Why are their no cool sub-cultures anymore?

Up until around the 80s with new romantics or arguably the 90s with goths, there have been no distinct sub cultures with their own cool styles and music. Swag fag wiggers who wear snapbacks and listen to Drake? Hipsters with their santa claus beards, tattoos, skinny jeans and listen to Belle and Sebastian?

What happened Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160109163257/http://jinteki.industries/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

skinheads

Probably Jews or something

Teddy Boys

I thought sub-cultures were supposed to be degenerate?

Or are you hoping your brand of anime nazism for unfuckable losers becomes a hip sub-culture?

internet killed hobbies

only real answer

people don't have to find something they enjoy anymore

everyone is uniform

the new subcultures are league players, instagrammers, youtube personalities.

it's shit.

degeneracy, women and shitskins.

Few decades to destroy millennia of advancement; but then again nothing new, it takes a lot to build and quite little to destroy.

I think there still are to an extent. Sub cultures are way more easily identifiable in hindsight rather then when they are occurring. I'm sure the first Mods or Hippies didn't identify as "Mods" or "Hippies" until the identity and culture was well established.

Also, the internet has made sub cultures virtually impossible as there are now infinite options for music and fashion. Sub cultures used to form based on where you were from and what was available to you to identify with. Now with everyone having so many options these factors have become more irrelevant.

Fucking keked. Leafs have been getting funnier lately.

lol brits

I guess we do have infinite options and people are more anti social. In some ways the youth subcultures of history were anti-traditional and herd minded but looking back these time periods were defined by the music and fashions and the people in the mods, skinheads etc all have great memories and tons of mad stories and bantz to tell about the shit that went on. What music and fashions will the 2000s be remembered for in 2100?

There are. You're just not part of them. There's still a punk underground, there are still libertarian stoners, there are still artist subcultures and subcultures based around traditional gender roles and retro style. There's still subcultures within rich communities, poor communities, university communities, etc.

Go outside more, meet new people, explore your town or a city if you haven't already.

The "swag fag" meme hasn't been a thing since 2012, as much as you want an easy target.

yeah but none of them are making a mark on the time period and are going to define the decade like they used to. They are mostly copies of older sub cultures.

I dunno I still define those white faggots with hip hop clothes as swag fags, guess I haven't learned the new meme word for them yet.

I'd like to add that there *is* a real Sup Forums subculture outside of the Internet. There are entire networks of friends with radical views at colleges all over. They have a specific style, a hive mind, a community, what more do you want?

Just because you aren't part of social groups, or at least the right ones, doesn't mean they don't exist. You're just sheltering yourself.

this image cracks me up, working class and hippies with rich parents.
fuck

It's hard to say what would be remembered. I think the bearded hipster type will be part of it, there's still definitely punk subcultures too. I think part of the difference is that subcultures in the UK spread way more quickly because of how much denser your population is. Most of the US lacks subcultures simply because there aren't enough people around for them to form.

there hasn't been enough time since our generate began to see how our generation getting older and developing will affect the world, and which subcultures will leave a mark.

Hasn't been enough time to see what's leaving a mark or not. Or what's so engrained in our brains as normal that we don't realize it's original to our generation.

Holy shit you live under a rock. Do some research. So much cool underground sub cultures

>2016

>not being part of the aryan sub culture that is furry.

ISHYDDT

I still see metalheads, hipsters, skaters, chavs, football hooligans etc when I go out. I do run in quite a normie circle that's not very political mostly but not at all left wing. My point is why aren't their any huge new youth movements that will define a historical era? I'm not sheltered at all m8

This is exactly it. Whenever we evaluate subcultures its in hindsight when we know how influential and original they ended up being. It's hard to say what will be remembered in the future because we can't say what direction culture will go in the future.

we are the most powerful sub-culture shithead

since it's inception Sup Forums has been the origin of whole-internet memes
normies will be and have always been normies
this guy gets it

cyberpunk is still alive.

web.archive.org/web/20160109163257/http://jinteki.industries/

Racing tuner cars is kinda a cool sub culture.

You become the closest thing to a Mech pilot, hitting the pick and pull and staying on the look out for not-too-junked mechs (cars).

Plus there's nothing better than being in a legit sleeper car and blowing some daddy's money faggot in a 2020s mustang off the road with your 80s Honda sedan