youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
geeksofcolor.co/2017/08/17/the-ultimate-immigrant-story-zack-snyders-superman/
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheHeroDies
youtu.be/MUu4ArJyZcs?t=30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

snyder is the king of Sup Forums

>what better way to distract yourself from your issues than some external enemy
zack snyder can do no wrong

according to mark hughes(who is a pro-DCEU film critic/journalist) Whedon has written/shot/reshot roughly a third of the film
FUCK
JOSS
WHEDON

bw, who wrote this?

do they lurk here or elsewhere

don't know, found it in a BvS thread like 2 months ago

this is great, i'm saving this

this touches on an important thing, the meaning of the statue in relation to superman's presence in the world

the statue is set up as a literally larger than life figure that descends and then raises us up, and by the end of the movie the relationship to superman completes an inversion, with him literally being put "in the earth" in order to rise up from "below"

>demons don't come up from hell beneath us, they come from the sky

the "hope" that is superman is literally buried into the earth, and become one with it
the ring that clark was going to give to lois isn't just a promise of love and commitment to the woman, but a promise of a bond to the earth itself

>the ring that clark was going to give to lois isn't just a promise of love and commitment to the woman, but a promise of a bond to the earth itself
I think you're right. In Christian symbolism, women are associated with earthly things and men are associated with heavenly things. Whereas in pagan symbolism, women are symbolic of nature and men of civilization. But in the Christian worldview women are the world in general, both nature and culture, and men are divine(which is why the trinity is masculine.) And marriage is the union of heaven and earth, basically. So I think, whether or not they were doing it consciously, Terrio and Snyder were representing that archetype

>i just don't know if its possible
>for you to love me and be you

>did the nightmares ever stop?
>when i met your mother
>she gave me FAITH that there is GOOD in this WORLD
>she was my world

>this is my world lois
>YOU are my world

probably a happy accident, after all, why would zack snyder further the thematic content of the first film?
youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

its not like snyder would take the next logical step and literally bury superman into the earth that is shown as... 'receptive' to him

geeksofcolor.co/2017/08/17/the-ultimate-immigrant-story-zack-snyders-superman/

Zack shared this on his Vero. Thoughts?

Why you wonder?

It was me

I have no faith in the film left. I'll still watch it. I might even like it. But if it's more Wonder Woman than BvS, then I'm out.

Such a beautiful film.

So Doomsday was Jesus?

Honestly, who's the idiot who made this?

Stfu. I love Snyder and his work. Fucking mcucks and resistors and filth but we are welcoming. We want everyone to experience true superhero kino. How would they know how shitty their movies are with their silly "action" and quip every 10 seconds filth without seeing snyder's vision

You guys are seriously autist if you think BVS was good

I just hate this and every single of you soo much...i will fucking love when JL becomes a sucess due to Whedon changes.

Lex/Zod/Doomsday are the Dark Trinity. Doomsday is the son, the spawn of the Anti-Christ.

i'm interested in how your analysis focuses on character psyche, perception, and the mise en scene

throughout the movie all sorts of scenes play on multiple levels, revealing narrative logistics, revealing the inside of a character's mind, to the point of literalism as in bruce's dreams, and sometimes seemingly completely dissolving the barriers between what's 'inside' and what's 'outside' clark's scene in the snow being the clearest example of this, even clark has a completely surprised look on his face.

to what extent do you think that the movie messes around with this division? the very premise of the movie is very meta, people irl were mad at the movie, and then were mad at bvs because superman can't be the god they want him to be, all while the movie is referencing these characters as cultural phenomena rather than "comic book characters"

pretty obvious that superman was supposed to be an archetypal immigrant, frankly

>when he impales himself on doomsday...

