Why didn't Anakin just jump up to the shore at an area where Obi-Wan wasn't standing? Is Anakin a retard?

Why didn't Anakin just jump up to the shore at an area where Obi-Wan wasn't standing? Is Anakin a retard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ddNXFwHDMSY
youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI&list=PLzCjDdp9y8Gb1cU-r_zt6MQ7xVQA1fklY
youtube.com/watch?v=_7hj6qP167k
youtu.be/65As1V0vQDM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Why didn't Anakin just jump up to the shore at an area where Obi-Wan wasn't standing?
>Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?
>Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Why didn't Anakin jump even higher than Obi-Wan, thus gaining even more highground than him?

Anakin was arrogant enough to think he could jump straight over Obi-Wan, dodge Obi-Wan's swing, and then kill him. It's very consistent with his character.

>prequel movies
>Ever having consistency
Consistency of shit maybe

Go watch the move again.

>It's over, I have the high ground

He thought Obi-Wan was taunting him and/or underestimating his power. His pride was his downfall.

Do you think he would kill Obi?

>Is Anakin a retard?

Yes, watch the prequels again. He's a pants on head retard. He had to be otherwise the plot to move forward.

That's how poorly done the prequels are, they had to intentionally make the main character a moron to service the convoluted story.

If Anakin had made any one of a number of simple, intelligent decisions it would have broken the movie.

>watch the prequels again
Fuck off I'm not watching that shit, I never did.

>Do you think he would kill Obi?

Reminder that Obi-Wan is afraid of flying yet he willingly jumps out of a skyscraper window. The prequels are not worth discussing.

>Is Anakin a retard?
No. George is.

No. But George lucas is.

I'm afraid of spiders, but I still get between walls when wiring a houses.

fuck off

rude...

shoo prequelfag

I've only seen the force awakens and several of the licensed video games. I'm here for the memes.

>people are hating on prequels
is Sup Forums dare I say ... getting less shitty?

>Is Anakin a retard?

The more you watch it the funnier it gets

No one on this planet likes the prequels. The meta joke on this board is pretending to like them

youtube.com/watch?v=ddNXFwHDMSY

Anakin was stupid and fell for Obi Wan's head games.

This is actually one of the few good parts of the prequels IMHO.

Obi Wan is shown to be a smart strategist, and Annakin's arrogance brings about his downfall.

Lucas has interesting ideas but executes them horribly with his shitty writing.

he didn't understand that even flips don't keep obi wan from having the high ground (from a certain point of view)

narcissism

Back you go!

Did someone say RLM thread?

kys

the prequels are unironically better, anyone who says otherwise is blinded by nostalgia
>the guy who played Luke is a better actor than anyone in the prequels
literally brainless-tier thinking

Was Quigon a master of the high ground or was Obi Wan taught my a secretive master?

>still hating the prequels when the soulless kike nightmare of nu-starwars exists
I just don't get it.

It's highground, not highair

this may be the dumbest thing i have ever read

>I've never seen the prequels: the post

Disney shills are out in full-force tonight for some reason.

why would you

/thread

This and also the fact that they needed to to end the battle somehow with Anakin mauled but not dead.

This is what I don't get, are they trying to get people watch the new movies by saying the prequels were shit? They just spam the prequels were shit, same in the other SW threads, without giving a reason.
"It's shit because it's the prequels."

Yeah he was already getting rekt

That was a lucky shot

because he would have burned, just like it happened when his body fell near the shore it after being sliced

My guess is they want the prequels to look worse by comparison so that when Episode 8 ends up being another carbon-freeze copy of an OT film, they can say "b-b-but at least it's not the prequels!".

Absolutely no one is saying the new films are better. In fact, in a series with 7 main films 2 are good, 2 are mediocre and 3 are shit.

So Star Wars as a whole is more shit than good at this point.

Is that even possible? While the prequels weren't that good, they were enjoyable, they had their good moments, I liked the battle scenes, the droid army setting up is one of my favourite ones, and they did manage to connect with the story for the most part, there wasn't any canon breaking bullshit. Though arguably it was somewhat childish it was still SW. In contrast there is nothing good about the new movies, there wasn't a single thing I enjoyed, I was almost about to turn it off at several point, especially when Ray uses mind trick without any training. It's a clusterfuck copying from the orginals while stealing elements from the EU, and pushing retarded politics, it's not fun to watch.

fuck off prequel defence force

How much is your employer paying you?

why didn't they just froze padme in carbonite until they found a way to restore her will to live?

>goes in every thread and starts off by saying prequels sucks
>anyone who doesn't bow to him is a r*dditor shill
You bring nothing to the table, feel free to actually give any reasons why they are shit besides "lol, prequels are shit".

youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI&list=PLzCjDdp9y8Gb1cU-r_zt6MQ7xVQA1fklY

Here, tons of reasons, tons of people who agree with me. Read the comments if you want to get BTFO more

>Disney is paying people to go on an anonymous Chinese cartoon imageboard and shit-talk films from their very own IP

Because it is a kind of torture? They tried it on Han to see if it even works, they probably didn't even consider it.

