Helmet Hair

The overall topic has been talked to death but a practical question popped into my head reading the abortion that is Civil War:

WHO THE FLYING FUCK KEEPS A MASSIVE AFRO IN A HELMET LIKE THAT?!

She can't even see a single HUD in a helmet that size with that shear volume of stupid hair in the way!

>HUD

dude flying an Iron Man armor isn't a video game

come on

>Hulk's pants
>Punches from punch dimension
>Pym Particles
>Speed Force
Who cares?

>HUD - head-up display, noun
>A display of instrument readings in an aircraft or vehicle that can be seen without lowering the eyes, typically through being projected on to the windscreen or visor.

Thanks for playing

Its all curls so it's probably just compressed in there.

There's an audible "boing" every time she takes that off.

Frankly I can't buy the idea that Riri is supposedly a genius because it's an actual suit and not a drone she remote pilots.

Tony had an excuse to make it armor. Riri doesn't.

Framing wise, those panels make it look like she shrinks after taking the helmet off too.

You can pull a afro back

>her name is slang for retard
>mfw
Did they bother to make her distinguishable or interesting or is she literally black iron man

Yes, I know how helmet hair works but if she doesn't have a negative zone portal in there: There are hard physical limits to how much hair compresses in a space that small without getting in her face

>Smartest person ever
>Uses and iron man styled suit
>Might be quippy
Black Female Iron Man.

well that just Prime.

I'm only gonna read IronHeart because the main character is my fetishes combined
>Brown Skin
>Afro
>Skin Tight suit (it's gonna be drawn that way)
>Under legal age

It's hair for one. Yes it can be pressed into a space that small quite easily.
It's a comic secondly. So hand wave on all the trouble it is to actually stuff it all in the helmet.
White people. I swear.

>Did they bother to make her distinguishable or interesting or is she literally black iron man

It was made by bendis last year, after he started crying in the haloween costume aisle, after seeing his daughter pick up a Morales spider man mask, or so he told some interviewers.

So, expect less effort than for miles.

So her first armor was basically Robo-Cop's body with Optimus Prime's helmet and Iron Man's face plate?

I always laugh at those scenes because Iron Man's helmet would have to be HUGE for the space to display that information to appear like that.

>My kid liked the edgier Spider-Man mask.
>I should replace Tony Stark with a black girl.

??????

Bendis is either lying, emotionally unwell, or just really fucking stupid.

He probably just wants more shekels for creating a diverse character that everyone is forced to use and Marvel can't kill off. Else why not use Rhodes niece?

Have you ever had an fairly big afro and worn a helmet? I have, its already fairly dense hair to begin with before trying to stuff it into a helmet several times smaller and keep it out of your face.

Well no shit that's what it is, Bendis always disrespects other creators' works and just makes his own shit and enforces it as canon so he can reap the benefits.

I always figured it was a representation of a 3d display which simulates depth. It would be useful to place his HUD "further out" from his helmet, helps your eyes maintain focus at the distance of your environment rather than reflexively triangulate for close vision whenever you look at a display.

It is possible that the helmet is lined with high def screens that give the impression of space inside the helmet being more than it is, I could see him doing that to prevent claustrophobia.

Also, they might have done the original hud design from when he was in extremis, where he actually figured out a way to make the inside of his armor larger than the outside. He was literally floating with a keyboard and mouse in front of him as his nerves controlled the suit without him having to move a physical muscle.

when does marvel go bankrupt

I use to have hair that long

As a guy

Does she sleep around with all the super ladies?

>So, expect less effort than for miles.

That is not possible. I refuse to believe you can put less effort into a character.

With Disney's hand up it's ass controlling its every move? never.

Miles has vague motivations and feelings.
Riri can literally just have nothing.

Which is the same reason none of their copyrights are ever going out, which means the term "superhero" will eternally be monopolized by Disney and Warner Bros.

Hulk's pants are specially designed to stretch

Not when he first transformed though.

user, this is about racism. Take your comicbook talk and awareness of basic reasoning to some other board.
You should be ashamed of yourself, your post was way off this thread's topic.

There's nothing racist about disliking pandering

>Each of these is a shitty, but existing handwave.
>Riri doesn't even get a handwave.

I'll take "my helmet is laced in Pym particles to keep my dank haircut", to be honest.

>which means the term "superhero" will eternally be monopolized by Disney and Warner Bros.
>Warner Bros.
Technically AT&T now.

>Hulk's pants are specially designed to stretch
Every time I read this I think about a preggo's maternity pants.

Only makes Hulk hotter in my sick head...

>Implying it's gonna go through without repeal.
>Implying, if it goes through, that it will last long.

