Comedic Masterpiece

This show is fucking fantastic. How does Amazon keep hitting it out of the park?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazons-patriot-renewed-second-season-995018
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw barely anyone watches it because it's amazon exclusive for some retarded reason

>nobody watches amazon video, so amazon will think the show sucks, cancelling it

jesus christ, they are allergic to money

Does Serafinowicz use his """"""""""""funny"""""""""""" voice?

I enjoyed it but 7 episodes is too little. I want more.

It's really not funny at all

destiny is calling

GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN!

Yeah well that's like, your opinion man

I really like this character, too. Shit, I really like *all* these characters. Comedy or not, Terror is legit spooky at times. Jackie Earle killing it as usual.

Ms. Lint's fucking awesome, too.

Terror feels like what Sheev would be like if star wars was a comedy.

Thats my favorite scene you posted, I love how its playing the 60s style superhero straight but with real violence.

My favorite relationship is Miss Lint and the ex-husband.
That shit I straight up hilarious.

I really like Arthur's stepdad. He seems like a fun dude.

So is the twist that he was the first super hero or something?

I so totally did not see that one coming. This show rivals The Venture Brothers in interesting relationships.

I'm trying not to second-guess anything. I want to be surprised.

I wonder what kind of cheese he got from the supermarket.

Is the Terror the evil version of superion, or is it just a red herring?

What was the deal with Ticks Armour getting upgraded? Anyone figured it out?

Terror didn't seem to be an alien. Just some human with technology.

I'm guessing it's a meta joke on the fact that the armor in the pilot looks shit and they made it better when the series got accepted.

>Terror didn't seem to be an alien. Just some human with technology.

Did the Terror exist before superion appeared? Terror seems to be old as fuck

Maybe he's one of them eskimos that got his deers burned.

I think the tick is arthur's dad

More like the thicc am i rite

Seems too far-fetched

My guesstimate is that he's a product of arthur's mind, arthurs superpower is that he can project a physical representation of the hero he wants to be, but he's not aware of that

No

Yes
He has a power to create shit. That's why the Tick appeared and why Terror came back.

It's not really that funny and the budget is clearly low as hell and the villains are not nearly as goofy as the cartoon

HOWEVER The Tick was very well casted and I think he does a great job. He's not edgy like the 2001 version.

Will the Tick and Dot get involved in a relationship?

I can't remember when I laughed out loud last time watching anything, but the scene where Ms. Lint told Arthur that Tinfoil Kevin said where is the party I was laughing out loud.

>fucking Tinfoil Kevin

Great show

Tinfoil Kevin is best character.

Hope his lore is expanded upon

>the Tick is the ghost of Arthur's dad

>Your super-villain ex-wife married you because she was insecure after loss of Terror
>you're the IT guy for evil people
>get to marry hotbitches and still have a faggy manbun

Amazon Prime is popular though. What the fuck makes you think it isn't? Because teenagers don't meme "Amazon n chill"?

I didn't like him and I was glad he died so quickly.

>Amazon Prime is popular though.

Prove it

i liked it but its more "weird" than straight up funny. A lot less Sitcomy than the other Tick live action show.
for such a short run they spent too much time on Arthur really. Still can't wait for the rest of the season

>Nearly half of U.S. households have an Amazon Prime membership, according to an report from Consumer Intelligence Research Partners. It estimates that the number of Amazon Prime memberships in the U.S. jumped 35% last year to 54 million.
money.cnn.com/2016/01/26/technology/amazon-prime-memberships/index.html

You really think people who are paying for Amazon Prime aren't taking advantage of the streaming service that has tons of relevant movies and shows Netflix doesn't?

Gotham > The Tick

user...

amazon prime and amazon video are two different things.

Restricting in to be exclusive to one platform is a retarded move.

It's a dogshit show with an audience of nobody. I couldn't make it past the office fight.

>amazon prime and amazon video are two different things.
Packaged as a part of the $99 annual Amazon Prime membership, Amazon Prime Instant Video allows unlimited streaming of thousands of television shows and movies.

>Packaged as a part of the $99 annual Amazon Prime membership, Amazon Prime Instant Video allows unlimited streaming of thousands of television shows and movies.

So how much are you getting paid for shilling?

The Tick is a great show, but they're shooting themselves in their foot with how bad their marketing is

I am simply correcting people (Netflix shills) who are were the wrong.

>This show rivals The Venture Brothers in interesting relationships.
That makes a lot of sense considering Christopher McCulloch (Jackson Publick) worked on the animated version of The Tick and is still pretty good friends with Edlund.

>I am simply correcting people (Netflix shills) who are were the wrong.

>who are were the wrong.

uh huh

>Packaged as a part of the $99 annual Amazon Prime membership, Amazon Prime Instant Video allows unlimited streaming of thousands of television shows and movies.

>Packaged as a part of the $99 annual Amazon Prime membership

You can assume nobody pays for a year of Prime upfront, but that would make it even more obvious how much of a shitskin Netflix shill you are.

So this is deffinately going to have a second 6 episodes right? I know they released it in two parts, but I wasn't sure if they picked up an entire season or just the first 6

>even more obvious how much of a shitskin Netflix shill you are.

I've only ever said that prime and amazon video are two different services and that putting the tick on a service that nobody even knows exist or barely even use is a shit move, they barely have any marketing behind it. This is probably why tick threads gets barely any replies before they die out because nobody who wants to watch it has an easy way to watch it. "just sign up with prime for only $99 to see one show." isn't gonna cut it.

