Why did approximately zero people watch this show, Sup Forums?

Why did approximately zero people watch this show, Sup Forums?

Poor setting

If I wanted to watch monkeys I'd go to the zoo

It took a long time to make the characters interesting.

no one with money wants to watch niggers sing and dance

too exTreme

I watched every episode. It was truly terrible. I still have dreams of punching DJ Davis in the face.

t. user Anonymous

I downloaded the entire series and it's been sitting on my hd for several years now... Still haven't watched a single episode.

barely any storyline, and only a handful of interesting/fun characters and they ruined one of them by having her raped in season 1

the music was good but that wasn't enough

I enjoyed it but some of the plots are exhausting. I did like the whole " Jazz is dying plot line" honestly surprised it lasted as long as it did when stuff like Vinyl gets canceled.

It wasn't dark enough. I wanted to like it but the tone was too feel good. It was 'good people struggling'. Especially because it's a show about Jazz music, it felt hollow and disingenuous. Great jazz comes from pain and suffering. Even when the characters spiraled down, it was just to set them up for redemption.

Watched the first 2 seasons, but gave up. Just too many boring going nowhere arcs. Bunk on Trombone and the stoner radio guy were the only interesting characters.

The restaurant stuff in particular seemed super self-indulgent, having her work for Eric Ripert and David Chang just so they could get shoehorned into the show.

Because it was coming on the heels of The Wire and it was way too dull in comparison. It was also trying to make some kind of Katrina statement, but I think everybody was kind of over that by then.

>The restaurant stuff in particular seemed super self-indulgent, having her work for Eric Ripert and David Chang just so they could get shoehorned into the show.
completely forgot about that. might have been the most boring and pointless storyline of all time. why the fuck did simon david think being a chef would make for engaging tv?

It had some interesting parts and good music but it was too corny and boring

The parade scenes through the neighborhoods were absolute kino though

Its too patrician for filthy casuals and even for the Sup Forums upper crust

Is there anything lamer than some cuck worshiping chefs and musicians?

Treme was pathetic hipster fanboy posturing.

Boring subject matter.

whole show is pretty much
>bruh, hurricane katrina really fucked our shit up, but ya know, things wasn't always good just sayin'

there's nothing interesting going on in it. 90% of it is just food and music with some new orleans parade shit thrown in here and there. boring as hell.

I see where you are coming from but Treme deserves a closer examination. It delves with some of the issues in that part of the world post Katrina. A lot of it was stuff we just don't care about maybe that means its bad TV but if you search around you will see that all of new Orleans would not miss an episode. It is a faithful representation of life there and in my book that makes it really patrician. It also doesn't rely on any one character/entity to drive the plot forward like it did in the wire...
Yes this too.

I watched the whole thing as it aired. Truly amazing television with quite an impressive cast of characters. Sonny's transformation to a woman beating junkie street musician in season 1 to a stable, sober married fisherman in season 4 was truly something wonderful which I will never forget.

It was literally half-assed liberal' garbage. Just like The Wire.

The truth is never going to be told on HBO.

I don't care about how much David Simon puffs his chest out and bloviates.

I don't know. I just didn't watch it passed a few episodes. Maybe it's because I'm not American? But Generation Kill/The Wire are some of my favourite shows and I enjoyed what we've seen of The Deuce so far.

How so? In the wire and in treme simon shows how city government and democrats in general are shit cunts..

sometimes watching nigger shit gets really unbearble. barely made it through the Wire.