Was he the last President who actually knew what he was doing abroad...

Was he the last President who actually knew what he was doing abroad? He's the lest one to have had any foreign policy experience.

Attached: 1200px-George_H._W._Bush,_President_of_the_United_States,_1989_official_portrait.jpg (1200x1385, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States#Public_opinion_polls_on_recent_presidents
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing
salon.com/2006/06/20/911pdb/
youtube.com/watch?v=byxeOG_pZ1o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't he use his CIA connections to try to assassinate Reagan?

Never heard about that desu

who the hell is this

they seriously dont teach that in american schools?
its amazing how brainwashed you cunts are

Jeb Bush the 1st.

LMAOOO LOOK AT HIS HAIRLINE THO

Our last real president. He nearly got eaten by the Japanese during the war.

An adequate at best president and a typical establishment government insider.

After the Gulf War, he was almost a shoe-in for reelection, but then the economy tanked and some other factors, and in comparison to the youthful Bill Clinton, he just looked like some old, weak government bureaucrat.

He should've gone all the way with Iraq

>shilling to keep the Soviet Union together
What did he mean by this?

Like all Beltway/CIA insiders, he was still hung up on the idea of detente and that the existence of the USSR was an immutable, unchangeable thing. None of these guys had Reagan's vision of a world without Soviet communism.

Controversy and his disgusting wife aside, he was quite a good president.

Attached: 1200px-Bill_Clinton.jpg (1200x1566, 347K)

We were always just tsundere for each other.

He let himself get pushed around by threats from Russia.
I lose a lot of respect for him because of that, other than that he was just decent.
Nothing about his presidency was note-worthy, and the history books show that. As they focus on the scandal, rather than his actual policies.

Attached: 1498583556799.jpg (638x795, 212K)

>he was quite a good president
In what way? Sure not for incinerating 33 women and children in Waco or killing off over one million manufacturing jobs in the US with free trade agreements.

>Nothing about his presidency was note-worthy, and the history books show that.
No they don't. He was the most popular president we've had since FDR which is really fucking impressive, competing with giants like Reagan. His presidency coincided with some of our greatest economic growth ever and it really wasn't that long ago at all.

him, carter ford and nixon get shat on way too much

no he fucking wasn't lel. nafta ripped our cunt a new asshole and caused millions of spics to come here

Also, as for Billy's scandal, I honestly don't give a fuck and the polls show that most Americans didn't either. I'm saying this as a Trump supporter too, but I hate how he gets lumped in with that nasty bitch Hillary when he actually has quite the legacy.

That’s why he lost.

Millions of spics came here because of LBJ and was exacerbated by retards like Bush '41

>He was the most popular president we've had since FDR which is really fucking impressive, competing with giants like Reagan.
t. Bill Clinton

Absolutely no one says he was the most popular since FDR, especially considering JFK was MORE popular than FDR

>He was the most popular president we've had since FDR which is really fucking impressive, competing with giants like Reagan
This is a troll, right? The guy got 43% of the popular vote in 1992 and would not have been elected aside from Ross Perot stealing some Republican votes and the 96 election had record low turnout, just 49% of eligible voters.

Are you guys daft? Honest question

Attached: Clinton_approval_rating.png (834x527, 13K)

Ike

its the fault of several presidents and a business community that loves cheap labor really. nafta certainly accelerated it though

approval rating hardly shows how popular a president is

wtf?

He will

Attached: F5D17222-73F7-4BC8-8FF0-5A55997D4235.jpg (800x600, 96K)

IDK, Yuropoors seemed to love the guy.

For a current president it is accurate.

But for an ex-president it isn't.

Popularity is determined by how a president is remembered, and if it is good or bad.

Post-WW2 list would be like this.

1. JFK
2. Reagan
3. Eisenhower
4. Truman
5. Johnson
5. Obama
6.Clinton
7. Bush Sr.
8. Carter
9. Ford
10. Bush Jr.

NAFTA was Bush Sr.

China was Clinton.

Shit I forgot Nixon, oh well

it was signed by clinton thus he takes responsibility

I mean you're just wrong. Billy ranks within top 3 behind JFK and Reagan every time. I made a mistake earlier too by saying he's the most popular since FDR, what I should've said is he was the most popular leaving office which is more specific.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States#Public_opinion_polls_on_recent_presidents

(You) on the left

Attached: F0C1AEA4-8FFB-4279-AF8A-8AFEA71149D4.jpg (1331x664, 198K)

Clinton was far from a popular or well-liked president especially in his first term. It's also pretty bad to have your party lose control of the White House when the economy is doing well as it was in 2000.

>Al-Qaeda gained strength under Clinton so it’s his fault the US invaded Iraq

Bush Sr. wrote the bill and passed it through the committees. All Clinton did was sign it.

He ignored and handwaved the first islamist attack on the World Trade Center

On top of which, Sudan offered to give us Osama bin Laden for free and he said no.

>All Clinton did was sign it.
ever heard of the buck stops here?

Nigger did you not take government in HS?
A president can easily prevent a bill from becoming law, even if Congress approves.

In his first term yes but in his second term consistently held approval ratings >60% which RARELY dipped for almost 4 straight years. His average approval rating was 55.1% compared to Reagan's 52.8% and his 2nd term's average of 60.6% is the highest since WW2 even beating out Ike. He left office with the highest approval since WW2, again, even past Eisenhower.