WWYD?

first season is 10 episodes (but i got that from a polygon article from 2016) so take it with some grains of salt

>never watch Amazon Video
>still pay for it as part of prime

REEE, UNBUNDLE IT NOW

I would've got completely naked and forever jack off to the memory of her angrily seeing my penis.

She's a great character, hope they tone down the lint stuff, got a bit too silly towards the end

>You can assume nobody pays for a year of Prime upfront
What? $99 per year or $10 per month? Why wouldn't you go for the better deal?

Yes. The actor who plays Arthur said on Twitter there'd be six episodes now (as in Aug 25) and six more in "early 2018".

amazon does an awful job at marketing their original content. they have to send prime users pop up windows saying "HEY YOU HAVE PRIME VIDEO TOO" to get people to use it. a shame because all of their content is 1000x better than anything netflix or HBO could produce

>nobody watches Amazon video
Netflix has 100 million subscribers. Prime has an estimated 80 million. Granted a lot of prime users are just in it for the 2-day shipping and don't use or even know about their free video subscriptions. Amazon just doesn't seem to be promoting it or except in rare instances delivering good content.

Are you retarded? They are literally sold as a package. Everyone who has prime has video and vice versa.

Are you implying the only way to watch this is on Amazon? That simply isn't true

>Are you retarded? They are literally sold as a package. Everyone who has prime has video and vice versa

yes, but do they ever use it?

look at this reply: It says it all. Amazon fails at promoting that they have a video-streaming service.

I used to pay in a lump sum, but then I changed jobs and became a poorfag so I pay monthly.

Kek

>not in the face

Or was that just the 2001 version?

>Villains aren't goofy
>First episode involves Arthur watching his father die horrifically and seeing the world's greatest superheroes shot down execution-style

I don't think this one was supposed to be goofy, user.

Is this the Amazon kino thread?

the tick has been around for decades and has been a masterpiece in each iteration. it's a cursed IP

Why is it that superhero TV puts such little money and effort into flight scenes? They're CW tier and are embarrassing to see, but it's otherwise a good show. I wanna fug the repressed anger out of Lint.

is it as good as the original Tick live action?

COME ORIGINAL YOU GOT TO COME ORIGINAL

>tfw huge cliffhanger ending
>tfw no season 2

It is one of the few post Iron Man superhero piece of entertainment I enjoyed more so than the others desu.
It's just good fun.

Amazon needs to quit dicking around and just fucking buy netflix. Nobody gives a shit about any other streaming service and good luck competing without massively cutting the competitions source for material, which probably costs more than just fucking buying them out.

>How does Amazon keep hitting it out of the park?
1/2 cent has been deposited into your i'm a huge faggot account, shill boy.

I enjoyed Patriot. What else have they done that's good?

is Arthur the Tick?

No, the Tick is actually a tick sucking brainblood on top of Arthur's head

>that moment when you realize Overkill was originally Shooter from the Flag Five who was left with broken hands, no eyes, and listening to his team mates die horribly and fearing himself next...
"I hated that dog..."

No, he's more like a 40s radio announcer mixed with Adam West's Batman. It works really well

>"I hated that dog..."

holy shit I didn't realize that, but it makes sense

I caught it when I watched all 6 together for a second run.

Disappointingly, Alexa does not offer a "Ominous music" playlist when asked.

I think it's really good too, but I don't usually like to admit liking things on Sup Forums before Sup Forums tells me if I liked it.

Does The Tick have a dick? Think of all the assfuckings you could get in between crime fighting.

but there is going to be a Season 2 user
hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amazons-patriot-renewed-second-season-995018

>The Tick is a great show, but they're shooting themselves in their foot with how bad their marketing is
As of this month The Tick will comprise most of if not all the ads you see during a given twitch ad break.

Sup Forums will never talk about because "dem damn joos" but Red Oaks is actually pretty good.

John Hughes comfiness but with just enough cynicism to keep it from being a love-letter homage. Like boy gets dream girl, but dream is actually kind of a bitch.

>we want the egaming audience
more like shooting themselves in the head

part of the problem is there is no amazon video app on apple devices

stupid i know but i think it might play a part in why it's not as popular

>mfw

>Amazon Prime is popular though.

Torrenting getting more popular than ever. Story at eleven.

I used to be able to stream movies from Amazon in HD to my Chromecast but then Amazon came up with their own device called a Fire Stick and now I can't stream movies to my Chromecast that I bought from Amazon in HD anymore since Amazon are evil kikes. You're now only allowed to stream Amazon in HD on Fire Stick and fucking VIDEOGAME CONSOLES. It's such bullshit. Yeah call me a faggot for ever paying for a movie. I don't have a smart tv either if they even allow you to stream in HD on those.

Amazon video app has been available for iphone and ipad for the past 2-3 years. It's just never been on Apple TV which has a very insignificant number of exclusively users. Apple also recently caved, Tim Cook said Amazon would be on Apple TV by end of summer

since when is american kino on amazon? i thought it was a Starz exclusive

I think it's on Amazon outside the US

>$0.02 has been deposited into your account
Shill.

But Overkill has eyes.

he has robot eyes

It's pretty great. Are the 6 season what they're calling a full season, or did they just dump some out now and we'll get more in some weeks? Finished episode 5 today and I'll watch the last one tomorrow.

Also when the fuck do we get more Jean Claude Van Johnson? When Amazon was doing their pilots I liked that even more than the Tick but I was glad they picked both up, and I've really been enjoying the Tick.

We'll get more in a few months.
don't know when exactly though.

Kind of a shame there's a wait, but I'm glad there's more at least.