Action Comics #966 Storytime

"Lois Lane: Back at the Planet" part two!

Lana superior Superwoman

Dat cover, though.

Jon confirmed for Gohan.

C H I L I
H
I
L
I

>Better than Oliver's chili

Them's fighting words

Jon is definitely Gohan. I just hope doesn't end up like him.

> This before Flash

why

This is fucked up. How can anyone like them doing this to new 52 superman and Lois?

>Back when the other Superman died
>the other Superman
I am easily triggered. Lana should be saying "my Superman".

My shop stopped getting these Gary Frank covers. For some reason DC's website doesn't always show them when an issue has one - anyone know a site where I can see all of them?

Detective Comics: Hal Jordan & the GLC:

If only you knew.

I'm still not convinced N52 Lois is dead. I don't care how many issues try to convince me otherwise.

Please tell me this means Kong Kenan will fucking die.

I imagine they will explain it or even restore them in some way when the time to fight Manhattan comes???

He'll be around for some time user-kun.

This is so god damned stupid.

>oh no, her dad might feel sad if he knows his daughter us dead!

No shit. He's supposed to feel sad about it. How the fuck is he going to feel if he finds out that the girl he raised died say six months ago and he's been hanging out with a copy in the interim? Do any of these comic writers know any actual people?

This should all blow up in Lois's face. This is really fucked up.

TRIGGERED
why does Jurgens hate based Ollie

And

>Lois Lane is back!

These jokers are a subtle as a boot to the face.

Which means Dr Omen or Luthor knows the raw energy is lethal, or they wouldn't have made/stolen modified the technology used to empower Super-Douche. And if they don't make a point to address that then it either means something else killed Lois, or someone at DC is retarded. The obvious explanation is because Nu52 Superman wasn't actually Superman, he was a replacement given artificial powers.

They weren't questioning whether Lois' family would grieve. They KNOW Lois' family would grieve. Lois herself knew before she "died", which is why SHE asked mommy Lois to take her place. It was a final request from the deceased.

To be fair, Sam Lane is a fucking asshole.

Jurgens has been rearranging deck chairs to restore the classic Superman status quo since his Action run started. It's obvious that his endgame is having Clark and Lois back at the Planet, living in Metropolis with Jon.

Has the road to that end result been rushed and a bit sloppy? Sure, but we all know what's really going on here and everybody has already decided if they're on board with it or not.

LEGION

>final request from the deceased

You do nice things for someone in that kind of situation. You don't fuck everyone else over to do it though.

>Sam Lane is an asshole

Pretending to be his dead daughter is more fucked up than anything he's done recently. So who's the asshole now?

You mean really happy and with a loving family of his own, generally at peace and not having to constantly risk his life all the time?

Yeah, Gohan's life is garbage. He accomplished exactly what he wanted to.

holy shit, rebirth superman REALLY DOES SUCK.

at least jon is maintaining his personality but everything else is falling apart just to put superman in his normal statuos quo, even when its bizarre, like changing someone who died and putting someone really different in the place.

fuck jurgens, fuck dc

You can put me firmly in the not category.

>How the fuck is he going to feel if he finds out that the girl he raised died say six months ago and he's been hanging out with a copy in the interim?
I get the feeling that they don't know for sure this Earth's Lois is really, really dead. They live in a comic universe, after all. Death is a revolving door, so they want to wait until more information comes to light.

You can wait for confirmation all day long without impersonating a missing person. You know that step's completely unnecessary, right?

The show must go on.

>Saturn Girl
>Saturn Girl
>Saturn Girl

She's locked up in Arkham, Clark! Go save her!
Free the Legion!

It can go on without me. This book is gross.

I like how both Loises have different eye color and hair color.

>not even her parents can tell she isn't their real daughter

this is getting depressing

I can't tell you how happy I was when they brought back pre-Flashpoint Lois and she still had auburn hair.

That was always my favorite visual cue to differentiate her from pre-crisis Lois.

Are you guys forgetting or just ignoring that pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois are the actual factual Superman and Lois of this universe and that the New 52 versions were the "copies"?

that's something only we readers know tho
for everyone else in universe things are different

> even the flash can't catch me

in a charity race probably

I think that was confirmed when we first saw him as a baby

seriously
she's right there

Let's not pretend Ollie's Chili isn't universally hated by all. Anybody have the recipe? I might try and make it

True, but the Rebirth one-shot showed that even though the characters of the DC Universe aren't aware of what exactly is going on, they do realize that something is amiss and are subconsciously taking steps to change it. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what Jurgens is angling for with all these status quo changes. The characters are doing what feels "right" to them even if they don't realize it.

