they're gruntcore

grumblecore?

this movie was just fucking awful

Last Vampire on Earth

Does this count?

best mumblecore coming through

>directs some indie documentary and a pair of shorts
>his first full lenght feature is a niche mumblecore scifi flick
>gets handed two sequels of two of the most famous film franchises around shortly afterwards

is this guy a dummy for some hollywood accounting scheme or what?

absolutely

Is Dumbledore mumblecore?

The 2nd dumbledore was in terms of how he didn't give a fuck about the books and made his own character.

>that cast
disgusting

I noticed this too, like what the fuck

Mumblekino from 1997 and beyond

Is bumble-whore mumblecore?

Pretty much any movie with Casey Affleck. This, Manchester by the Sea and Out of the Furnace in particular

a lot of joaquin phoenix's work is mumblecore

Define mumblecore and I'll gladly contribute

Holy fuck this thread just reminded me of this movie Gifted. It starts out as teh most insufferable movie on the planet and then by the end you're balling your eyes out just wanting shit to end up right for the little girl. If you want something that tugs on your heartstrings watch this but be warned the first third or half of the movie is hardly palatable but it all pays off in the end if you stick with it.

Monotone movies where characters mumble or stumble over their dialogue

Steven Spielberg saw Safety Not Guaranteed and was was so impressed by the time travel scene he asked him to do Jurassic World

>where characters mumble or stumble
That's not the actual definition, that's the pleb definition who take it literally.

western mumblecore kino

I am sorry that you're wrong.

Technically it's movies with """"realistically"""" delivered dialogue. What that usually translates to is people mumbling or stumbling over words.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumblecore
Hello, retard. There's plenty of films that can be classified as "mumblrecore" with no actual mumbling. What kind of a film do you have where every character constantly mumbles like a braindead imbecile? That's what you're suggesting.

Look I am not going to begrudge or anything just because you're wrong it happens, you know? It's totally okay to be wrong like you.

>Mumblecore is a subgenre of independent film characterized by naturalistic acting and dialogue (often improvised)
Aka mumbling. That's where the AND comes from. Are you willfully dense or do you lack basic reading comprehension?

Clean your fucking feet you nasty nigger

Shut up, sweetie.
"Naturalistic acting and dialogue" and improvisation equals mumbling all the time? Where does it say that? It doesn't. Jarmusch's Stranger Than Paradise is listed as mumblecore, and it certainly doesn't have characters literally mumbling through, rather just "naturalistic" dialog through. French New Wave is listed as the roots of mumblecore, but someone like Godard doesn't have characters literally mumbling through their dialog, pic related.