Been done 100 times nigger.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheHeroDies

You're worse than that pleb who wrote 1000 pages of diarrhea to counter plinkett's prequel review.

reddit spacing

yes
everything is about power

superman = false god
>they have to see the fraud you are
>man can't kill god
>so the devil will do it

>the devil that he created through knowledge

so who is the real god here, if god = whoever has the most power?

remember, for lex knowledge is in itself power, and it is through KNOWLEDGE that he uses his own blood to give life to something dead, and then given access to secret knowledge

both superman and zod 'fell from the sky'
and lex, out of jealousy creates something that must not exist to kill something that must not exist in superman, something that is literally unrestrained power

so is zack snyder saying ironically, our desire for self transcendence, for APOTHEOSIS can birth something like doomsday?

there is so much going on 'between the lines' of associations between imagery that saying this is all a simple jesus allegory is lazy as hell

I think BvS is a film of how psychology creates philosophy. Bruce Wayne uses philosophy to justify his war against Superman but the underlying reason is clearly childhood psychology. Lex does the same, cites the classic God dilemma as his reason to war Superman but there is an underlying psychology of jealousy behind it.

The philosophy is spoken, the psychology is shown. As should be. We're terrible at knowing ourselves. I think it becomes abundantly clear when you just look at real life and see why people think the way they do. It's rarely as pretty as an academic disagreement.

BvS is less a Superman film and more a film of humanity reacting to Superman. Approaching the film on this level makes things more clear to me atleast. In the Day of the Dead segment Superman remains quiet as the world builds an image of him. It's a beautiful scene of Superman becoming a part of our beliefs and fears. And each time he is projected, we are told more and more of those interpreting him. Film takes it even further by humanizing Superman to the extent that it mocks the audience for expecting a farmer boy from Kansas to act a God. And Lex becomes the body of Superman critics saying "he's too good/powerful for me to relate to. I don't believe that kind of person to exist."

Honestly is this some bait, or there are people who believe this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>Somebody (probably unironically) made this
AAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

what is there to 'believe' the evidence is right in front of you

Listen up fags.

The Room is also a deeply thought out diatribe on how the soul needs, and dare I say endlessly seeks, true love and reliable companionship.

The lead character is obviously a tormented soul, a gentle soul that loves flowers and doggies.

We see through his eyes and experiences how cruel and unapologetic the world can be, as we witness the downward spiral his love interest and best friend force him into.

This brilliant film also tackles issues of paramount importance such as drug addiction and cancer.

Truly an instant classic drama that is in every way superior to Batman vs Superman which is an inane story about an alien who simply smashes shit, a weirdo who dresses like a bat, and an S&M slut who like to whip men until they tell her the truth.

Eat shit and die.

The samefagging is getting a tad bit obvious marvel fedoralord.

what i don't understand is that if the movie can be so clear in this, why does it get railed for irrelevant barometers, none of the opinions against the movie would mean anything against any movie at all

I don't hate people who think MoS and BvS were good, I just feel really sorry for them.

I wish there was a way to help them, but it's something they have to climb out of themselves. Really the only way to do it is by slowly watching films that actually are good and by contrast they will eventually reach enlightenment. I mean some won't even be able to do this but that's because some of them are legitimately retarded. Like I mean hit-in-the-head-by-a-brick retarded. But not all of them are like that, some of the are just people who have not seen that many good films and just have a distorted view of reality.

Excellent analysis, DCbro. I love these movies.

>You will never spend hours of your day for years desperately trying to steer narrative against BvS because your Feige-produced garbage makes Disney cartoons look deep

your typical nu-male will be condescending and pretentious, some have most likely forgotten the face of their father. it's really depressing, they hate on films like BvS because they justify christianity and masculinity.

>Calls out samefagging when it's literally just you and one other guy posting all these ridiculous photos from both your phone and computer
That's what it is, Every single time.

>they hate on films like BvS

Because they are shit.

this is completely irrelevant, the perception around the room has nothing to do with whether or not the conceit around which the interactions are based on has actual merit
when people talk about the room, these things aren't the point of discussion

here, we can't even talk about bvs

hi there

Father Figures

Faith

Family

Masculinity

Femininity

Ethics

The MCU will never portray these in a meaningful manner as they ramp up the desperate libtard propaganda year after year.

Do you enjoy smart shows like Rick and Morty too?

the sooner you stop with this bullshit the sooner the threads will clear up

it starts with you

Who started it? Who always starts it? I won't let those nu-males run rampant.

