/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Legacy of Failure Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Poe Dameron #7
Star Wars #24
Star Wars Propaganda (A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy)

>Rebels 3.05: "The Last Battle"
mega.nz/#!EcMliQzJ!57h6_tK3td_9tzfKg-q8b4jHmRa6zBdHP2BorLLmjEc

>Rebels Recon #3.05: Inside "The Last Battle"
youtu.be/VwNkxoTruNY

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtu.be/sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide: (Update coming soon)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Recommendation Guide
imgur.com/N76MfC0.jpg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r313t1BLD3o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is she, /swco/?

not yours

Never forget

I've lost it, this is is wonderful

>a PRODUCER said it so it must be true
wew my lad

Getting your bait in early I see

>added the subs as told
I cant even hate you anymore

He was good friend with Lucas long ago. Helped make ANH and TESB the great movies they are. Back when Lucas still believed in collaborative effort. Before the dark times. Before the prequels.

posting lib material.

please go.

The prequels are all better than ANH though.

ESB is the best, but because of Kirshner, not Kurtz.

>The prequels are all better than ANH though

Kids these days.

>ESB is the best, but because of Kirshner, not Kurtz

Without Kurts constantly backing Kershner, Lucas would have stepped in as director.

And it probably would have been better.
At least in editing.
ESB is so badly paced it hurts.
Hoth is such a slog.

Ehhhhhhhhh

requesting Star Wars propaganda book lore or phone pics please

>10 replies in and thread's already shit
I say we end thread now and start fresh in the morning

this guy
Is a new poster and has ruined every thread since he's been here.

Pretty sure it's just one user (two, tops) samefagging and falseflagging to start shit.

A shame really, but these people do tend to get bored and fuck off eventually. Everybody has to sleep sometime.

Lucas tried his hand at editing Empire.

Everyone agreed it was horrible.

>ruined every thread

IMPROVED

periods for the phonefag so he doesn't get triggered

No, they did not.
Lucas did not.
I trust Lucas more than anyone else involved when it comes to editing.
The prequels have some striking editing.
This whole sequence, for instance.

youtube.com/watch?v=r313t1BLD3o

>that wipe from the jappor snippet to the Star Destroyers

Explain how trying to stop discussion of half of the thread's subject improves it.

Kurtz guy and phoneguy shitting on these webms in 3...2...1...

Let's just try to ignore them.

I fucking love when he jumps down.

All those Jedi igniting their sabers and getting into poses hasn't aged well. It's practically power rangers tier. Not to say I hate it. It's the good kinda corny.

This however was Mace's finest moment, that leap and drop looks pretty slick, aside from the shittily done cutaway. It occurs this is the longest drop and landing (Anakin grabbing the speeder doesn't count) we've seen a Jedi do in the movies.

I wonder which Jedi was the first to learn he could do that?

>"I'll escape over this barrier... OHSHIIIIIIT...!"
>Falls a hundred feet.
>"W-what just happened? Why am I not dead?"

If Rogue One does well, you think Disney might do a Shadows of the Empire adaption? Like just the premises: of taking place inbetween 5 & 6, searching for Han/Boba, Prince Xizor /Black Sun and Dash Rendar.

That's rich coming from Dooku

No, since half the cast needed for SOTE is old as hell. Unless you want them to recast everyone for a movie taking place between 5 and 6.

She's an AI

To be fair, Dooku had just that one big moment of complete failure. Maul's been in a state of perpetual failure for close to 30 years at this point.

Before EU became Legends, Lucas should have stopped spending money on his stupid ass special editions and instead made animated adaptions of comic books and novels, like DC.

He spent a ton of money on SOTE.
They had a god damn film score made for the book.

Please don't talk about things you are ignorant of.

Anyone else feel like lucas shot the series in the foot when he made esb part 5?

At that point you either have to take a shit load of adderall and spend a decade carefully plotting out parts 1-3 to not have any 4-6 spoilers or insist it be watched release order somehow - which would make it dry as you know who lives/dies/etc

So odd they made a big deal out of SOTE but never made a movie, live action or animated. What a waste.

I somehow feel that Rogue One is going to be a commercial success, duh it's Star Wars, but be reviewed harshly, not get a good foothold in the fandom, and long term be viewed as a mistake. So much can go wrong with it.

Only Vader can save this one.

I'm looking forwards to it, kinda, but even I who own far too much SW shit to be fully sane, can't summon the usual hype. I am so unhype I actually lost interest in SW at all the last few weeks and started watching old horror films. Before previous films I was barely able to pull myself away from consuming content and browsing news that I sometimes missed meals.

This time? Ehh... I kinda don't care. I just want to see what's up with Luke, where they take Kylo, and so forth. I don't give a shit about how they got the DS plans, or who died doing it.

I mean, the twist was a bullshit retcon anyway.
Lets not put ESB on a pedestal here.

out of the 212 jedi that participated in the 1st Battle of Geonosis only 24 died, 11%, not bad for their first major conflict in a while.

>comic
>book
>video game
>score

STOP
WHINING

>Only Vader can save this one.
It's extremely unlikely he'll have a huge part in the movie, so I wouldn't count on him being its big saving grace.

>I'm looking forwards to it
>I kinda don't care

That... that pretty much sums up my conflict.

Does anyone in the OT have a higher direct body count than Leia? I'm watching the movies and noticed she has killed A LOT of people.

best transition in the series
ROTS could be called a work of art for this scene alone.

