Why do the British make better documentaries than Americans?

Why do the British make better documentaries than Americans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kWjkqw7SeRI&t=71s
youtube.com/watch?v=68Ix3YIhmlI
youtube.com/watch?v=ikVMXhcjbYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no lion noises
>no guy speaking Australian
>effeminate narrator
plz

Because the ordinary is enough to intrigue us Brits whereas Americans need a cool action sequence.

They don't. You're just talking about a very specific type of TV documentary.

This pretty much. The British make documentaries. Americans make parodies of documentaries.

Lack of education
ADD

Americans are incapable of producing something that isn't marketing or propaganda, a good documentary should be neither of those things.

the episodes with him in QI are pure kino

Give me some documentary Kino

the ordinary is enough to intrigue you because you have no budget to make things extraordinary like merica :^D

baraka, by ron ricke, an american

Like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=kWjkqw7SeRI&t=71s

can you not in to dramatization for the sake of entertainment?

british documentaries are funded by the british government, so they are higher quality.

it's a nice break between your propaganda shows.

this

Holy shit I hate us documentaries. Lots of people talking, loud music, faux suspense and hype. It's testament to the poor attention span and unsophisticated tastes of the American people.

>everything is a spike tv show that runs at 11pm on saturday after mxc marathons
stay obsessed fags

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
the absolute state of American learning. No wonder you woke up to find Mordechain Greenberg and his tribe in charge of your country.

Cox told me about the seed vault. What is that fucker hiding?

They generally make everything film related better. The only thing they lack to really compete with the us are huge budgets.

Comfy

Werner herzog docs are usually pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=68Ix3YIhmlI

>They generally make everything film related better.

Holy fuck that is retarded

British documentaries are more informative/interesting

American documentaries are more fun

I like Herzog's stuff best though

Thin blue line

retarded nationlistic cockwaving on the internet was a mistake

Planet Earth and everything by BBC natural history department especially if narrated by David Attenborough

BBC have a mandate to "educate" so a significant portion of their budget goes to educational programming, whereas American TV you don't have publicly funded broadcasting. to that degree where government has a direct hand in its focus.

As far as I am aware, there's still a significant portion of the Conservative government who thinks the BBC should be nothing but documentaries and Radio 4. Good luck with that.

PBS is better than the BBC though. Ken Burns makes Burgerkino.

I swear I hadn't even seen that link posted above before posting and it was exactly the type of stupid that I was describing

The BBC would be better if it was just documentaries. They're a vast improvement on the other shit they put out like Doctor Who, "historical" dramas or any of the crap they used to make for BBC 3.

What about BBC News though? Its still the best.

JUST

They can privatise it for all I care, I barely watch any BBC programming at this point. But, as much as the fluff you point out is childish nonsense, it certainly gives the UK a smidgen of cultural clout, so it feels unfounded and somewhat short sighted to suggest that they scale back to something that takes 4 years to film at a time and nothing else.

But hey, as I mentioned at the start, fuck it.

what the fuck is this

>Its still the best.

Quite a few PBS docos are brought from other UK channels though. i.e. Channel 4.

An English accent is just more refined and intelligent than an American one. Always.

Unless you're from Newcastle

t. globalist with no sense of international friendly competition

>geordies, scousers and cockney wankers
Oh yeah, so refined and intelligent.

*talks condescendingly through a forced smile*
*needlessly slow and methodical hand gestures*

He's a shitty attention whore flying the flag of awe-inspiring altruism.

Crumb

AND IT WAS HERE, IN THESE SKIES THAT THE LUFTWAFFE WAS DESTROYED

NOT JUST BY BRAVE AIRMEN IN FIRE AIRCRAFT. BUT BY INVISIBLE BEAMS OF ELECTROMAGNETIC ENERGY THAT COULD SEE FURTHER THAN THE HUMAN EYE. THE GREAT BRITISH SECRET WEAPON, WADAR

In England we are taught that if the English are adults, Americans are children

Not because Richard Attenborough, for certain. God I hat this man's voice. Brits have stunning voice talents, why tf they keep using this old fart?

For example, that dude playing Beric Dondarrion (Richard Dormer) has a voice to kill for.

Whats better?

Not just documentaries. Consider Gordon Ramsey's Hells Kitchens or whatever it's called. Brit version is Gordon genuinely trying to help people in dire straights - and those people wanting his help, taking his critcism and working with him. The US version is all DRAMA, SHOUTING, LOUD MUSIC.

>Not because Richard Attenborough, for certain. God I hat this man's voice. Brits have stunning voice talents, why tf they keep using this old fart?
You do know Jurassic Park wasn't a documentary?

>and those people wanting his help
Kitchen Nightmares. Though there were actually a fair few instances where they flat out ignore his advice. Also the problems in the UK version are always shown to be way less severe. Most of the fixes boiled down to 'fix your lighting and simplify your menu'. The worst case I can recall was the Granary.

This is why BBC Four is the best BBC channel, nothing but kino documentaries as far as the eye can see.

Test

>Richard Attenborough

le retarded american faec

America makes Ancient Aliens and shows it on the """"History"""" channel. Anything they say can be disregarded instantly because of this.

*posts fedoralord who makes documentaries for dummies*

Don't forget Worsley

This man created dinosaurs and you're only concerned with his voice?

space is literally full of dead monkeys

Granted. But every US version of the show I've seen includes a head chef who refuses to believe his food stinks, owners who are flat out stupid and family drama.

The UK one is generally comfy TV. Best one is still that Carribean place that had amazing food.

It was a joke retards

>Best one is still that Carribean place that had amazing food.
That one was great. He genuinely enjoyed the food, and it was basically just 'advertise better and make your dining space brighter'

Compare that to one of the equivalent US episodes, where the owner said something along the lines of 'Maybe Gordon just doesn't understand what soul food is supposed to taste like'

american autism
youtube.com/watch?v=ikVMXhcjbYc

The World at War

>Grizzly Man
>Happy People
>Encounters at the End of the World
>Into the Inferno
>Cave of Forgotten Dreams
>Lo and Behold
>Into the Abyss
>The Act of Killing

Literally /kino/. I'm also a fan of Adam Curtis' "All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace," but it's more devisive.