasn't aware they were so bad as to be career-ending. (And apparently Matt only had like a minute of... well, non-CGI screen-time in Terminator? Huh.)

How long did it take for you to realize that Purves wasn't pronounced as "pervs"?

Matt had a sizable part in The Crown, which is constant work for him and a lot of exposure. Though I'm sure he wished he had gotten a part in something like Star Wars of Fantastic Beasts (he was probably second choice for Newt Scamander if Redmayne turned it down) he seems to be more of an experimental actor who wants the ability to perform in new plays.

He was promised a bigger role in future Terminator movies but that franchise revival was DOA. Which sucks for him.

He was also in a movie with smirkfu that appears to be on the shelf. I wish he was more of a hit but he's still working.

I personally watched Genisys when it came out in theaters and I thought that it wasn't half-bad.

It would've been great if the trailers didn't spoil the twist though.

True enough, and he's still a fairly big name even if he's not gotten a lot of "huge" roles lately. He's still pretty young, so I'm sure things will pick up for him in the future.

Until just now.

Yeah I checked out that Ryan Gosling-directed movie he was in, he was good but he didn't have much to do.

He's great in everything I've seen. He hasn't broken big time yet.

HOW COULD HE

I have no idea, Tennant's been getting tons, and Smith is brilliant. Maybe he'll get something soon...?

It's Steven "Abuse Your Power" Moffat. How couldn't he?

>what i did, i did without choice. in the name of peace and sanity

It is a weird trip, I know there are other trips with degrees but they hardly brag about it. Who brags about a graduate degree lol

I don't know why so many /who/res act like the Crown doesn't exist, yes he'll only have been in Season 1 and 2 but it's a fairly prestigious show and he's the co-lead

This. Eddie Redmayne's emulation of him, both in manner and costume, was kind of awkward in that new Potter film.

We should be proud of our achievements, user.

I don't act like it doesn't exist, though I admit wasn't aware of how popular it actually is. I don't think anyone thinks Matt's career is legitimately dead, though. He's talented and doing well for himself as is.

Didn't mean to sound snippy! I enjoy the Matt's career is dead meme too, just sometimes I think people truly think it's dead and it really isn't, it's just not super amazingly alive.

Agreed with everything here.

Matt Smith is a fairly successful actor who on top of everything is actually really great.

And he's one of the best Doctors. Stop shitting on Matt Smith, /who/

It's just weird. A bachelors isn't particularly impressive. A Masters or a Doctorate is impressive, although even then someone naming their tripcode after one would be a douche move. Why not have named yourself "Cover user" or "Art user" or something? There's being proud of your achievements, and there's randomly broadcasting them to the world at all times in an offputting way. Naming your trip after a bachelors degree is the latter.

@Neo Cloister you've mentioned you've graduated right? How come you don't brag about it?

No worries, Neo, it's all good! You do have a point, though. Sometimes people end up believing the memes.

>Stop shitting on Matt Smith, /who/
Hey, in my defence, my playful ribbing is born of love! He was my first Doctor, I'll always have a soft spot for him.

He has some upcoming work that looks interesting too. And definitely one of the more nuanced Doctor portrayals under his belt. Really enjoyed his performance.

Yeah I got my bachelors, then did an honours year of research work afterwards, then went into work.
Why would I brag about it lol

Some of the memes about Cats, I don't know the irony starts or ends

> A Masters or a Doctorate is impressive, although even then someone naming their tripcode after one would be a douche move.
If someone on /who/ actually had a PhD I'd fully support them having "The Doctor" as their username.

I'm sorry that my chosen name is very off-putting to you.

>waiting for shit trips be like

i miss capaldo, raxim, and simmchad. seems only robbmcoy and nilso stuck around :(

your attitude and posting style is off putting as well. dont sell yourself short

I apologize for that as well.

You wouldn't even care about that part if not for the fact that he was posting with a tripcode.

Simmchad is Neo though

Everyone stop what you're doing and admire this image.

Is that a ukelele?

Aha, that's cute.

But did he play it

>If half the stories "break the mold" then what claim does it have to being the mold?
Actually I shouldn't have listed Mawdryn as one of the stories doing a lot of new stuff, cause I've just remembered it spends a lot of time reminiscing about the Brig, complete with clips of old stories when his memory comes back. You are right about the Master, though, he actually turns up like a bad penny multiple times in 19 and 20.

What I mean by "the mold" is the basic goal of making the season a big 20th anniversary celebration - there's nothing actually wrong with that, it's just decided to make stories largely about revisiting the past of the show for a while, rather than use Doctor Who to talk about things outside itself in the way Kinda or Sun Makers or something like that, which is a very specific type of ambition. (And not necessarily one everyone even enjoys).

Like, the relationship between Kinda and Snakedance is a less extreme version of the difference between the two Peladon stories, where the first one was weird and interested in Big Issues, but the second one just kind of reheated the ideas from the first in slightly different form.

But then, I'm replying to two-hour-old posts with ghastly run-on sentences, so it's very possible everything I'm saying is rubbish.

whoa

Looks like a guitardis to me.
isn't it?
Someone on twitter said that he played a guitar that he signed for a fan, however that was unattached and separate from this particular picture, so /who/ nose?

>The relationship between a Time Lord and his TARDIS is infinitely complex, and frankly..... i-it's....... private.
what did he mean by this

Remember your reaction when you found that out? ahaha

Awwwwwwwwwww

>Like, the relationship between Kinda and Snakedance is a less extreme version of the difference between the two Peladon stories, where the first one was weird and interested in Big Issues, but the second one just kind of reheated the ideas from the first in slightly different form.
I'm a massive fan of Kinda, and you're bang on the money.

I think we both know full well what he means.