Do they? Look at the bottom panel of the previous page. Nu52 Lois eyes are purple

Because we aren't casuals and we know this isn't the end of them

General Lane raised his daughter and they had a lifetime of memories together. That girl is dead. Now there's a different woman wearing her face and her clothes and her whole life, but it's not her.

Imagine someone replacing someone you care about. Just because they can be pretty convincing doesn't make it anything other than a complete betrayal.

See
She says "My Clark". Stop looking for slights mate

>Saturn Girl

She's at Arkham, Clark! Go get her for fucks sake!

There's a scan somewhere. I sadly don't have it though...

do we know these guys or are they new?

Then what the fuck is the point of trying so hard to replace them?

>How the fuck is he going to feel if he finds out that the girl he raised died say six months ago and he's been hanging out with a copy in the interim

But this Lois IS his real daughter. Time has been altered and everything is fucked up. The other Lois is something else entirely

I'm OK with Lois back at the planet but I want Superman to remain on the farm

That's not... completely accurate. Rebirth has shown us that memories of events prior to Flashpoint were altered by an external force currently believed to be Dr Manhattan, right? And up until Flashpoint, pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois were the Superman and Lois of this universe. And the recent Lois and Clark series picks up right at the tail end of the first New 52 Justice League arc, so you could easily make the assertion that this is when the "switch" took place and everything prior to that is just memory tampering.

That's just a theory, but the important takeaway is that pre-Flashpoint Superman and Lois have just as much of a claim to being the "real" Superman and Lois that their New 52 counterparts do, since before Flashpoint they WERE the Superman and Lois of this universe.

We haven't seen her interact with her parents

Both are his daughters, but there's a timeline/niverse divergence at one point and it's been merging back into itself since Rebirth. Probably.

DC has a character who has met three or four versions of the same great grandson, so at least it could be worse.

Just because the real Superman and Lois are back doesn't mean there isn't more that can be done with Superbro.

This is probably mandated.

Who the hell are these guys

>He doesn't like Kenan.

>lois and nusupes die in pretty much the same way
Yeah nah they're coming back

Nice cover.

It is the end of them mate. Even if they do come back, they'll probably get name changes and other such things, Superdad and Mama Lois are permanent.

Variant cover is probably the better of the two.

Fine by us idiot, keep mourning tje EW52 fakes, but they are the Ben Reilys of their day.

What is even going on here? Lil nig can't fly... yet he's flying??? The fuck?

No they aren't, and even if you're right, they won't be Superman and Lois anymore. They'll wind up in a book that won't sell and fade into obscurity.

>No they aren't
I would bet money that they will

Did they only put this hack on the title so he can right the status quo while shitting on Superbro's legacy? Is he going to fuck off once the status quo for Superbitch is restored?

What the hell else can be done with Superho at this point? Nobody fucking read anything he got up to, he was completely uninteresting and did'nt move books. They would'nt have gone to all this trouble if he was a fiscal powerhouse. Give the fuck up already. Diana's through trying to bang him, we have a happy, wholesome Superman, what is Superho going to be? The same moody angsty edgelord fuck he was at the start of the EW52?

I have never seen anyone in a comic look as shocked as they do there.

he's gonna be on it till #1000 unless sales tank hard

Why are Lois' eyes purple?

Does'nt matter. They still won't be Lois and Clark anymore.

Jurgens is like the definition of a mediocre writer. He can pretty consistently produce scripts that are passable, but no more.

This is fucking retarded. The whole thing of her stepping in like a pod person is creepy as fuck.

>06/2016: Action Comics #957 -- 82,884 (+136.1%) [95,893]
>06/2016: Action Comics #958 -- 83,227 (- 4.6%) [91,462]
>07/2016: Action Comics #959 -- 91,671 (+ 0.2%)
>07/2016: Action Comics #960 -- 83,281 (- 9.2%)
>08/2016: Action Comics #961 -- 79,003 (- 5.1%)
>08/2016: Action Comics #962 -- 70,761 (- 10.4%)
>ACTION COMICS #963 [*] (DC) - 60,824
>ACTION COMICS #964 (DC) - 58,439
Definitely tanking, although not as hard as I'd like.

How long until New 52 Lois comes back? They had her on the cover of Superwoman for a couple issues after she died. They obviously plan on bringing her back.

>The same moody angsty edgelord fuck he was at the start of the EW52?

He was never that