Last I heard they had extended his role a little via reshoots. At the least he's going to get a big awesome scene where he utterly fucks the muggles... or a shit scene where force-less blind guy actually gives him a hard time in a totally-not-a-lightsaber-duel and the others escape. Sadly, I'm expecting the latter.

>Its own personal toyline
It had everyrhing a normal Star Wars movie release should have.

it was basically a movie in only but name.

Was that actually confirmed or just one of the many rumors about the reshoot?

This. I want more.

I believe at the time that they called it "a movie without the movie".

>Luke blew up the Death Star I
>Lando blew up the Death Star II
But if you're talking about on screen face-to-face kills. I think Han were in more shootouts in the OT.

Luke obviously. He's killed millions.

Could just be rumors. I haven't cared enough to actually follow the news. Not since Luke and the space hand, even though that was horrifically an idea floated around.

I'm just treating Rogue One the same I do the Rebels season finales. Something I look forwards to and enjoy, but they are still only as important as TCW film was.

Now to be fair, Maul's little criminal "empire" lasted a few days, while Dooku's Confederacy lasted for several years.

And unlike Maul Dooku got a mostly quick demise, so he didn't have a lot of time to really dwell on his failings. Whereas Maul's life is pretty much nothing but failings, followed by years of contemplating his failings, followed by more failings. Repeat cycle.

While they were both pawns of Sidious, Dooku did everything he was supposed to and then some, making all the way to the inevitable "You have outlived your usefulness" moment, while Maul was tasked with killing just two Jedi as his first big thing, and we all know how that went.

At least Dooku had the good graces to not drag anyone down with him. I mean, sure Grievous died about a day later anyway, but that's not Dooku's fault. Maul on the other hand is directly responsible for getting his brother killed. We can do this all day.

What I always liked about the shot is that it shows her holding the little charm thing Anakin made for her as a kid. It's a really good callback to Episode 1, but it's tragic as hell.

Also does anyone feel that having made that blunder, george should have done tpm three years after rotj and so on and so on?

Then the prequels would have more consistent (pre digital) visuals, maybe different screenwriters/directors, and less hype

Might have saved the internet a lot of bullshit

>it shows her holding the little charm thing Anakin made for her as a kid.
I cried in theaters.

I like the prequels with the aesthetic they have.
TPM and ROTS especially.
AOTC aged the worst, but no worse than ANH.

>But if you're talking about on screen face-to-face kills.

That's why I said direct. Han was in more shootouts, but I think Leia has gotten more kills.

Most of the fighting they did on the Death Star was spent running away, and Leia still managed to rack up a bunch of kills.

They dont match the ot very well. Atoc and rots look like shit to me. Tpm is pretty good

Btw anh looks beautiful despecialized or 35mm restoration

>Maul's been in a state of perpetual failure for close to 30 years at this point.
It's easy to forget how old he is. I saw 30 years and I was about to dispute that but then I remembered his shit parade really started when he got chopped in TPM, so yeah as of current Rebels time he really has been a constant fuckup for 30 years.

George Lucas is an innovator and always wanted Star Wars to be bigger and better than what it was.

That's why he built his companies up to be the industry leaders in special effects, that's why he did the special editions, that's why he did the prequels the way he did. He felt technology had finally caught up with the kind of movies he wanted to make.

How did the Empire last so long against her bloodlust?

I love the prequels, but I always imagine if he had waited 5 or 10 years if the CG would have been good enough for faggots not to cry over muh practicals.

Personally CG doesn't take me out of a film though.

>Geedo
>2-3 in Mos Eisley
>two guards of the Falcon
>Bone in the comm room
>5-6 in the detention level
>2 during the chase scenes
>3 tie fighters
>Boba Fett
>1 scout trooper head bashed in
>1 Imperial Officer
>5-6 during Endor shootout

And that's just going off memory. But I really want search it up or find it myself and see the onscreen kill tally for the main characters of the OT.

The true question, should the Prequels get an update to their CGI in the next 5 or 10 years? Like nothing else added or removed from the PT just updates to the CGI effects.

I want it. George would do it. Disney won't.

I'm not sure you could do that without actually re-doing the CGI, which would be pretty expensive.

>covering entire framw with dinosaur leg
Bed time george

Tpm has the best visuals so

Look at hobbit movies for modern cgi

Full pt special editions

>covering entire framw with dinosaur leg
Why do people who say this forget there was already something covering the frame before that?
A droid covered the frame in the original.

Could somebody compose a list of all of the Star Wars Rebels episodes that feature Vader? That's all I want to see.

Ezra and his gang are terrible characters.

Sorry about the delay my internet is being shitty

How great would it have been if nute gunrays bro got wiped out there

fucking dumbass

You can just go to Wookieepedia and check "appearances" in the Vader article.

That droid's still there, though. It shows up right after the ronto.

That is more like 1/3 the frame, and not a poorly done cgi dino at that but an astromech droid. Because its mos eisley space port

Exactly. Shit was always obstructing our view.
Now there's just more shit.
I don't understand why
1. it's big deal
2. why you think CG is bad

>I love the prequels, but I always imagine if he had waited 5 or 10 years if the CG would have been good enough for faggots not to cry over muh practicals.

Not really. That's the thing about CG, it ages like milk and will rarely look good a few years down the line as the technology improves and the budgets balloon.

Even though George Lucas built the company with the best looking CG in Hollywood, they still age pretty fast.

Thanks. I did just that.

The lack of Vader in this series disturbs me.

no effects age perfectly
movie making is always of the time