Does anyone here like Joss? Pretend you don't know about the recent rumors about his sex life...

Does anyone here like Joss? Pretend you don't know about the recent rumors about his sex life. From Buffy to Age of Ultron what's his appeal to have such a massive nerd following? Was Buffy The Vampire Slayer just THAT sexy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7DiWxcilWtU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=7DiWxcilWtU

No

Joss Whedon makes dumb people who know that deep down they're worthless feel like they're smart for getting his "jokes", just like Doctor Who or RDJ Sherlock Holmes. He may be the single person who did the most damage to entertainment in the past thirty years. There would be no current "geek culture", no Wil Wheaton, no SJW MTV if he hadn't existed.

Everything he's made is trash. The whole public flaying is way too excessive and it's kind of hilarious to see a Hollywood entertainer being torn down so completely for infidelity of all things when you know how much sickening evil shit really goes on in that environment. I still get a little bit of schadenfreude to see this pandering self-satisfied hack being cannibalized by his own. It's like the third time it's happened, it keeps getting worse and he keeps crawling back because he knows he could never make it in big-boy world where you have to do more than write a hot chick who shoots a guy and makes a quip.

He was on the cutting edge of "nerd chic" and geek culture of the 2000s. I don't particularly like his work but he's a pop culture innovator

He's not a bad writer. He's not a great writer, but being a decent writer makes you exceptional in Hollywood today.

Sure, he's a cunt in his personal life but if you go around perusing twitter all day to find shit to hate and reasons to get offended, you're an even bigger faggot than he is. And it doesn't have anything to do with his work.

buffy/angel were different for their time (and mostly good because of his collaborators) but he became insufferable after firefly & browncoats etc

I could have multiple gigabytes worth of laughably retarded shit he's said on twitter...
But then I remember that he wrote this travesty. What more do I even need to say?

He's a left wing extremist who thinks it's okay to attack people for exercising free speech and assembly because "lol superman and indiana jones punch le nazis xDDD"

He's TV's equivalent to Kevin Smith.

You're an even bigger faggot than he is.

joss has never made anything good

This.

yeah he's all right. never got past the first scene of firefly but cabin in the woods was pretty good

>Pretend you don't know about the recent rumors about his sex life.
What?

No, he's a terrible writer, and a dreadful influence.

Always hated the faggot. I used to troll gawker comments years ago with a smug picture of him as my avatar. I would act like an ultra leftist pansy who deep down knew he was the real scumbag. Turns out my troll character was true.

>Ok Scarlett, as I told you in the couch

Sounds like he knows how to OWN that pussy and some slags are mad about it.

Reminder that 8,000 years ago, only 1:17 men got to fuck a female. Joss has that alpha male in him and he knows what to say to get some dumb slag's dopamine flowing.

I am now a Joss supporter.

I am a Joss supporter. always was, always will be.

>He's not a bad writer
>wrote Alien Resurrection

Do you wear a "This Is What A Feminist Looks Like" shirt?

>tfw wb made up the rumours about whedon to butch up his image

The actors didn't say the dialog correctly.

no. I like that he fucked women by telling them lies and living a lie.

Joss started to sound pretty based. Women get flustered when men realize that women are supposed to come in harems.

What standard are you judging him by exactly? He's not Billy Wilder but when a guy like David Ayer is somehow working on big budget Hollywood films, what can you call Joss Whedon other than a decent writer?

He's a chad who's been hiding his power level this whole time.

No. Joe Sweden is a nu-male simp and I laugh every time I'm reminded he lost $500,000 trying to get Hillary elected

Ayer wrote Training Day. Don't throw him under the bus just because he got fucked over with 1 capeshit movie.

Fucking teenage whores for fun, while pretending to be feminist ally for good boy points? Sounds pretty based, Joss is my guy.

In time he will join us in the sun. I just need to somehow motivate him to stop being a queer. Anyone know where he lives?

I love him. Firefly is my favorite tv show and Avengers 1 is fantastic almost as better than The Dark Knight. Bite me.

I will always appreciate Joss because he made Firefly.
I tried to watch his next series, Dollhouse, but it didn't have the magic.

kys David Ayer is a good writer.

I'll do more than bite you, motha fucka

He is best when works outside of his comfort zone.

He is worst when he stays in his comfort zone of post modern ironic detachment (i.e quipping).

Why did everyone turn on Joss all of a sudden?

I was really only a fan of Firefly but he was super successful with the Avengers. Half of Hollywood is on their 5th husband or wife and his hardcore fans aren't people who particularly value the sanctity of marriage.

"Whose black cock must I insert into my anus to remove myself from this interstellar transportation?"

>all of a sudden
I've always been baffled by his popularity tbqh

He's a great writer. Especially when it comes to characters. Simply as that. And don't even come at me with "lolquips" memes. Writing clever shit is incredibly hard and you fedora wearing faggots act like it's pleb-tier trash writing.

His fanbase are ultra leftist feminists. If they didn't disavow him, they would look like massive hypocrites after bitching 24/7 about Trump grabbing pussy.

Avengers and Toy Story are the only two things he worked on that were any good.

>*Iron Man shoots bad guys*
>IRON MAN: Good talk.
>BAD GUY: No it wasn't!
Bravo, Joss

Clever writing isn't as rare or special as you think. Coherent story structure and fleshed out three dimensional characters are though, and Joss is dogshit at that.

This,but
It's truly so influencer?last thirty years?

Toy Story is one of the best movies Disney has ever done. I dont give a shit about him beyond that but i'm not going to act like he didnt work on it.

This.

Also Age of Ultron made me realize the man suffers severe manchild illness.

I don't get the appeal. He seems to be a teenage girl trapped in a 50 year old man's body and writes that way too. It's revolting. He's competent with a camera I suppose but He doesn't have the style or substance to make me care or want more. Their is no gravity to anything he does. He panders to women as if its something that isn't already ubiquitous in media

Remember when you used to think rapists were big guys? Turns out they're all doughy nu-males.
Why is that?

I never think about rapists at all ever. Whedon isn't even a rapist anyways unless you mean he rapes the cinematic landscape with his cancerous "movies"

He's not a good director. Everything he directs looks flat boring and ugly. All of his shows are the same. You might get tricked by the first one you see but once you realize he just copy&pastes everything to a new setting you realize how terrible he is and how people emulating him have ruined television.

>There would be no current "geek culture"
You must be fucking retarded to believe that.

No because Firefly is a memeshow and a shitty liveaction Cowboy Bebop.