I want to increase my understanding of politics, philosophy, etc. but I don't know where to start

I want to increase my understanding of politics, philosophy, etc. but I don't know where to start.

What are the best introductory books to politics and international relations? Are there any recommended redpilled books that every Sup Forumsack should read?

I just finished Clash of Civilizations by Samuel Huntington and I didn't really fancy it so I'm looking for new suggestions.

Pic related, is this list legit?

Other urls found in this thread:

educ.jmu.edu//~omearawm/ph101willtobelieve.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

here's some tits for the trouble

nobody reads here?

I don't read but here is a bump

If you want some philosophy, I would recommend "Where Am I?", by Daniel Dennett.

Just don't be on any drugs while reading this, or your mind will literally devide by zero...

If you haven't read 1984 (which I doubt) I highly recommend it.

Reaf the lessons of history ;)

48 laws of power & 33 Strategies of War - both awesome books with all sorts of historical reference in them - although anything related to say the Rothschilds is going to be muh oppression muh amazing family that went from rags to riches by the power of incest and being powerful enough to lend to kings - despite supposedly being poor and oppressed (48 laws of power's section about keeping things in the family or w.e)

You have read all of these books?

What about Julius Evola?

No, thats just some Sup Forums reading list I saved.

48 laws of power I have though, Id suggest this one too in pic related, good stuff.

I have already read them. I think they are pretty much bullshit desu fampai... even 50 Cent and Drake praise them...

Haven't read it, everyone keeps telling it is a lame book and not worth it

These look promising, thanks buddy

Pic related sounds pretty interesting to me, wondering if anyone has read it themselves?

>I have already read them. I think they are pretty much bullshit desu fampai... even 50 Cent and Drake praise them...

I personally enjoyed them because they are a collection of historical stories, with points to them.. some pretty funny actually.

Its the type of book you can open up at any page and start reading, pick any law and just read that one, put it down, pick it back up whenever.

Good while taking a dump.

Start with plato nigga. Fucking read the platos. Then move on to muh nigga Aristotle. After reading those two, you will be equipped to read a lotta shit muh nigga. nomsayin. After the aristotles read whatever fuckinh philosophy you want and you will be able to tell if its shit or whatever.

Read "Brave new world", its better than 1984. Both are relevant, but brave new world is more in your control

Ah, heres another list.

Starship Troopers I enjoyed, cheated and listened to it on audio book though, some of this stuff you can get on youtube for free and just throw it on, like the 33 strategies of war.

Not really what I was looking for

Those are all novels and I don't waste my time reading faggy stuff like that

I'm looking for something more of the lines of first-year PoliSci/International relations books that some of you might recommend.

I recently came across a link to an online repository with 50+ ebooks, does anyone have the link?

>I'm looking for something more of the lines of first-year PoliSci/International relations books that some of you might recommend.

So you want political science material from a communist indoctrination centers first year.

Anyways, I ended up asking a similar question of /lit/ a couple years ago and got told "read this pro commie book, read that pro commie book, read noam chompsky, I think someone even suggested foucault.

I didnt really get an answer, and just resorted to the Sup Forums reading lists. Theres a HUGE imgur thing with all sorts of different lists, even Australian literature gets its own sub section... but I dont know the link to it.

I picked up Trumps book, it was good, its labelled "political science" :D Other than that, its mostly just communist drivel that I know of.

Id say:

Is probably the best bet. The Republic is part of most of the lists we pass around here like:

I havent read it myself, but as I understand it gives a good base.

I have a friend who's doing a Philosophy, Politics and Economics course at University of York and I came across some of the books they gave him for reading and they were very good however I remember that I couldn't find them online anywhere so I just gave up searching.

I'm sure there are anons lurking here who are PoliSci/IR students and could shed some light on this topic, I guess we'll just have to wait and see

Start with the Greeks.

Alternatively, my captcha is Descartes Reed, so if you're a superstitious person you might want to skip to him.

Hes a good test. Flip to the sections about Gaddafi. Does it paint him as a madman, or someone who created the country with the highest standard of living in all of Africa.

How about world war 2, was Hitler bent on world domination for his aryan race, or was he simply locked into a war with Poland because Churchill refused his peace deal calling for his initial demands of a highway across the occupied territory Poland remained in after ww1, and a referendum for the Germanic people in said occupied territory.

Then check out Nelson Mandela. Was he a heroic peacemaking freedom fighter, or the creator of the youth wing of a terrorist organization resposible for torturing people with practices such as lighting tires filled with gasoline on fire while stretched around their bodies until they burned to death.

If Nelson Mandela is a hero, and Gaddafi is a madman, and Hitler wanted world domination and to genocide anyone who wasnt Aryan, youre reading communist/globalist propaganda and should probably stop.

Pic related.

NOT good bathroom reading.

It didnt even call Mao a villain.

no, fuck PolSci as it exists in academia (where I'm from, anyway). It is disgusting, slanted, ultra-pro-democracy garbage.

Read these:
>"La Loi" - Bastiat (very short, easy read)
>"Democracy in America" - de Tocqueville (longer read)
>"The Road to Serfdom" - Hayek
This is not an economics book, nor is it as heterodox as Hayek's economic theories; it is meant as a political essay that uses (mostly) unucontroversial economics.
>"Thus Spake Zarathustra" - Nietzsche
Read part 1, in which he has a lot to say about the state. It is a required Sup Forums reading book anyway.

You can see I have some bias in my selection and that they are not as academic as you were hoping for, but, the ideas presented in these books are at least deserving of consideration, and all are superb and refined books.

>"Thus Spake Zarathustra" - Nietzsche

Probably a decent suggestion, Ill toss that on my list.

If I want to read Evola, specifically Ride the Tiger, what other works should I read first? I've been told it's hard to understand without a background in history and philosophy, but I haven't gotten through much more than some of the Greek philosophers.

Sextus Empiricus - Outlines of Scepticism

It's all you need.

Thank you I'll definetly check these out and see if they are worth a read. The thing is that while I don't want to read any Frankfurt School BS I also don't want to get involved with works that are biased towards right-wing propaganda

All of the academics I've talked to praise Chomsky and his works and always recommend him. From what I've seen on youtube he's strongly pro-Israel and never criticizes them but he also makes a lot of good points on capitalism and religious fundamentalism. Is he really that bad?

>All of the academics I've talked to praise Chomsky and his works and always recommend him. From what I've seen on youtube he's strongly pro-Israel and never criticizes them but he also makes a lot of good points on capitalism and religious fundamentalism.

>Is he really that bad?

Didnt you just answer your own question before you asked it?

>From what I've seen on youtube he's strongly pro-Israel and never criticizes them

Im not saying hes an idiot, hes very good at what he does..

well pretty much every book is propaganda of the author's view. The strength of the arguments of these propagandists, Hayek in particular, is what makes them worthy of consideration.

Culture of critique by Kevin MacDonald
The decline of the west by Oswald Spengler

Ayy I have that book. Dude was based as fug

Ive never read the Quran, but I liked how he cherrypicked it to convince the muslim population to act in ways that were actually not very muslim.

I cant think of any exact example, but I know he quoted specific parts that told people to do things completely opposite to how they are actually supposed to.

Start with the greeks.

This is not a meme, you really should.

He used the Quran cleverly to force muslims into being more productive and less of cunts. The only thing that comes to mind is that Libya had a lot of womens rights, for a muslim country.

Start with the Greeks.

Why did they only put villains on the cover?

>Hitler
>Gaddafi
>villains

sartor resartus

and the will to believe

educ.jmu.edu//~omearawm/ph101willtobelieve.html