Yeah, fuck you. This is a television & film board, i'm talking about films and you can fuck off to your plebbit safespace if you don't enjoy it

Who started this? This was supposed to be an MCUck-free thread, but their invasion have once again derailed the discussion.

Father Figures
Faith
Family
Masculinity
Femininity
Ethics

Guardians of the Galaxy nigger.
Has all that AND its a ton of fun.

>Plebbit safespace
Kek, wasn't BvS one of Reddits most underrated movies last year?

Guardians, the story about a boy killing his father and accepting his new multiracial gang of misfits who don't need no rules. Oh and immortality is evil better just admit we're all useless shits waiting to die!

The poop jokes were salt on the wound.

"who started it"
dudeeeeee

how much of an idiot do you have to be to care about 'who started' online console wars
aren't you aware of how easy it is to ignore bullshit and only focus on that which is constructive?

if you care about contributing to the discussion, contribute to the discussion instead of reinforcing something you supposedly want to get rid of. you're not doing anyone any favors

It goes to show how much of Reddit is controlled by corporate interests when its most bashed film of the year is awarded as the most underrated film the year after. One might wonder, what changed? It is pretty expensive keeping shills paid full time for several months after the smear campaign is done.

I wouldn't know since I don't go there, marlel

>inb4 DC IS LEDDIT!!!!!!!!!!!11111
This is a saved post from a news blogpost

all discussion of bvs originated on this board, then spread elsewhere

No matter how many of these threads you make, they will never make up for the critical and financial failure that was BvS. No amount of biblical references and allegories will ever make a shitty movie good.

see
>Batman vs Superman, an inane story about an alien who simply smashes shit, a weirdo who dresses like a bat, and an S&M slut who like to whip men until they tell her the truth.

We can do this all day.

>a boy killing his father

How many fathers, has snyder's Superman killed?

Several thousand at least.

Talk about ethics...

>fuck off to your plebbit safespace if you don't enjoy it
>safespace

and what is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish in this thread?

>posting this again
You did this at We know that you're not from here

>this nigga thought his comment was so profound he pastas it into every BvS thread

>They don't even deny it either

>the best hope JUSTice League has of being good is because le based family man conservative (but not really) Zack Snyder's daughter fucking killed herself and Joss Whedon, director of the Avengers movies, had to take over production

>Snyderfags got cucked by Wonder Woman, now they're getting cucked by Joss
They truly are DCucks

>not having the hubris to think going against nature and being immortal would be a good thing is bad, we should seek to pervert gods work

DCuck theology everyone

Pervert who's work? All GoTG achieved was a man killing his father and showing zero remorse for it.

But I guess they needed to force in the most retarded "oh and I killed your mother" line in there to justify it.

>Evansposters are all the same Hindu's obsessed with cuckoldry

Marvel: Rejects immortality and embraces humanity
DC: Embraces immortality (superman revels in it*) by destroying humanity (leveling entire cities with no remorse).

*As a punisher when fighting zod, as well as a savior, when accepting people to bow down to him as he helps them.

This is a joke right? There's no way you actually watched the fucking movie

The Chad Analysis:
>in depth dissection and celebration of psychology, philosophy, visual artistry, humanist themes, backed by evidence from the source

The Virgin Taunt:
>name-calling, petty insults, designed to discredit opposition backed not with evidence but memes and crowd mentality

youtu.be/MUu4ArJyZcs?t=30s

God, how I hope this is true.

>"The Chad Analysis", he thinks to himself as he quotes most of his own posts

Not him, so here's some of my own.

richard the 3rd kicks ass

>lex literally blows up his voice of truth while throwing her 'clear vision' back at her

>i've proven what you've done
>that will blow away like sand in the desert

another irony
lex, the most 'normal' of all the humans is the one most lost in his mind

It might be my favorite.

Also, here's an image that illustrates just how far back the themes concerning false gods, worship, and fanaticism go as well as how entrenched they are,

>they hate on films like BvS because they justify christianity and masculinity
This. 100%

fucking kek

And his Mercy along with it. I find it interesting that while he's in the midst of executing his plan, Bruce is shown calling out for Grace.

