So does Sup Forums like this because of waifus and contrarianism or is it actually good?

So does Sup Forums like this because of waifus and contrarianism or is it actually good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-gl2I5exFfM
youtube.com/watch?v=zFMsR02Ggx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i think you meant to post that in your reddit window

Haha hey fellow user (4channer). I really liked this post, thanks for making my day XD!

This is an underrated masterpiece. A commentary on the state of feminism in film and television, ridiculing the shallow, Whedonesque feminism that is peddled as authentic.

While managing to be an interesting psychological piece. The multiple levels as fantasy escapism, but also as a sign that they're all trapped still.

The fact that people don't get it either is pretty funny too

Reddit hates Snyder.

I tried watching Sucker Punch but it was unbearable, it made me wonder how Snyder can make something as good as Watchmen and MoS but make such a shitty film in Suckerpunch, perhaps it was the pacing, soundtrack actors, script etc. but Suckerpunch was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Reddit hates Snyder and loves Marvel

I tried to watch it, but it's utterly horrendous. It's as if WB gave $100mil to 16 year old film student, and even though everyone in the cast and crew tried their hardest to make it not absolutely terrible, the 16-year-old's awful taste bled through every single shot, every single style choice.

Like, I can't even attack its subject matter because I didn't really give a crap about that. It's just awfully made.

I've been meaning to watch it but I always get caught up in something else. It's got the girl from Series of Unfortunate Events and the girl from Donnie Darko in it dressed as school girls and it's all made by Zack Snyder. I'll probably get a kick out of it. I remember one of you saying the theatrical version removed the twisted ending in favor of something more cookie cut.

yes

having opinions about specific super hero movies or brands of super hero selling companies is reddit as shit

His best film no doubt.

so uneven. there were parts that you could look with passion and bits that were so shitty that you wanted to poke your eyes out and wish for lobotomy

The opening scene was 10/10 but the rest of the movie was just a sequence of terrible unrelated CGI fight scenes.

Unbearable? Numale detected

It's basically a bunch of music videos and some egdy symbolism attached.

I enjoyed it for what it is, I don't really understand why people seem to hold it to this massive standard or expect every movie to be Citizen Kane. I don't think it ever advertised itself as anything different.

>implying lewd uniform grills fighting orcs and dragons in a WWII bomber isn't cool as fuck

Nailed it. I was also a fan of its overall aesthetic.

>unrelated
I think you may have missed the point

very underrated

OP here, watching it right now. Can definitely see it's more eye candy than clear story. There's probably a deeper meaning but I doubt I'm gonna get it but I still appreciate it for it.

i was hooked right after the opening sequence

Meme flick

just make sure you watch the director's cut, ending in theatrical release makes it harder to understand what's behind the eye candy

in case you can't go for director's cut, here it is: youtube.com/watch?v=zFMsR02Ggx4 other deleted scenes didn't change as much I think

I unironically like it but only because I have really fucking shit taste and adore over the top retarded action movies, Sup Forums loves it because it's contrarian chic to pretend its bad on purpose

Yeah I got the extended version, which I'm guessing is the director's cut?

I guess go

anyways have fun with the movie

thanks brah

That doesn't even make sense.

Unwatchable even the music sucked hard.

SEEETHING

>even the music sucked hard
This is how I know you have shit taste

no one is surprised you are dumb as fuck,

Absolute shit other than some pretty visuals, so pretty much the usual for Snyder

Regardless of "waifus" it is extremely aesthetically pleasing. That's about all the complements I can give it.

The former
Snyder is very good at putting visual icing on a well-written film, but he hasn't the slightest clue on how to tell a story.

Yeah real original.

Garbage tier, thanks for playing.