Yes, but you didn't answer my question: How much are you getting paid for this?

You're a shill if you think that's impossible. We know that political organizations shill here, so why wouldn't a business do so as well?

>i hatee the prequels so much my faves? everything by disney :-)

That's nice. Now can you explain in your own words why the prequels are bad, instead of just parroting what other people say on the internet?

Remember that time Lucas expressed distaste for Episode 7, and then did a complete 180 the next day presumably after being payed a visit by armed Disney enforcers?

>It's shit, it's so bad, it's the worst movie ever
>proceeds to repeat it during the whole video
Lel, sure convinced me. Can you name like 5 things for that you don't like?

Woops, meant "paid". Fuck me.

>Sup Forums suddenly hates RLM
This boards gone to shit

>trying to find logic in this movie

Anakin should've obliterated Obi-Wan in 20 seconds.
Anakin could've jumped way higher over Obi-One.
Anakin could've probably just force-thrown molten lava/his platform at Obee-Juan
Anakin could've straight up beat Oebo-Jan in a battle of the will, involving force, choking him to death

>suddenly
costanza.jpg

It was fatigue, he was composed.
It was only fatigue.

Because discussion degrades to "anyone who disagrees with me must be a paid shill" . No one was saying the new films were better. Until someone made the assumption that if you didnt like the prequels then you must like the Disney films better.

Then why harp on the same tired complaints about the prequels rather than tear the Disney films apart?

He overestimated his power

Never liked it.

Watch the movie, had Anakin retained his reason he would have won, it's clear that the wanted to slice obi wan apart with his lightsaber and wasn't really considering anything else at that point.

Because it'se been done to death already? Nu-wars threads are non-stop. There is a thread every day about the shitty designs they came up witj for the next film and how its THE SABE SHIT BUT THIS TIME ITS BIGGER

>Anakin should've obliterated Obi-Wan in 20 seconds.
ehhhhhh no, you are talking just like if Obi-Wan Kenobi was just some random Jedi.

Are there a lot of spiders there?

You made me laugh really fucking hard. Like what the actual fuck was he thinking? Just gonna jump out this window and figure it out on my way down

the past cannot be forgotten just because a better present exists. Disney's Star Wars movies are far above and beyond the prequels in every way shape and form

>fucking spends the last 20 minutes of the movie TRYING his hardest to kill Obi-Wan
>Do you think he would kill Obi?

WRONG

they're both shit but for diferent reasons

incorrect

You don't know, maybe he was trying to take away his weapon and then he would try to convince Obi-Wan to join him and if he didn't then let him unconsious and put him in a cell or something. He was like his older brother you know.

Did you even watch the movie? Well, you are probably a shill considering the same post was posted in every single SW thread.

Don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again

Prequels:

>Fail to make anyone care about what is happening
>Heavyhanded CGI
>Characters' actions and motivations dont match up (with a few exceptions)

Nu-wars:
>Uncreative re-hash of ANH shot-for-shot
>Frantic pace that does not allow for any character development
>Starkiller Base is probably the most retarded thing in a film, ever.

There, they are both shit.

incorrect, Sequels are on level with the OT and even manage to surpass them in certain aspects. If you don't like the Sequels, you basically are admitting you don't like the OT

Why didn't Anakin just do that thing in episode one where the jedis run REALLY FAST to get away from the droids?

>even manage to surpass them in certain aspects

List them out, please.

audio-visual

titties, far more waifu material in the prequels

>audio-visual
>When this exists:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7hj6qP167k

eww

There is literally no good, original music in TFA.

wrong
youtu.be/65As1V0vQDM

Not him but
>nonsensical ploy full of plot holes
>underdeveloped characters that don't have motivation for their actions
>cgi that has aged terribly
>overuse of cgi
>anime lightsaber fights that place the spectacle over the relationships of the combatants

As someone who thought it was ok, that was my biggest problem with TFA. I've had the OT soundtrack playing in my head intermittently for the past 20 years, even the prequels had some great original tracks

Like I said, there is literally no good, original music in TFA.

kill yourself prequelfag see

>nonsensical ploy full of plot holes
Name 5 plot holes, then.

Like who? List some examples.

>cgi that has aged terribly
This is the only complaint that has any validity, but even then we can argue that the OT and TFA had some shitty effects, too.

>overuse of cgi
TFA actually uses more CGI than any prequel film. The prequels also used a lot of miniatures and sets, too.

>anime lightsaber fights that place the spectacle over the relationships of the combatants
The relationships and conflicts are still there, you just think that because they're bigger that they must be bad, which isn't true.

>full of plot holes
Like what?
Who exactly are you referring here? Most of the main cast was okay.
>cgi
Well, that's rather objective, I don't think this is a problem, besides they are reworking them constantly.
>overuse
Yeah, though, I wouldn't bury the prequels over it.
>anime fights
Only the Anakin vs Obi-wan fight was bad.