How about: Black people hair isn't some alien otherworldly thing that you can't understand just because you're being racist about it.
Thor had long hair that fit in a helmet.
OH FUCK! HOW COULD THOR SEE OUT OF HIS HELMET!?!?
One of those Nova guys had a ponytail in the '90s.
OH FUCK! HOW COULD NOVA SEE OUT OF HIS HELMET!?!?
Magneto had long hair once too.
OH FUCK! HOW COULD MAGNETO SEE OUT OF HIS HELMET!?!?

It's this HUGE mystery, isn't it? Racist shitposters.
Stop making this shitpost threads over and over again. You're bumping the actual content of Sup Forumsfor your Sup Forums racism crap.

Riri navigating college life while piloting an Iron Man suit on the side sounds fun.

No shit hair can fit in a helmet. You just took the bait

>Thor had long hair that fit in a helmet.
>OH FUCK! HOW COULD THOR SEE OUT OF HIS HELMET!?!?
Thor's hat is a metal beanie

>One of those Nova guys had a ponytail in the '90s.
>OH FUCK! HOW COULD NOVA SEE OUT OF HIS HELMET!?!?
Ponytail. Also, helmet let said ponytail hang out of bottom of helmet.
>Magneto had long hair once too.
>OH FUCK! HOW COULD MAGNETO SEE OUT OF HIS HELMET!?!?
See above.

It's almost like even Marvel has realized howstupid the afro was with an enclosed helmet and started drawing her hair differently after this.

>I'm racist because I think her hair is too big and I'd rather a goofy asspull over being lazily ignoring it.

Listen, I'm a simple person.
I don't expect much. I just want the writers and artists to try. It doesn't even have to make sense, they just need to put forth the effort.

If Peter had hair that big and they didn't explain it, I'd be calling bullshit on that too.

Comic books

Add to that list Riri's true contribution to the super sciences, helmet-hair space.

She got the idea from watching anime girls pull those humongous props out of hammer space in shows like Ranma 1/2 and Slayers.

You need to explain that particular personal theory to and because from the looks of it, you're the only one who thinks it's bait in racism-land.

>Anyone who disagrees with me is racist.
6/10, it's the best I can do.

I don't know why this is such a big deal. Weirdest thing to nitpick.
Look at how long and wavey Matt Murdock's hair was. Wally West was the same way back in the '90s. No one cares.

Yeah, you don't get it. And that's okay if you don't.
But if you're black in America, white racist people have been telling you that your hair is inherently unnatural for your whole life.
And harassing them for it.
This same question being posted in a dozen different threads as the topic is an example of harassment of black people for not having straight hair, like certain white people.
It doesn't even matter to these morons that plenty of white people have thick curly hair too, it's about telling every black person on Sup Forums that they're not welcome here.
That's the point of these threads.
That's why THEY care, that's why the people they're offending care, that's why I care.
It's just too bad that the mods don't care about racist shitposting.

First off, are you black? if not shut the fuck up because you are some dumber than a shitposter on Sup Forums right now

Second, as a blcak male living in 'murica, I have never hear my hair is unnatural ever in my life, nor have I heard that insult toward any other black person, and I have lived in the south my whole life.

I don't think it's a big deal, I just think it's a bit silly to have that much hair in a helmet.

I can give Matt a pass since he's fucking BLIND, but Wally was pretty bad. And don't get me started on 90's Eddie Brock, holy shit. It's not a problem, it's just something I'd point to and say "Hey, that's dumb/bullshit." I don't get why people are getting offended by people disliking that kind of disconnect.

Oh my god shut the fuck up already.
You're the kind of person that makes us look bad for fuck's sake. Shut your fucking MOUTH.

Stop projecting your god damn insecurities everywhere like a whiny little bitch. It is not god damn racist to think her hair is too god damn big for her helmet. I don't care if you're a shitposter or not shut the FUCK up, Christ.

Visual gag.

>But if you're black in America, white racist people have been telling you that your hair is inherently unnatural for your whole life.
>And harassing them for it.

Oh fuck, how have I gone and landed myself in 1966?

Hey man, look, you might not believe me but I'm from the future and get this: you're going to love the 1980s.

>that pic
OH MY GAWD! LOOK AT HER HAIR!!!
HOW CAN HER HAIR FIT IN A HELMET!?!?

Awww, I know this one.
Are you going to claim racial minority status and then pronounce (as a self-appointed representative of all black people) that nobody was offended?
How do you think that's going to fly?
Guess what my heritage is. Here's some clues:
I obviously know what it's like to be attacked in this petty manner all the time. I sure as fuck am offended by this casual shit-eater-grin-having-shitposter who shitposted this. I'm not blinded by some entitled white racism never-wrong mindset.
You think I'd have any less reason to be offended by a bunch of racists pushing this Nazi crap if I was Germanic? You pricks aren't making white people look like decent human beings.

