Lord of the Rings

>no minorities
>3 women in the entire trilogy, relegated to romance interests
>no gays
How is it even possible that these movies got made?
And not only that, won more oscars than anything else in history

youtube.com/watch?v=LwinMu7-ZrI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xPV9JWWtOQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No social media for complete fucking morons to voice their opinions

because it wasn't made in America or Britain. if it was it would be very different.

It was a good time in history.

The internet existed back the user

Minimal Jewish influence

Don't you remember this scene?
youtube.com/watch?v=xPV9JWWtOQ0

He could defeat Gandalf but this woman with little strength and with the help of a Hobbit can kill him.

It was s simpler time.

It saddens me to know that this wouldn't of gotten made today. Peter Jackson was lucky with timing.

But they stuck to their retard forums and didn't have instant access to people making the movies.

they were 4 women you forgot the girl sam marry and have children

yeah but only real niggas used it. now anybody and their mom can spew their stupid bullshit online.

No social media and internet basically was only just by turbo autists back then. So complete retards and women didn't have any platform to say anything.

>one 2 minute "stronk womyn" scene to keep the chicks happy in a 9 hour epic trilogy

I have no problem with this.

>3 women in the entire trilogy

who was fucking galadriel?

Hobbits were minorities

It was just fantasy for white male neckbeards, we know better now.

In the books Gandalf pwned this bitch with ease and Eowyn killing him is in the source material.

her husband, Celeborn

Back when stories based on books/historical events didn't have blacks and women shoved into them for the sake of ticking quota boxes.

Yeah that's true, but it was stupid as fuck... TOlkien was a feminism.

Read the book you fucking dumbass

The anti-orc racism was fairly appalling.

did they deserve the oscars though ? the only movie I really ever enjoyed was the first one

So is not in the book?

are you drunk or just foreign

In the book Merrys sword is magical and renders the Witch King vulnerable. Pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with gender

and? Social media didn't.

>no gays
Pic unrelated, rite?

it will always bother me how jackson cast the most ugly looking males as elves and then slap female costumes/make up on them. They look like trans and not in a good way, should have cast some twink boys for that job

Gandalf isn't gay

The cancer was already there. Arwen going out and mounting a horse because she iz STRONK and INDEPENDUND instead of staying the fuck at home, obeying her father and knitting Aragorn's banner was the first symptom of the west's decline

Merry's dagger had an enchantment to be anti-nazgul, then teh whitch king took a dagger to the knee and that's that

Celeborn shouldn't look like a fucking twink

so incredibly based

Arwen going out and mounting a horse happened because it's far easier to explain and way less convoluted than what happens in the book.

>Slow moving, boss that monologues
>One hit kill

pretty simple if you ask me.

Galadriel was more important than her cuck husband, though, so how is that "relegated to romance interest"?

keep your trap fetish out of my elves

Lets cast a more modern, less problematic Lord Of The Rings.

>Aragorn - Daniel Kaluuya
>Legolas - Leslie Jones
>Gimli - Melissa McCarthy
>Frodo - Donald Glover
>Sam - Jamie Foxx
>Merry - Amy Schumer
>Pippin - Goldie Hawn
>Gandalf - Whoopi Goldberg
>Borimir - John Boyega

All orcs will be white males

>Galadriel
>romantic interest
Wew lad

>LOTR threads for the past several months have all just been Sup Forums circlejerks
Sad!

>no Idris Elba
one job

at the very least he should have cast males that don't show obvious signs of age like wrinkles, doesn't go well with an immortal race. And cover that beard line

newfag

The dude has literally no wrinkles, unless you're referring to laugh lines. Also elves can have beards

t. Post-election newfag that posts political shit on Sup Forums because /po/ is too fast

you just asked "who was fucking galadriel?" and i answered

nigger

Idris Elba is Elrond

threads like these were made before the elections retard. and if you think coming here during the elections is somehow better than coming after the election you need to know that you are wrong.

The prophecy said 'his end is far from here and not by the hand of man shall he fall'. It refers to Merry because he is not of the race of men but the witch king took it to himself to imply that no man could kill him. Eowyn is just misinterpreting it as well.

