I unironically enjoyed Warcraft

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

mixing real actors with cgi orcs was a mistake

because you have shit taste

Me too OP, me too.

Everything involving the orcs was actually really fucking good. The live-action, and the acting involved in the humans, was what ultimately killed the film.

It kind of goes to show just how truly boring the human race is in the Warcraft universe

There needs to be a proper nouns per minute limit in fantasy movies.

so was warcraft

They should have adapted Warcraft 3 storyline who fucking cares W1W2 .

Make first movie end with he turning to undead then goes on until cataclsym i guess.

get a load of this babby

Arthas and The Purge would have been great to see.

It wasnt bad, but i understand why the normies got bored.

Acting like literally everyone should know the significance and location of every geographical location by name.

we both didnt know jack shit but still enjoyed.

it was kinda shit and looked cheesy. I was really hoping they would've made it about Arthas and the frozen throne with a LotR feeling, you don't even need any knowledge of the previous lore because the plot is simple to understand and the characters would be easy to introduce. Undead costumes would've looked better than the cgi orcs

This. Focusing on 1 or 2 chars with an interesting story is the only way to keep things simple enough for a movie.

It was a bit too rushed and tried to cram way too much lore in under 2 hours. I feel like Duncan got fucked over by the studio during postprod. It's otherwise bretty gud and kind of an anomaly.

t. Chinaman

>It kind of goes to show just how truly boring the human race is in the Warcraft universe
The average human in Warcraft looks like this.
The Orcs were too fucking big once you dee-beef the humans.

>pierced tooth
>twice

how did it not break?

Of course I would forget the picture.

Good news for you then, because it was popular in China there will be at least two sequels. Maybe more.

it's a big tooth

they should've made it all about arthas, and the trailer could've been the same exact voiceover from the wrath cinematic, but imposed over human arthas

>11mil players
>only made 400mil

rip

Too bad for the live action humans though. It should have been full blown CGI animation.

I thought it was funny how he assumed Garona turned and killed the kind out of malice. Every single fucking WoW expansion has the humans calling for war with the Horde because they misinterpret a legitimate situation where the Horde wasn't really at fault (except Pandaria and Draenor, of course, but that is all Garrosh).

I hope they fug again in the sequel

anyone with taste did

wrong

so did i, but the CGI backgrounds in every human scene was a mistake

If you know the lore and played the games its an "okay" movie that I would be pleased with a sequel.
If you dont know the lore and never played the games then you wont know what the fuck is happening.
Was still a better video game movie than Asscreed.

the orc scenes were terrific, durotan was amazing

You guys make me wanna rewatch it, properly this time. Dubs decide if I do.

Don't

would you have watched a Warcraft movie focused solely on the Orcs realizing their original homeland was fucked and the main characters plot to unite the horde for the exodus to Azaroth but have differing opinions on how to go about it?

2 can be at least an entertaining movie since its all about full blown war with shifty warlocks, death knights and dragons. 1 should have just been a prologue and Warcraft should have started with 2s storyline.

That would basically be watching the Orcs slaughter the fuck out of blue people for 90 minutes while Gul'dan and would be Lich King ruin the world with portals.

>11 mil players
thats simply not true.

i didnt even think asscreed came out. plus only fratbros and LOL VIDEO GAMES xDDD!!!! kids care about assassins creed in any way.

Warcraft flopped because it was too late to cash in on popularity of the game, and it involved too much lore to bypass casual movie fans

blizz cinematic universe when?

do

>blizz cinematic universe when?
Well, Warcraft is basically Starcraft at this point. They now just need to find a way to tie Diablo in.

>if you dont know anything about games it automatically makes you retard

movie was self contained. Anything else was just fan service , it wont take your enjoyment.

i have no idea wtf was this about before seeing it and i didnt got lost like you retard.

I would assume certain Orc clans would be against the exodus or would try to kill Gul'dan, but essentially yes

They could easily have done this.
Just make a quick montage in the beginning showing some world building stuff, like LotR.

Sorry little guy buts its 100% true, the movie shows without telling anything. Things just happen and you're expected to understand it with no explanation.

>we imagine now how Blizzard could fuck up a Starcraft movie

The Protoss are made sympathetic instead of genocidal quasi religious fanatics

But that's already canon since the last SC2 expansion

they should just make Ghost into a movie based on the scraps of paper and random sticky notes found in the drawers of desks from 1998

I did too. It was a good movie. Nothing special, but good.

Perhaps, if you are a fucking retard.
I know plenty of people who never played the games and had no problems understanding everything in the movie.

>the horde dindu nuffin

>shows without telling

Orcs come out of nowhere and literally start fucking shit up

Humans investigate, get initially BTFO

Humans capture and Orc who knows english and gain intel and plot exposition follows

Intel gathering and diplomacy follow but it all goes to shit

War is declared, war happens, cue open ending for future sequels

the only thing I will give you is all the magic bits weren't really delved into, but it's fucking magic, they don't gotta explain shit

only because the fanatics ended up getting exterminated

if a Starcraft movie happens religious fanaticism and Tassadar orbital bombing zerg invested worlds would be in full effect

I enjoyed Medivh and Khadgar, but I agree that all the other human actors were very lackluster.

