Was this a joke?

Was this a joke?

biggest bait movie ever made

'member wheatposting?

it's the only explanation i have

how could the guy who very recently made a pretty good movie (The Martian) be such a complete and utter hack and fuck up his franchise forever with Prometheus and Covenant?

surely he's just taking the piss right?

no, it's simply a good argument to use when someone ask for more films of X franchise or complains a franchise being dead. Also, it works for those who think that because the original creator is involved it means the project is automatically good.

>a pretty good movie (The Martian)

I am but a simple farmer

Everytime i lose my shit

>we landed on an alien planet
>one of our crew members instantly get sick
>lets cover ourselves in his blood
OK

it's like a fucking parody

>no edit with a banana peel and slapstick sound effects

Why do "scientists" in the alien saga hate helmets?

AYYYYYYY LMAO
I still haven't seen it. Probably won't. Are there any more of idiotic moments like that in a movie?

Yes, the "have a look" scene

David is right in the movie. These people should not be allowed to spread.

Have a webm of it by chance? YT returns nothing

>Are there any more of idiotic moments like that in a movie?
Let's say there is one robot in the crew. Later an identical, but evil, robot shows up. This evil robot is stranded. What would you expect the evil robot to do?

It's too long and needs context.

Basically, alium kills crew member. David is snuggling with it. Oram shoots it dead and confronts David... then proceeds to do everything the nutjob robot tells him to do, including looking into an egg pod.

>David was the good guy the whole time

Have passionate sexings, of course! Yeah, i've seen some webm of David from Prometheus kissing Fassbender#2. Absolutely ebin

>proceeds to do everything the nutjob robot tells him to do, including looking into an egg pod.

the entire film has stupid moments like that, but that was probably the worst

Nope sorry, but it's the first scene in the movie with a facehugger egg.

The retarded Captain of the entire expedition sees David "play" with a Neomorph after it kills his crewmember and shoots it and threatenes to kill David. Only to comply with everything David says and look inside a fucking egg pod.

The very last scene of the movie is the big reveal that they switched..

It's obvious as soon as you see the two robots. Then just in case people have their head up there ass, it's more obvious after the fight that results in the good one dying. But then they do the ending like you didn't see it coming hours ago.

The crew seems to be completely suicidal.

Honestly, the only thing i liked about Prometheus was the scenes with gadgets and giant squid in the end. I'm willing to watch the new one just for the gadgets as well.

nothing as slapstick as this just Prometheus-style retarded characters ignoring all logic so the plot can progress. It's worse than Prometheus for this kind of stuff desu. At least they kept the ship safe in Prometheus.

WATCH THIS MOVIE ON WEED
I PROMISE ITS FUCKING AMAZONG

Do you realize that he didnĀ“t wrote the screenplay for any of those movies, right? (Both movies had different writers)

Many, but this is the worst along with guy figures out robot is evil, the robot asks the guy to come with him to show him an alien egg, the robot asks the guy to take a look inside the egg, he does...you know what happens next

What about the "fuck our very important mission, let's go on this literally who planet that we never saw before" thing?

WOOB WOOB WOOB WOOOB

This was one of the things that bothered me the most.
>DUDE I CAN'T BE ASSED GOING BACK TO DAT ANNOYING CRYOSLEEP SO LET'S TAKE A MASSIVE GAMBLE AND RISK THE ENTIRE MISSION LOL

And these are supposed to be trained astronauts

>enter unknown planet
>don't even bother putting helmets on because atmosphere is earth-like

no only just trained astronauts, but colonists, billions spent to colonise this planet they never get to, couple thousand crew left in stasis. What a fuck up

They didn't want to go back in stasis because it fucked up and cooked that guy. And settling on the closer planet would have saved them resources. I think that was the only part that didn't seem totally contrived.