Also, it took me a while, but I finally think I figured out how Lex's follow-up to the "sand in the desert" line with Lois is a taunt filled with veiled information. Pic related. For those not familiar with the pic in the upper right, it's a thaumaturgic triangle, something associated with the magic of summoning.

>because they justify christianity and masculinity.

absolutely fucking not,

if anything, the central struggles of the movie are based on not being able to see the self in the other, and nothing in the movie tries to maintain anything near any of the mainstream strands of christianity, which it subverts multiple times

It's troubling to think why you guys would be so insistent that BvS is trying to reaffirm a specific ideology, when so much of it questions and explores basic assumptions of these characters and their contexts

Pic related.

Kek, ironic. His handle is "Jon Snow," the posterboy for all nu-males and cucks.

I swear I read Moviebob once claim that the MCU films were better because they were more diverse/less masculine.

I thought Ben is an alcoholic? Why doesn't he try to stay clean?

I was mostly referring to the fact that the movie deals with masculinity (father figures and their impacts on their sons, "it's time you learned what it means to be a man", etc).

>reddit spacing
leave faggot

Top 10 capekino imo.
Watchmen
Unbreakable
Batman V Superman
Chronicle
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hellboy
Spiderman II
Split
The Dark Knight
The Incredibles

And there are some hints here and there of what Clark's values are, like him turning to a simple parish priest for advice. Father Leone did us proud, the man who looked through the otherworldly power and saw the man in need of counsel.

Eternally based.

I 100% believe that Unbreakable-Split-Glass will be the greatest superhero trilogy of all time.

It's going to be among the greats, that's all but guaranteed. Unbreakable is one of my all-time favorite movies.

>and i believe the straightest path, is a pretty little road, called lois lane
>lois lane
>she's the key
>she's been the one person seeking out the truth through both movies
>she is his world, literally and figuratively

>black box on the argus insignia
>two other symbols around the triangle
three mother boxes
where does the mother box used to create cyborg come from?

it's not argus is it...

>the bell has already been rung

what exactly was it that rung the bell?

unbreakable is so fucking underrated

It's almost guaranteed to be Argus. It was in the government's possession before S.T.A.R. Labs had it. Dr. Stone mentions its tracking number(6-1982) during Cyborg's scene.

I'm convinced that the "bell" that was rung was Superman's death. I firmly believe that he was basically the sacrifice that reopened Earth to the New Gods. I think it has something to do with how the world and its people reacted to his existence, that Superman, the least "magical" of all the heroes, being the epitome of comic-book "science," was nonetheless the catalyst that re-awakened magic in the world, and that the New Gods will be seeking to exploit that as well as use Clark as some sort of conduit.

>I firmly believe that he was basically the sacrifice that reopened Earth to the New Gods
dude this is it

the whole battle culminates in the death of the mirror images of chaos/order death/life god/devil... pure emanation of death/pure emanation of life... diamond absolutes...... all while subverting the position between the 'devil' and the 'savior' in relation to the paintings above
>if man won't kill god
>the devil will do it
god is only that which has the most relative power

literally, doomsday and superman are the 'price' we pay for whatever comes next, as an escalation of the fantastical can only come after the liberation and combination of chaos with order
or some shit like that

Clark is literally "one with the land" now, and lex and bruce are both left off being more 'one with themselves' ie bruce wayne recruiting the others in good faith, lex bald (castrated?) and in prison (of his mind) transferred to ARKHAM of all places...

Diamond absolutes
>kryptonite introduced immediately after black zero(under water no less)
>literal 'magic' sound effect whenever its on screen
>formless rock forged into a defined shape
>to rid the world of 'unrestrained' power
>ironically accomplishes this, by subduing the power unleashed by man's own hubris

>conduit
i mean.... the character already has the real life function of being literal placeholder for a lot of people's innermost hopes and dreams...

so doomsday was jesus?

>He'll be a god to him.
>They'll kill him.

What I think is interesting is that the Joker seems to be at least half-intuiting what's happening in the world.

>BvS is somehow deep
>Snyder isn't a hack
>Referencing the Bible is somehow unique or intelligent
Truly the best Sup Forums meme since Baneposting.