It's pretty crazy to say Clinton was unpopular. Yeah maybe during his first term but his 2nd term was so strong that it averages him out to one of the most popular presidents in the last 80 some years.

Proofs?

Didn't he almost get impeached in his 2nd term? Not to mention of course leaving the White House with a Republican president moving in.

Al Gore was a shitty candidate and Bush Jr. was a great one

He also only lost by 700 “votes” in Florida.

He got impeached yeah then the charges were dropped.

It was veto proof...

Wish he succeeded

not the guy you responded to but he was popular even through the impeachment process. republicans were just being obnoxious

Honestly I'm far from president of Bill's fan club but history will remember him as a very good president who was very popular. A lot of the hate he gets is unjust collateral damage from HRC.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing
He basically gave it to the FBI and let it be.

>as a Trump supporter

Attached: 214E5FFA-CAF9-4C02-B877-74962E64656D.png (1041x1054, 118K)

erm yes that is the FBI's job?

>HAHA LE BLUMPFENSTUMPFENBERGENDRUMPFFLFFFF

Clinton was the guy who started the NSA surveillance state.

from what i remember he has a bunch of blood ties with british nobility and is related to the queen somehow. no doubt the upperclass elites from both countries schemed to put together their little new world order

i wanted to say Jimmy Carter but nah i agree with you OP

Nixon deserves it. Sure, he thawed relations with China, founded the EPA and conservation efforts but Kissinger was a monster. His foreign policy lead to coups and mass murder.
Love me some carter tho

Wait, wasn't Jimmy Carter the guy who banned construction of nuclear reactors because of a couple butthurt hippies after a minor accident that didn't get anyone killed?

Bipartisan support.
Both sides are guilty.

Except FBI doesn't do international terrorism, CIA does.

>trump is fucking based! Remember to upvote and praise kek my fellow MAGApedes!!

Attached: BA7018CD-0D29-4279-A836-0679EC27DA1F.png (1200x1630, 642K)

kek this guy got cucked by saddam

Since you're not American I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not post a brainlet here.

maybe, but asked about "ABROAD" policies
in what domestic policies Bush Sr. fucked up?

wasn't worth his time. sent his son to snatch him up to get hanged

>but Kissinger was a monster. His foreign policy lead to coups and mass murder
Most of the people who died were commies and they don't count as actual humans anyway.

i expect shitty free trade deals from the gop. i hold dems to a higher standard because they ostensibly are supposed to look out for workers interests though im well aware thats no longer the case

Dems have been a joke since the Obongo era began. Quite the nasty party. GOP ain't too hot either but I chock it up to Republicans being incompetent rather than vicious.

salon.com/2006/06/20/911pdb/
>"All right. You've covered your ass, now."

I liked Obongo
Dude had his flaws but I think as a whole he headed the US in the right direction.

It's your opinion so I won't fault you for it but I reckon that's mostly because you're from the outside looking in. He set us on a path that Bush began which is police state corporatism.

dems have been the same party they were at the start of the clinton era with the New Dems, the DLC and their shitty neoliberal economics. the GOP has been the same since Reagan. the american political landscape is total shit. there is literally no party or political movement you can join that even hints at resisting the brownification of america that is more than an extreme fringe.

>i hold dems to a higher standard because they ostensibly are supposed to look out for workers interests
Is this the 1950s?

Do you remember any great terrorism scare back at the 90s? I know CIA does not operate on the US soil (atleast not publicly) but shit, terrorists almost take down two huge towers and after 8 years, the same organization finally does it? That's the same kind of negligence as France in WW2.

>He set us on a path that Bush began which is police state corporatism.
By this, he means continuing the NSA illegal spying, being cozy with Wall Street by giving them a bail out.
He also staged 7 interventions in other countries, contributed to Middle East instability and drone strikes.
Overall, he was an average neoliberal president.

Idk if it's bullshit but I read that for the first time in many years that white Americans had above replacement birthrates. Trump has shown that rhetoric will send beaners home and prevent them from coming.

>Idk if it's bullshit but I read that for the first time in many years that white Americans had above replacement birthrates
I think the last year it happened was in 2007.

buddy, at 56% you might just wanna not concentrate on ethnic demographics too much. the time to actually reverse immigration was the 70s at the latest.

We're not actually 56%, but I know what you mean.

His son George Bush. Radical Islam is a plague

I'm aware of that but I think it's just the natural evolution of the american administration that not even Bush started (eventhough it became more visible during his presidency) and can't really be inputed to any american president eventhough they're all a little responsible

As for getting out of the police state corporatism, it is the same, there is only so much a man can do and at best i'd say an american president will just be able to slightly shift the trend but nothing that'll be noticeable until much much later.

>By this, he means continuing the NSA illegal spying, being cozy with Wall Street by giving them a bail out.
>He also staged 7 interventions in other countries, contributed to Middle East instability and drone strikes.
And the gay pride colors on the White House.

A new world order. A new world order. A new world order. A new world order. A new world order. A new world order.
youtube.com/watch?v=byxeOG_pZ1o

Attached: 85778785785.png (1200x1385, 1.25M)

So what I'm getting from this thread is that no one remembers Bush 41 and constantly get sidetracked talking about Bill.

Is that a good thing?