Don't start shit, and there won't be shit.

I'm convinced you have to be a dedicated shitposter.
Even the stupidest, most uneducated, stereotypical bitch isn't this fucking stupid and insecure.

>still working on the name

Chroma (already taken by DC but i don't think it was a very important character)

any african word for "metal"
Blackforce
Weldweave
Re-specced
Lift
Rails
Band (as in black and metal)
Gauntlet 2
Coaldraw (reference to cold drawing)
Carbonada

one would hope this character becomes a professional welder and/or metallurgist

Volume =/= Length

Thanks for playing.

>obvious Optimus Prime helmet, but with Ironmans face slapped on the front

>Riri Williams

everyone just throwing out real names nowadays!??

why does a nigress have a iron armor? is she rhodeys daughter? she inherited it after he died?

why not Irongirl or Ironheart or IronPrincess or Ironwoman or IronPussy?

>their pants have interdimensional pockets for penises, their shirts use the same pockets to neatly tuck away nipples out of sight
>BUT WHAT ABOUT THE HAIR

She built it

In a college dorm

Go ask the local chapter of the Klan, you already get all your other information from them.

It is literally impossible to fit all of that hair into that tiny fucking helmet. You can't even tie that kind of hair back, it's too fucking curly and voluminous.

That helmet sure looks a lot like Optimus Prime.

I just assume everyone in spandex has a small dick.

>Re-specced

More like: REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-specced

It's not even a small helmet, shithead.
Why don't you shove your face up your own asshole so you can see what you're posting.

I do believe he was speaking in terms of its relatively small size compared to her head and massive mane of hair.

I also do believe you are a cunt.

SpiderDick, SpiderDick,
Dicks what-eeever a spider ... dick!
Radioactive SpiderDick!
SpiderDiiiiick!

Yeah, you just remember to bring a flashlight so you can see everything you got in there...

Hair's not made of titanium wire. I assure you, the ability to compress a fro down with a helmet is an actual thing.
Don't any of you racist pricks watch football?

It is a small helmet, the helmet is roughly the size of her face and maybe about 25% of that nappy ass fro and I'm being generous.

Seriously are going beyond triggered right now.

Mundane clothing has pads that will prevent nipples and dicks from showing through. Presumably supes use similar pads to be as pg as possible.

Watch Iron Man Armored Adventures then.

>Hair's not made of titanium wire.

|Literally| no one is saying that in this entire thread so why don't you go shove your straw-man up your ass?

No, hair is not some dense metal but it is not negligible in terms of the space it takes up and afro hair tends to be denser on average which allows it to stand up the way it does.

can someone post a link to the archive? I missed the storytime. What happened anyway?

Yes.

This is the unrealistic thing in Iron man and other costumed heroes

Get offended all you want, Sup Forums. I'm still gonna jack off to Riri, and there's not a goddamned thing any of you can do to stop me.

I'd be more interested if she was a confirmed womanizer.

>What happened anyway?
Literally nothing happened.

The fighting stopped and Whor took Miles away from Carol. There, now you're caught up.

Jack off to her all you want, my dude. Just don't buy any Marvel books.

If I did, I wouldn't be able to return them.

There's a difference between short, wavy hair and a giant afro twice the size of your head, dude.

You know it didn't bug me, but now that you bring it up yeah how does it get compressed enough to fit?

I genuinely don't read enough comics to have seen hair like that before.
It's kinda like noticing your breathing it doesn't really bother you but then someone points it out and boom now you'll notice till something moderately interesting makes you forget.

And also I'm not white nor American so please don't bring your culture in my face I really don't care. Not trying to be rude I just don't care about the milieu.

>White people. I swear.
You're a funny guy.
Black anons represent!

Protip: It wouldn't.

That's not the overall topic or a practical question. That's the only question that's been asked

When dc starts making movies that dont flop

No there isn't.

Judging by the way the helmet goes from front to back. It moves all the hair AWAY from her face when she puts it on. It's sad she needed a college education to figure that out while every other user can't either

You pussies can complain all you want, you've already lost.

Pym particles.

Spiders don't have penises.

I can't wait until this proud brave woman of colour fights her new arch-enemy, The Don't-Need-No-Mandarin.

I kek'd.

So? It's an empty victory for Marvel. They might one their little cultural battle but lost their business revenue.

You could have said the same thing about Dc a few years back. Only difference is Marvel was a good enough comic to be bought out by disney

I think Disney was only interested in the movie department and having super hero franchises they can sell stuff to kids with.