Isildur, obviously.

He's too masculine for my movie

Who would play Sauron?

>threads like these were made before the elections
LOTR threads were far, far better two or three years ago. If you think a bunch of political shit flinging and whining about modern casting decisions is a good LOTR thread, you're either new or a complete retard. Furthermore, if you're fine with the current state of Sup Forums, you are doubly retarded.

all the women needs to be sexy white women (mostly blonde) and the heroes needs to be big blacks

>All orcs will be white males

i´m okay with this

who's political shit flinging? can't blame me if you came here to get offended.
if you think racism is the worst thing about Sup Forums you're doubly newfagged

Samuel L. Jackson

"Give me... MY MOTHERFUCKING RING!"

Aaron Eckhart

Twitter was launched three years after RoTK you melt

Reportedly, tolkien read the part in macbeth where "No man that’s born of woman" will defeat him - except
"Macduff was from his mother’s womb
Untimely ripped."
Tolkien thought he should simply have been defeated by a woman - as eowyn does, not because it takes a woman to kill the witch king, but because she was at the right place when merrys magical dagger struck. (Added how merry was "not entirely a man either".)

I don't want to trigger any women by making the females too sexy or white

niggas the whole movie is about the weak being worth and conquering the strong through corage
makes sense the little hobbit who wants to go to war and the woman who wants to help her friends kill the witch king desu

orcs are muslims

>can't blame me if you came here to get offended
You misunderstand. I didn't come here to get offended, but I also didn't come here to read a bunch of people whining about identity politics. I guess that's ok me though. Shouldn't have expected anything less from this board.

youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

How the fuck did the get away with this? Did no one comment on how blatantly racist/xenophobic this scene could be interpreted as being when it first aired?

How dare you

that's on me*

but you did get offended, didn't you faggot?

>lol umad?
The absolute state of this board

What a fantastic series. Truly.

I wish the silmarillion would be given a series like got, just stick to the source material and do not deviate. Tolkien created a world with endless plot you can find anywhere. Ahh what a sight to be hold, morgoth the dark one standing outside his keep of angbad doing battle with the elf king. Truly a season finally to behold. When will Tolkien work become public domain?

>When will Tolkien work become public domain?
Hopefully never

but you are mad aren't you

im sure your constant whining will make a difference and make those dang dirty trolls go away dumb frogposter

No, just tired.

That wasn't me, retard.

>wanting people to destroy the series even more

>im sure your constant whining will make a difference
the ironing is strong

>I didn't come here to get offended
but you came into this thread. and made a post about how offended you were. when you could have just ignored the thread.
so you did fucking come here to get offended?

why are they so smug

it doesn't matter if it was you. it was the post i was replying to you spastic.

Not that user but
>implying being annoyed at crossboard refugees is the same as being offended
kys

>and made a post about how offended you were
No I didn't. I made a post lamenting the current state of Sup Forums. Keep up the "umad?" schick though. It's doing wonders.

>crossboard refugees
wanna know how i know you're from reddit?

>reddit accusations
Why is everyone on Sup Forums a broken record?

why were you lamenting if you weren't upset?

Because you spend a lot of time on r/The_Donald and can't stop thinking about it.

why do you hate Sup Forums? you're not some filthy crossboarder are you?

SeeAlso offended and upset are very obviously two different things.

And why Jackson didn't told that in the movie?
It would have had more sense.

Meant for

>you will never see a horse mount arwen instead
life is suffering

>im tired
fucking kek
i don't think anyone really cares that you're upset though.

>Lords of the rings
>There's only one ring

at least learn how to post properly before you come up with your epic zingers reddit.

>>There's only one ring
>t. hasn't actually seen the films

Galadriel's riverdancing made up for all those complaints

Face it, user, no visual adaptation will stay true to the books or be as good. the first tirlogy was excelent, but they still changed many things that could be even better if they were as the books dictated.

They didnt have the any of the old forest and Tom Bombadil stuff in the movie which is where they found their daggers.