If i pulled it would you die?

it would be extremely painful

If I watched this, with having no prior knowledge of Warcraft at all, would it still be decent? is it okay just as a fantasy/action movie?

I'm not even a fan of fantasy movies usually, but something about the models in this actually interests me.

>they cut out the bara muscle growth fetish scene

youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo

It would not make sense and the pacing is pretty bad. If you have knowledge of Warcraft lore you can fill in the gaps and it's pretty decent but I don't know anyone that is unfamiliar with Warcraft that enjoyed it.

Remember when REALER THAN REAL LIFE assured Sup Forums that this would be the next lotr/starwars/Harry potter

Ignore this fag The movie is better if you don't know anything about Warcraft fa m.

I knew nothing about Warcraft and watched this last year. I thoroughly enjoyed it and wanted more. So I started playing WoW a year ago and have been hooked since. I'm really enjoying raiding

Go on user

its fun, i enjoyed it a lot
im def rewatching it

I knew literally nothing about Warcraft going in and I had a good time with it. It's a flawed film but a much better one than its reputation suggests.

I had 600 days played time and don't know shit about lore. Just played for gear. I liked the movie and here are (your) dubs

Khadgar's actor and plot were pretty fucking weak. Lothar and Khadgar killed Medivh together and they should have had Lothar do that in the movie because he was clearly the best character and actor in the entire production. I enjoyed Blackhand and Gul'Dan. Doomhammer looked like a bitch. Wanted to see more Grommash as well.

I could see a really great movie being made surrounding the second war and the third wars.

I unironically enjoy cumming on my face

I kind of liked Khadgar more than Lothar, I could buy him being a fucking nerd

unironically isnt a word you idiot

you're unironically retarded

As someone who grew up on Warcraft I think what happens in the first two games is pretty boring but it's also necessary to introduce characters and build up the story of the world.

>Mengsk is hitler

W2 is based
W1 is boring
W3 is breddy gud

It wasn't a great movie but still pretty decent - it's weird how the orc parts are generally way, way more likeable than the human parts. It didn't help that all of them (+ Garona especially) looked like cosplayers.

I didn't think it was bad, it's worst offense is that it was adapting the worst story in Warcraft - Orcs vs Humans. Now that it's out of the way maybe they'll start getting to the good stuff.

The CGI was pretty cool.

sincerely and genuinely are words
>muh its in the dictionary
its definition in the dictionary is just a redirect to the word ironic
youre an idiot

This so much

The movie could have been great if it didn't feel so rushed. I still give it an average score but it is nothing to write home about.

your*

this is actually the best looking fantasy movie ever.
prove me wrong.

almost all antonyms are like that, user
using a word from your post: insincerely is a real word, but it's described in the dictionary as "not sincere"

Is that Gromm?

yes

It is actually a good story, just executed badly, many elements weren't in the original story, it would've been better if they focused less on traveling and more on characters.

yea but insincerely isnt a made up non-word
most faggots on this site that say 'unironcally' dont even know the meaning of irony and use the made up word incorrectly

I'm going to rewatch it too so my dubs say you should too

>Be Jim Raynor
>Your commander Mengsk orders you to abandon Kerrigan as she's dead anyway and sending people down would risk the lives of many
>Unable to control your dick, dick wants you to bang that PSI Powered pussy
>Rebel towards Mengsk and kill countless dominion soldiers
>Do a good thing and deinfest kerrigan
>Kerrigan instantly reinfests herself on Zerus and kills millions of humans
>Still love her

JustfuckmyJimup.exe

but this thread uses it correctly, so what's your problem?

that its a made up word for dumb faggots who want to sound smart

this. but the movie was a watchable 6/10

Well they cut out the Burning Legion and Mannoroth's blood and instead made Fel just same green magic that Gul'dan cooked up. They need to do a lot of retconning to salvage this.

>dumb faggots who want to sound smart

all words are made up, user

not really
they could simply say fel was given by demons
it would make some sense for Gul'Dan to conceal that fact, so the orcs don't get too freaked out

Irony/Ironic/Ironically are words with meanings. Putting Un- in front of them doesn't make it a new word with whatever you decided it meant. It's still based on the word irony, of which it has none of.

The parts that focused on the orcs were straight up kino. But then mixing that with human actors with cheesy armor and sets and some other problems dragged this movie down. Overall it's a 6/10, which is to say half the movie is 8/10 and the other half is 4/10

Adding affixes to words doesn't suddenly make them not words

I'm watching this now, and there are two very simple things that would improve the movie greatly that come to mind: recast khadgar and get rid of the useless lothar's son plot

>Putting Un- in front of them doesn't make it a new word
it literally does though

Right, but you've completely changed the meaning of the word irony when you fags made up the word 'unironically.' There's nothing actually unironic when you use it.

No! I have never played the games, started watching this and they unleash a storm of weird names upon me. No introduction or anything.
Imagine if Lord of the rings started with the council of Elrond and they just start talking about stuff without any explanation. That was WoW.