How do you decide which movie to watch?

When you are deciding on a movie, do you only pick movies you think you will like? Or do you watch movies that seem uninteresting but have historical significance/good reviews/ good word of mouth from friends?

The first one.

I usually take anonymous recommendations from a Japanese cartoon image board. Anyone got any recs for this lazy rainy sunday?

the movie with the best poster

I watch movies based on the director. If i don't know the director I go in with an open mind.

Why do you always post this child, you fucking freak? God you're so fucking creepy.

I will watch whatever if a friend or family member really wants to see something. Other than that I tend to choose by plot/trailer, director, or if an actor I like is in it. Hardly ever rely on reviews or crowd ratings.
Wish I had as much time as I used to back in school... I went several times a week with friends then and it was always a blast, one way or another.

Terkel In Trouble

I used to go through a whole process when watching a film. It wasn't one that I decided upon, I probably just have undiagnosed ADHD or something. Anyway, I'd watch 10 minutes of one film, lose interest, then watch 10 minutes of another, then lose interest, then try another and before long, I've watched the first 10 minutes or so of 5 films and instead of watching any of them I'm watching some bullshit on youtube.

I try to avoid that these days, that's not to say I'm particularly successful all the time, but nowadays I try to pick a film and as soon as it starts not touch it.

Would you date him? Mazouz?

Lately I've gotten very lazy when it comes to finding new movies. I pretty much just re-watch stuff I've seen before since I know I will enjoy it along with the occasional blockbuster I will forget an hour after watching just to "keep up to date",

watching what i m intrested in. never taking care at reviews or directors, actors and such

I have a similar issue. I put a movie on but then start doing something else and it just bleeds into the background.
And if I do actually focus on it, I never finish and just turn it off at the last 10-20 or so minutes. Especially if it's a really good movie/show.

Why are we like this...

Garfield: The Movie

Usually whatever looks good to me

What We Do in the Shadows

i would breed him

Usually it depends on the director, writer, or producer.

Sometimes I get recommendations from a friend since we more or less have the same interest.

List of cult classic movies also raise my interest,

There are quite a lot of ways but your main resource should be you and your acquired knowledge and taste.
Expore film just like you explore music. If you like a certain film, check out the other films from the director of that film. And if you like all of his films, then check out his entire filmography, ideally chronologically.
Just like you find an album from a band and then check the rest from that same band.

Or if you like a certain aspect from a certain movie, then check out who worked on the execution of that filmmaking element. If you liked the visuals see who was the cinematographer of that film, if you liked the soundtrack ofcourse see who did the soundtrack, same with actors etc.
You could also expore it by periods or by specific waves in filmmaking or genres. And then when you download a few kinos you pick the one which fits your current mood the most.

Or you can just go make a thread on a mongolian sweater knitting imageboard and ask for reccs.

I don't listen to critics and I don't care about reviews or a rotten tomatoes rating, so it either has to have an actor I like or a decent story.

Also, is this the same person always posting pictures of this boy? Or are there a lot of anons on Sup Forums obsessed with him?

I look cover,actors,general internet coince about it(not critic faggots but Sup Forums and rabbit,neogaf etc).

though if in my mood i may watch shit movies too