If they make a attack on titan movie with this cast, will people say its whitewashed?

If they make a attack on titan movie with this cast, will people say its whitewashed?

Only those who bitched about Danny being white. Even though im not fussed with the show they seriously can't be mad when the whole point is that it's on continental Europe and Mikasa is the last Asian within the walls, but I guess muh anime needs to have all chinks

Isn't Logan Lerman like 27 now?
He's too old for Eren.

Kristen Bell WAS cute but she's ancient as fuck now. Isn't she married and a mother of two? Actually wait most of that cast is too old.

Most of his cast is too old

Can we stop adapting anime?

no because mikasa is said to be like the last asian person alive in the anime

Didnt death note and ghost in the shell teach you enough? It doesn't matter who they cast, they'll end up going off the rails and lose the message of the original anime anyway.

how about we just stop remaking classics and try out new ideas instead

>Ryan Gosling
>Ellen Page
>Kristen Bell

These people are all in their 30s

Anime is shit,

adapting anime makes shit even shittier.

Fuck off

No matter what you do, it can't possibly be worse than the Japanese live-action movie

>every character has a German name and a European appearance
>except for one Japanese girl
>so you cast Japanese to play all the Germans
>and you cast a Korean-American to play the Japanese girl

Fucking brilliant

>continental Europe
It's actually madagascar.

they will if you cast the only asian you cast is the female love interest

as least have the male lead be asian

None of them except Levi even looks Japanese. So how is it going to be "whitewashing"?

>they will if you cast the only asian you cast is the female love interest
But the female love interest is literally the only asian. They explicitly say she's one of the only asians in the whole world, and she's only half-asian anyway.

*But she's also the best fighter out of all the kids so maybe that will make up for it. You can play up the "GURL POWER" angle.

>They explicitly say she's one of the only asians in the whole world

I don't watch anime but why would this be the case?

Disgusting
how dare you portray blonde characters with blonde actors
ANIME IS JAPANESE THEREFORE ALL CHARACTERS ARE JAPANESE AND SHOULD BE PLAYED BY JAPANESE ACTORS IN LIVE ACTION NO MATTER WHAT EVEN IF THEY DON'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS

All of them are White except Mikasa
That's a huge part of the story

So it's not whitewashing, but people will complain it is for sure

Levi also doesn't look white, but the rest of them are completely white.

Well without going into spoilers, to the characters in the show shes the only asian, one of the guys is shocked by how jet black her hair is & comments on it

which will be cut in the hollywood version, complementing people of color? you better believe that's racist

Absolutely, SJW don't actually know shit about the stuff they complain about

>Those complanings about the Japanese version
They're somewhat valid, but you have to take into account a small thing, Japan lacks Western actors, he has like 3 or 4 that can speak Japanese fluently and they're 40+. They do what they can with the stuff they have.

In the show, all of humanity is in a country roughly the size of Germany defended by massive walls. They've all got German names (one or two characters with Polish names but afaik eastern Germany always had at least some ethnic Poles), the architecture and clothes are European, etc.. The implication being that whatever they were before the titan apocalypse, they definitely weren't asian. There's a scene where Mikasa is being captured by slavers and the guy says "she's an oriental, I thought they were all dead".

There's more to it but that would be massively spoiling the story.

don't know about rest of the movie, it seemed trashy but I only watched the attack scene from the youtube and it was first thing i've turned off in years. The giants were too disturbing to watch for me, I loathed their facial distortion and their smiling expression. And the idea of them looming towards city was nightmarish in itself.

Surely if I watched the whole film I wouldn't find it as disturbing but as a short clip it really worked, like old music video or art film which doesn't explain its disturbing nature

they could at least put a wig on him lol

thanks

sounds really unique, i like it

Believe me, wouldn't look better. Watch Full metal alchemist trailer and you'll see why

If people were fine with sulu being cast as a Korean people won't say shit about mikasa. Fuck people kept saying they should've made the ancient one Korean and I don't know about anyone here but I would've actually been mad about that, say what you will about that white washing at least it tacitly implies there's a culture dying because of chinas government rather than just ignoring it and saying "they're all the same"

>If people were fine with sulu being cast as a Korean people won't say shit about mikasa.
I highlighted the Korean part specifically because it was a movie made in Japan, where Koreans aren't the most popular bunch.

ellen paige is too much of a womanlet to play that character

Don't believe Sup Forums younger generations of Koreans and Japaneses are very amicable

Honestly the Jap live action film was pisswashed, literally all the anglo characters were played by Japonese actors. What the fuck were they thinking

If you want to make a western version more diverse, you can chuck in a couple of turks since it's in germany after all, in fact i think a couple of the characters may be turkish or middle eastern background already

But Hollywood will chuck in about 10 African Americans instead, because of course

see

Actually it's Madagascar

>It's actually madagascar.
Wrong. The environment is nothing like Madagsacar. The world is entirely fictional, the ma[ is just based off of Africa.

see >>

Ah, so you were baiting and not actually making a legitimate question, ok, my bad

Could have fooled me though

>baiting
shitposting =/= baiting

it's a bad series with a terrible live action adaptation

Idk, it sure looks like a medieval map of Africa, Europe, and the Middle East

Shit I just realized there are literally no blacks in SnK. That's the first think that would change in a Hollywood adaptation, Erwin would probably be black. Also, they would heavily play up the Ymir/Christa romance because lesbians. Ymir would probably be played by a latina, as would Marco and maybe Connie.

*first thing